Harry Lennix Cast As General Swanwick!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Harry Lennix Cast As General Swanwick!

Post  thecolorsblend on Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:07 pm

Superman Supersite wrote:July 8, 2011: Harry Lennix Joins Cast of "Man of Steel"

by Neil Cole

Variety.com reports that veteran character actor Harry Lennix is the latest actor to join the cast of in Zack Snyder's Superman reboot, "Man of Steel."

According to the report, Lennix has signed on to play a high-ranking military officer by the name of General Swanwick.

Lennix is best known for his role as Commander Lock in "The Matrix" sequels as well as portraying Ray Charles' manager Joe Adams in "Ray" opposite actor Jamie Foxx. Lennix also recently appeared as a detective in Universal's "State of Play" and will soon be seen playing comedian Ron Waters in the indie film "Mr. Sophistication," which he also exec produced.

Lennix now joins a cast which includes Henry Cavill (Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El), Amy Adams (Lois Lane), Michael Shannon (Zod), Kevin Costner (Jonathan Kent), Diane Lane (Martha Kent), Russell Crowe (Jor-El - Rumored), Antje Traue (Faora - Rumored), Julia Ormond (Lara Lor-Van - Rumored) and Christopher Meloni (Unknown General role).

"Man of Steel" is currently scheduled to debut in theaters during the 2012 Christmas season.

http://www.supermansupersite.com/0708547.html


I'm starting to think this dude has some kind of religious objection against linking back to the original fucking web postings on this stuff.


Last edited by thecolorsblend on Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
thecolorsblend
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4257
Points : 5802
User Reputation : 287
Join date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Harry Lennix Cast As General Swanwick!

Post  webhead2006 on Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:12 pm

Is this a character from dc comics at all or a original made character?
avatar
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Posts : 4344
Points : 4854
User Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: Harry Lennix Cast As General Swanwick!

Post  Apologist Puncher on Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:16 pm

http://supermanfilmwatchdogs.blogspot.com/2011/07/harry-lennix-cast-as-general-swanwick.html

Since he is ALSO playing a General, it makes you wonder just who Christopher Meloni is going to play? Or, will there be at least THREE different General's in the film?


Last edited by Apologist Puncher on Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
BJ Routh and Bryan Singer WERE the worst thing to happen to Superman since Bepo the Super Monkey.
avatar
Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

Posts : 4864
Points : 7476
User Reputation : 548
Join date : 2010-10-11
Age : 41
Location : West Coast, USA

http://supermanfilmwatchdog.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Harry Lennix Cast As General Swanwick!

Post  webhead2006 on Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:56 pm

Well since we now know he is playing a general maybe he is a co worker/ally to meloni general who I do hope is sam lane. Kinda sucks hhe isn't playing a dc character.
avatar
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Posts : 4344
Points : 4854
User Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: Harry Lennix Cast As General Swanwick!

Post  non_amos on Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:23 am

I want you to think for a moment. General Swanwick as in SWAN-wick as in CURT SWAN. I also recall Zack Snyder saying he was influenced by Swan. Coincidence, or not? You decide, but remember, on Smallville, Christopher Reeve played Dr. Virgil Swan. Like I said, coincidence or..........? Proud
avatar
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Posts : 2305
Points : 2717
User Reputation : 250
Join date : 2010-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Harry Lennix Cast As General Swanwick!

Post  webhead2006 on Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:25 am

would be a nice nod to that guy.
avatar
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Posts : 4344
Points : 4854
User Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: Harry Lennix Cast As General Swanwick!

Post  thecolorsblend on Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:19 am

non_amos wrote:I want you to think for a moment. General Swanwick as in SWAN-wick as in CURT SWAN. I also recall Zack Snyder saying he was influenced by Swan. Coincidence, or not? You decide, but remember, on Smallville, Christopher Reeve played Dr. Virgil Swan. Like I said, coincidence or..........? Proud
Wondered about that myself. Any tribute to Curt Swan that Superman media want to pay is a-okay with me.

If General Swanwick has ever popped up in the comics, I've never heard of him, but I've mentally blocked out Superman comics after about, oh, maybe 1999 up through today with a few exceptions.
avatar
thecolorsblend
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4257
Points : 5802
User Reputation : 287
Join date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Harry Lennix Cast As General Swanwick!

Post  Apologist Puncher on Sat May 05, 2012 9:44 pm

Even more not-much:

http://www.blackfilm.com/read/2012/05/harry-lennix-talks-a-beautiful-soul-and-man-of-steel/

And I know you can’t say much on “Man of Steel” but how exciting was it to get that role?
HL: Oh man! “Man of Steel” is going to be a very big deal when it comes out in Christmas of 2013. I was like a kid in a candy shop. Superman has always been my favorite superhero, it’s not even close. I guess a close second would be Spider-Man, but I’ve always been a fan of Superman since I was a little boy. As a teenager I saw the reboot with Christopher Reeve and I’ve watched that many, many times, and the second one with Christopher Reeve many, many times. To be a part of something this traditional and this foundational to the American myth is a great honor and I’m pleased to say I have a good role in it and I was honored to have been a part of the whole process.

Is your General character a little different as an authority figure than some of the other authority figures you’ve played in other films?
HL: Well I’m not at liberty to say much about it, but all characters are a little bit different. I don’t know what authority figures your referring to precisely…

I hope the large print is a slip from him. You know, since it was pushed from Christmas, 2012 to Summer, 2013.

If not, whooooooo boy.........

_________________
BJ Routh and Bryan Singer WERE the worst thing to happen to Superman since Bepo the Super Monkey.
avatar
Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

Posts : 4864
Points : 7476
User Reputation : 548
Join date : 2010-10-11
Age : 41
Location : West Coast, USA

http://supermanfilmwatchdog.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Harry Lennix Cast As General Swanwick!

Post  non_amos on Sun May 06, 2012 1:08 am

AP, I read that portion of that article at, of all places, duh Homopage! I went trying to find Avengers feedback, which I've found very little so far, but while there, I read that little nugget & get this, Eunuch didn't quote 'Christmas of 2013'. Instead, he printed 'in 2013'. Here it is:

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=11305#comments

May 4, 2012: Harry Lennix Talks "Man of Steel"

Harry Lennix Actor Harry Lennix spoke with BlackFilm.com about his new movie "A Beautiful Soul", but also touched on his role playing General Swanwick in "Man of Steel". Here's an excerpt from the interview...

I know you can't say much on "Man of Steel" but how exciting was it to get that role?

HL: Oh man! "Man of Steel" is going to be a very big deal when it comes out in 2013. I was like a kid in a candy shop. Superman has always been my favorite superhero, it's not even close. I guess a close second would be Spider-Man, but I've always been a fan of Superman since I was a little boy. As a teenager I saw the reboot with Christopher Reeve and I've watched that many, many times, and the second one with Christopher Reeve many, many times. To be a part of something this traditional and this foundational to the American myth is a great honor and I'm pleased to say I have a good role in it and I was honored to have been a part of the whole process.

Source: BlackFilm.com.

· Steve Younis on May 4, 2012 7:32pm EST· 11 Comments · 1184 Reads

My feeling is that Eunuch changed this on purpose. Why? Well, personally I'm hoping that Lennix had his dates wrong since it was gonna come out in Christmas of 2012. Methinks it was a mistake on Lennix's part. Even so, why did Eunuch change it? I didn't even know it'd been changed until you pointed that out. So was duh Eunuch trying to do 'apologist damage control' or what?!

avatar
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Posts : 2305
Points : 2717
User Reputation : 250
Join date : 2010-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Harry Lennix Cast As General Swanwick!

Post  webhead2006 on Sun May 06, 2012 1:04 pm

Well nice to hear from someone from the film and there expereince from it. Hopefully you guys are right that either lennix or the website it cam from originally just got dates wrong. It happens some times. Someone doesn't have all the right info and goofs on things.
avatar
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Posts : 4344
Points : 4854
User Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: Harry Lennix Cast As General Swanwick!

Post  Apologist Puncher on Sun May 06, 2012 8:39 pm

non_amos wrote:AP, I read that portion of that article at, of all places, duh Homopage! I went trying to find Avengers feedback, which I've found very little so far, but while there, I read that little nugget & get this, Eunuch didn't quote 'Christmas of 2013'. Instead, he printed 'in 2013'. Here it is:

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=11305#comments

May 4, 2012: Harry Lennix Talks "Man of Steel"

Harry Lennix Actor Harry Lennix spoke with BlackFilm.com about his new movie "A Beautiful Soul", but also touched on his role playing General Swanwick in "Man of Steel". Here's an excerpt from the interview...

I know you can't say much on "Man of Steel" but how exciting was it to get that role?

HL: Oh man! "Man of Steel" is going to be a very big deal when it comes out in 2013. I was like a kid in a candy shop. Superman has always been my favorite superhero, it's not even close. I guess a close second would be Spider-Man, but I've always been a fan of Superman since I was a little boy. As a teenager I saw the reboot with Christopher Reeve and I've watched that many, many times, and the second one with Christopher Reeve many, many times. To be a part of something this traditional and this foundational to the American myth is a great honor and I'm pleased to say I have a good role in it and I was honored to have been a part of the whole process.

Source: BlackFilm.com.

· Steve Younis on May 4, 2012 7:32pm EST· 11 Comments · 1184 Reads

My feeling is that Eunuch changed this on purpose. Why? Well, personally I'm hoping that Lennix had his dates wrong since it was gonna come out in Christmas of 2012. Methinks it was a mistake on Lennix's part. Even so, why did Eunuch change it? I didn't even know it'd been changed until you pointed that out. So was duh Eunuch trying to do 'apologist damage control' or what?!


It's because Eunuch is an idiot, and he just demonstrated his willingness to "bend the truth" on a whim.

_________________
BJ Routh and Bryan Singer WERE the worst thing to happen to Superman since Bepo the Super Monkey.
avatar
Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

Posts : 4864
Points : 7476
User Reputation : 548
Join date : 2010-10-11
Age : 41
Location : West Coast, USA

http://supermanfilmwatchdog.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Harry Lennix Cast As General Swanwick!

Post  thecolorsblend on Sun May 06, 2012 11:30 pm

Part of me wants to argue that this could fall under journalistic license. Y'know, correcting an incorrect fact given in an interview. Of course, the problems there are that (A) the Eunuch long ago proved he's no journalist and (B) intellectual honesty would kind of require you to somehow acknowledge the incongruity.

But I guess either of those are way beyond Eunuch's level.
avatar
thecolorsblend
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4257
Points : 5802
User Reputation : 287
Join date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Harry Lennix Cast As General Swanwick!

Post  Apologist Puncher on Mon May 07, 2012 12:10 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Part of me wants to argue that this could fall under journalistic license. Y'know, correcting an incorrect fact given in an interview. Of course, the problems there are that (A) the Eunuch long ago proved he's no journalist and (B) intellectual honesty would kind of require you to somehow acknowledge the incongruity.

But I guess either of those are way beyond Eunuch's level.

Look, it comes down to one of three things:

1. Eunuch likes to mess with the facts to suit his agenda

B. He has ZERO respect for his "readerdom"'s intelligence.

III. He's fucking lazy

Methinks it is a combo of 1, B & III.

_________________
BJ Routh and Bryan Singer WERE the worst thing to happen to Superman since Bepo the Super Monkey.
avatar
Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

Posts : 4864
Points : 7476
User Reputation : 548
Join date : 2010-10-11
Age : 41
Location : West Coast, USA

http://supermanfilmwatchdog.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Harry Lennix Cast As General Swanwick!

Post  Apologist Puncher on Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:27 pm

I didn't put this in the "Non-News" thread, well, because he actually says something SPECIFIC:

http://www.redeyechicago.com/entertainment/movies/redeye-qa-chicagonative-mr-sophistication-star-harry-lennix-20121016,0,6960510.column

On “Man of Steel” and what superhero he’d like to play: “[Laughs.] That’s funny. I did not film [in Chicago] unfortunately. I shot in Vancouver and central California, which was great. I had a great time on it. But I wasn’t part of the Chicago end of it. I can tell you that General Swanwick is a U.S. army general and he’s the head of Northcom, northern command. Outside of that I’m prohibited from saying anything. [Laughs.] But I can tell you that the guy they have as Superman is Superman. He’s fantastic. I really like Henry Cavill. I think it’s a very good cast. I’m as excited as anyone else to see the movie. Superman has always been my favorite superhero. I like Spider-Man too and all. I was never that big on Batman, but I really loved Superman from day one and will never forget the experience of seeing “Superman” with Christopher Reeve. It was a profound experience in my mind. I loved that. I think if I could be a superhero—I’ve never really actually thought about that. Frankly, I would love to be Superman. [Laughs.] Except that’s not going to happen at this point I’m pretty sure.”

Good to hear he's a big Superman fan.

_________________
BJ Routh and Bryan Singer WERE the worst thing to happen to Superman since Bepo the Super Monkey.
avatar
Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

Posts : 4864
Points : 7476
User Reputation : 548
Join date : 2010-10-11
Age : 41
Location : West Coast, USA

http://supermanfilmwatchdog.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Harry Lennix Cast As General Swanwick!

Post  thecolorsblend on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:45 am

It's kinda funny, actually. He didn't have to throw in the comparison to other heroes. I like it when people say that. Not denigrating other characters, of course, just saying there's no comparison between them and Superman. Ever.
avatar
thecolorsblend
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4257
Points : 5802
User Reputation : 287
Join date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Harry Lennix Cast As General Swanwick!

Post  webhead2006 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:06 pm

Nice to hear he is a supes fan and praises cavill as superman. And nice to get a detail on his character even if it isn't much. I still wish/hope general lane is in the film too or mentioned by lois. Since miltary seems to have a good factor in the film. Would have made sense to thrrow general lane in too.
avatar
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Posts : 4344
Points : 4854
User Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: Harry Lennix Cast As General Swanwick!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum