Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why wasen't a "Flash" movie ever been made?

3 posters

Go down

Why wasen't a "Flash" movie ever been made? Empty Why wasen't a "Flash" movie ever been made?

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:51 pm

If I recall about 19 years ago there was a "Flash" series which started off as a 90 minute TV movie and it only lasted for one season (Unfortunately) and yet through those 19 years nobody has even thought that a "Flash" movie would be possible I mean they able to make a series back then but now all of a sudden it's so hard to do a film about it! With all the comic book based films coming out I thought it wouldn't be that differcult to make a film based on "The Flash" or other DC characters for that matter? I mean I understand that Hollywood didn't have the type of technology back then as we do now but now that Hollywood actully does why is it still so hard and whats taking so long?

DC needs to realize that they're always behind Marvel and needs to pick up the pace, pronto!!!

Last edited by Comicbookfan-V2 on Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Why wasen't a "Flash" movie ever been made? Empty Re: Why wasen't a "Flash" movie ever been made?

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:26 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:If I recall about 19 years ago there was a "Flash" series which started off as a 90 minute TV movie and it only last for one season (Unfortunately) and yet through those 19 years nobody has even thought that a "Flash" movie would be possible I mean they able to make a series back then but now all of a sudden it's so hard to do a film about it! With all the comic book based films coming out I thought it wouldn't be that differcult to make a film based on "The Flash" or other DC characters for that matter? I mean I understand that Hollywood didn't have the type of technology back then as we do now but now that Hollywood actully does why is it still so hard and whats taking so long?

DC needs to realize that they're always behind Marvel and needs to pick up the pace, pronto!!!

I think it has to do with fear of not enough character recognition, lack of a good script, and the inability to even make a good SUPERMAN film in over 20 years.

The Flash WILL get a movie though. Whether it's soon or not, can't say.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Why wasen't a "Flash" movie ever been made? Empty Re: Why wasen't a "Flash" movie ever been made?

Post  Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:39 pm

I think it sort of owes back to WB's basic reluctance to roll out their superhero properties into film. Their resume of general comic book movies isn't as slim as a lot of people seem to think but in terms of superhero adaptations... for whatever reason, they had to get dragged kicking and screaming into the trend. I continue to be amazed that a ton of people never got fired over that, actually.

The Flash is a pretty marketable character. He's got a cool power, he's interesting (if you guy with Wally; Barry sucks and is totally boring), has a cool origin, he's well known but not so ubiquitous that the public would revolt if the character was "reinvented". From a business sense, he's the character you want to adapt if you're exploring the public's interest in superhero fare.

Why hasn't it been done already? Possibly because WB is run by chimpanzees suffering from a severe case of mental retardation, but that's only my pet theory.

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:12 am

Yea I am surprised its taken so long for flash or others to get a film in this past decade. Of comic film boom. He totally could have happened. Though I do hope the current development will lead to a film and it turns out well. I don't know much on the flashs but I think each is good on there own right. Plus its alreaey known the current devlopment will be barry flash. Plus looking at it to start off barry should be first, to lead into wally, who I am sure will be a key supporting player so they could lead to a later wally film.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down