Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BREAKING NEWS! THE SUIT REVEALED!

+5
Apologist Puncher
Rduce
webhead2006
thecolorsblend
non_amos
9 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

BREAKING NEWS! THE SUIT REVEALED! - Page 5 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS! THE SUIT REVEALED!

Post  Rduce Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:07 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Haha where did you find that?

Just floating around the Internet...Interestingly, a thread called Scubaman instead of Superman...

Rduce

User Reputation : -17

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS! THE SUIT REVEALED! - Page 5 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS! THE SUIT REVEALED!

Post  webhead2006 Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:42 pm

ah ok still funny manip.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:35 pm

BREAKING NEWS! THE SUIT REVEALED! - Page 5 29480910

Rduce

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:18 pm

You know, I read a "rumor" on a site a few weeks ago, and I think they might end-up right.

The suit might come out of/go in to to the belt buckle.

It would explain the grey "piping", and why there is even a buckle in the first place.

Do I like it? Not initially. I need to see it in order to form an opinion.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:47 pm

Hmm didnt hear that myself. But seems like an interesting ideal to handle what to do with the suit. I was thinking the other day how were they going to handle aspect of storing the suit/and clark getting into it. Plus doesnt the flash do something or did have some ring thing that worked liked this rumor you mentioned ap?
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:03 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Hmm didnt hear that myself. But seems like an interesting ideal to handle what to do with the suit. I was thinking the other day how were they going to handle aspect of storing the suit/and clark getting into it.

I have a strong feeling the buckle thing is going to happen.

Plus doesnt the flash do something or did have some ring thing that worked liked this rumor you mentioned ap?

The Flash has never had a big-budget feature film, and won't before 2012. So that won't matter even if it's true.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:46 pm

I get flash doesnt have a film and likely wont for a long time coming. i was just going about costume hidden in some smaller wearable item and suit pops out of from comics angle of things. I know in superman media comics/cartoons it has been a variety of things being wear under work cloths, to some super condense folding thing or something.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:08 pm

webhead2006 wrote:I get flash doesnt have a film and likely wont for a long time coming. i was just going about costume hidden in some smaller wearable item and suit pops out of from comics angle of things. I know in superman media comics/cartoons it has been a variety of things being wear under work cloths, to some super condense folding thing or something.

It's going to be more "Spawn" and less "Flash".
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:59 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:
The suit might come out of/go in to to the belt buckle.

Oh, damn! Here I was hoping for a Jor-El style voice interface building the suit around him in the Fortress, similar to Tony Stark’s installation of his Iron Man’s suit, after a crystal elevator rises out of the floor and says those immortal words, “My son!” ….

Rduce

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:46 pm

Rduce wrote:Oh, damn! Here I was hoping for a Jor-El style voice interface building the suit around him in the Fortress, similar to Tony Stark’s installation of his Iron Man’s suit, after a crystal elevator rises out of the floor and says those immortal words, “My son!” ….

Sounds like 'Tron Legacy' too....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:22 am

I just came across some pics involving 3-Dimensional models of Cavill in the supersuit and it was done by an artist name Patricio who not only happens to have his own website but also his own Deviantart page. So I though I share a pic that I put together based on his work just to get a good glimps of the supersuit designs!

BREAKING NEWS! THE SUIT REVEALED! - Page 5 Superm16

Last edited by Comicbookfan-V2 on Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:26 am; edited 30 times in total
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:01 am

I STILL WANT THE TRUNKS!!!!! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!! Mad
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:29 pm

I seriously find all that ribbing distracting and not how I hoped for, but I suppose you must break a few eggs to clean up the mess Singer left behind…

Rduce

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:34 pm

Rduce wrote:I seriously find all that ribbing distracting and not how I hoped for, but I suppose you must break a few eggs to clean up the mess Singer left behind…

Here's the thing. That suit doesn't look totally bad. It's a definite improvement from Singerman but..........the trunks missing though stands out like a sore thumb! All that alien-looking crap needs to go too! But here's the main issue. Even in that illustration, Cavill's 'junk' is far too noticeable! Remember, Zack, this is 'family entertainment', capice?!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:45 pm

Rduce wrote:I seriously find all that ribbing distracting and not how I hoped for, but I suppose you must break a few eggs to clean up the mess Singer left behind…

It's wear the armor comes out of. Watch and see.

But if SUPERMAN "armors up", I am going to be pissed.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:52 pm

I rather it just come out of belt buckle thing to give a reason where the suit is while he is in normal attire bit.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:29 pm

webhead2006 wrote:I rather it just come out of belt buckle thing to give a reason where the suit is while he is in normal attire bit.

It's going to be where Jor-El's and Zod's armor come from.

Count on it.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:50 pm

Once you need to have Superman require battle armor you have removed the entire premise he is the Man of Steel. Sure he has used it on rare occasions, but for the first film of the reboot I really feel you should not go there.

This is the slippery slope we all have feared. Our Supes is gone, at least for now, and may never be back! Hell, any human can put on Lex’s battle suit and be Super! Superman shouldn’t need it, PERIOD!

Rduce

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:17 am

Probably will be ap, we will have to see. But whos to say the outfit will be considered "Armor" persay. Maybe it is just a regular material to krypton fashion and isnt "armor". But we dont know what is what yet.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:06 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Probably will be ap, we will have to see. But whos to say the outfit will be considered "Armor" persay. Maybe it is just a regular material to krypton fashion and isnt "armor". But we dont know what is what yet.

It's armor.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Sun May 13, 2012 12:01 am

From what I've seen so far, I'm not crazy about the suit. My complaint about Brandon Routh's suit was that the colors were too dark and many fans shared that view. And yet it seems WB decided the best way to improve from that is to not only make it darker but desaturate it! So desaturated, when I do look back at the suit in SR it looks more colorful than I remembered. Laughing

IMO they should have just gone with the classic suit or at least a much closer variation to it. It's really not that difficult. Red underwear FTW.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun May 13, 2012 12:08 am

I don't see this suuit as bad as sr suit. First we got a lot better chest logo, long flowing open cape and bright red. The blue isn't that bad in this suit. Only real complaint is lack of trunks.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun May 13, 2012 12:09 am

Stockslivevan wrote:From what I've seen so far, I'm not crazy about the suit. My complaint about Brandon Routh's suit was that the colors were too dark and many fans shared that view. And yet it seems WB decided the best way to improve from that is to not only make it darker but desaturate it! So desaturated, when I do look back at the suit in SR it looks more colorful than I remembered. Laughing
The colors with the Singerman bikini were definitely whack. However, I argue that it makes graphic design sense to desatch one color to emphasize the other. That said, Mingenbach seriously missed the boat. She desaturated the red and lightened up the blue? Excuse me, but who the fuck is that supposed to make sense to?

Now, I'd be the last to argue that there was ever any chance of saving the Singerman suit design. "Fixing" it would basically result in a total redesign. So why not do that from the start and spare everyone the bother? However, contrary to that hack designer's claims to the contrary, primaries can work when paired together. In Superman's case, an effective way of doing so, as seems to be the philosophy of the MOS team, is to darken the blues and brighten up the reds. The red keys off much better against a darker backdrop. Is the MOS outfit what I would've done? No. Go classic or get out. But by and large, my issues with the MOS suit are more akin to minor quibbles and the like (Gauntlets? Really?). It's far from ideal but also far from a trainwreck, esp now that we have a solid frame of reference (*cough*Singerman*cough*) for what that looks like.

Stockslivevan wrote:Red underwear FTW.
Trunks. They're called trunks.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Sun May 13, 2012 12:32 am

Thing that could have saved the suit in SR for me is opening up the neckline. He looks like he just grabbed a typical blue shirt and plastered the S chest on it. Oh yeah, and a bigger S chest. That's one thing the MOS suit has got right, I actually like the S design.

But yeah, go classic or get out. That's my deal. All colors should be vibrant and impressive. One does not need to dominate the other.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun May 13, 2012 1:08 am

Stockslivevan wrote:From what I've seen so far, I'm not crazy about the suit. My complaint about Brandon Routh's suit was that the colors were too dark and many fans shared that view.

Don;t even get me STARTED on what was wrong with that abomination...

And yet it seems WB decided the best way to improve from that is to not only make it darker but desaturate it! So desaturated, when I do look back at the suit in SR it looks more colorful than I remembered. Laughing

Actually, I think the blue is pretty light, and not dark at all:
BREAKING NEWS! THE SUIT REVEALED! - Page 5 Henry-Cavill-Superman-Man-of-Steel-Set-Image-570x572

IMO they should have just gone with the classic suit or at least a much closer variation to it. It's really not that difficult. Red underwear FTW.

Can't say I disagree.

And colors is right. Trunks, my good man. Trunks.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next