Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thor sequel on the way

4 posters

Go down

Thor sequel on the way Empty Thor sequel on the way

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:38 pm

Deadline wrote:Marvel And Disney Setting 'Thor 2' For Summer 2013; Chris Hemsworth's Back But Kenneth Branagh Won't Return
By MIKE FLEMING | Thursday June 30, 2011 @ 4:41pm
Mike Fleming

EXCLUSIVE: Marvel Studios, which is in production on the Joss Whedon-directed The Avengers, is making a full commitment to Thor 2, with Chris Hemsworth reprising his role as the title hero. Marvel will need to hire a director for that film because, I've learned, Kenneth Branagh won't be returning as helmer. Branagh, who directed the first film and watched it gross $437 million worldwide with a few territories still playing out, will likely be involved in some producing capacity. His exit was "mutual and amicable," I'm told. That means a big job is out there that a lot of directors and their agents will be chasing over the upcoming holiday.

Disney will today finalize a release date for Thor 2, which will be released sometime in the summer, 2013. Disney and Marvel have already slotted the Robert Downey Jr-starrer Iron Man 3 to open May 3, 2013. So figure that Thor 2 will come later in the summer. Developing...

URL- http://www.deadline.com/2011/06/marvel-and-disney-sets-thor-2-for-summer-2013-kenneth-branagh-wont-return/

thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Thor sequel on the way Empty Re: Thor sequel on the way

Post  webhead2006 Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:45 pm

Nice to hear thor 2 is a go. Sucks that kenneth isn't the director. Unless things change. But if they get someone new hopefully they will be as good as him.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:51 pm

Maybe Jon Favreau is looking for more work. Very Happy
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:22 pm

Good to hear.

Can't wait for 'THOR' to come out on DVD.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:19 pm

Me too ap can't wait for dvd/bluray for thor.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:44 am

Why not Joss Whedon? He is directing THE AVENGERS after all. If that film is the success I believe it'll be, Whedon could even be in demand but.....no doubt Marvel will want to have a director long before the Avengers actually hits the theaters. Would he do it? Who knows, he might even want to do it. Jon Favreau is also a good choice. I'll even throw JJ Abrams name into the mix. I think he's more than redeemed himself. Sam Raimi could be another choice, why not? He's obviously through with Spidey but tell the truth, the guy thought he was coming back for SPIDERMAN 4! He may have been screwed over by Sony but maybe he'd getter a better working relationship with Marvel itself? I'd even say McG. The guy gets a bad rap for previous work (like Abrams) but he is an executive producer on one of my favorite shows, SUPERNATURAL. Another choice could be Louis Letterrier, director of THE INCREDIBLE HULK. I believe he was even open to doing a sequel to that film if there had been one. He was certainly better than Ang Lee!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:53 am

I think Benecio Del Toro would make a pretty amazing 'THOR' sequel, but he might be too busy with his giant monster movie....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:18 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:I think Benecio Del Toro would make a pretty amazing 'THOR' sequel, but he might be too busy with his giant monster movie....

You mean Guillermo Del Toro? Yeah, he was awesome on the 2 HELLBOY films, I don't care what duh apologists say! Also check out PAN'S LABYRINTH. The dude knows his visuals! He's also working on the new HULK TV series which, with him at the helm, should not go the way of WONDER WOMAN!

I'd even suggest Zack Snyder but I hope he's too busy with a SUPERMAN SEQUEL. Fun
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:07 am

I don't think Snyder will be directing a Thor movie any time soon.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down