Conan The Barbarian

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Conan The Barbarian

Post  non_amos on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:06 am

As if anyone really cares:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/167719-new-conan-the-barbarian-photos

New Conan the Barbarian Photos
By SuperHeroHype
Jun 30th, 2011

New photos from Conan the Barbarian have made their way online and can be viewed here or by clicking the picture below!

Directed by Marcus Nispel, the R-rated fantasy action adventure hits 3D and 2D theaters on August 19. The film stars Jason Momoa, Rachel Nichols, Stephen Lang, Rose McGowan, Saïd Taghmaoui, Ron Perlman, Leo Howard, Steve O'Donnell, Raad Rawi Fassir, Nonso Anozie, Bob Sapp and Milton Welsh.

non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Re: Conan The Barbarian

Post  webhead2006 on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:29 am

Some nice photos, probably will check out the film. I liked jason from sga. Also non shouldn't this have been put in general film/tv area?

webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos on Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:46 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Some nice photos, probably will check out the film. I liked jason from sga. Also non shouldn't this have been put in general film/tv area?

I put it here because Conan is a MARVEL character, at least I guess he still is, even though he may have 'pre-dated' his 1st Marvel appearance. Whether he's promoted as such, I don't know.

non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 on Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:31 pm

Ah ok non I didn't know he was/is a character marvel did books on. I would have to look it up myself who currently has the conan rights.

Edit- ok I looked up the character a little bit. The rights to the character has changed hands multiple times. Also marvel from what I read used the character in the 70s. Currently it is dark horse who has a active comic going of the character.

webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:33 pm

Even though I liked him in 'Game of Thrones', this movie looks like ass.

Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

User Reputation : 548

http://supermanfilmwatchdog.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos on Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:10 am

Conan without AHH-NULLLDDD?! Looks like major suckage. Of course, Ah-nuld is both too old and too busy these days to worry with the role anyway! Wink

Nevertheless, I saw the 1st CONAN THE BARBARIAN at the theater when it came out back in the day. Loved it! Still like it. However, the sequel, CONAN THE DESTROYER, left something to be desired. Then there were no more films, that is, until now. I understand that they're trying to be more faithful to the 'source material' than the other films were but still..........don't you think they at least could've gotten someone who looks the part?! I'll be surprised if this isn't EPIC FAIL. Suspect

non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:55 am

Conan with guyliner?

Pass.

Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:51 pm

You know what cracks me up about this film? In the trailer, you hear people refer to him as "Co-NIN". I know he has a late night show, and there was the whole "Team Coco" stuff when Jay Leno screwed him out of 'The Tonight Show', but how do these idiots think that this guy:

Is this guy???:

It's CO-NAN, you morons.....

Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:22 pm

Nothing against anybody who may be anticipating this film but this thing is so far off my radar it's not even funny. I just don't give a shit about this movie or anybody in it.

thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  laserbeam on Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:28 am

No body can replace Arnie.

laserbeam
Dunce
Dunce

User Reputation : -1

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:52 pm

Floppity Goodness:

WeMakeALotOfShitUp.com

The Estimates, Aug. 19-21
1. The Help - $20.5 million
2. Rise of the Planet of the Apes - $16.3 million
3. Spy Kids: All the Time in the World - $12 million
4. Conan the Barbarian - $10 million
5. Fright Night - $8.3 million

Yep, just about what I expected.....

Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos on Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:42 pm

Box Office Mojo has FRIGHT NIGHT at 6 instead of 5 with SMURFS in that position. The horror remake was probably ill-advised anyway. Unless they've got either Jared Padelecki or Jensen Ackles in them, then their conception is debatable. But CONAN THE BARBARIAN should've been a box office blockbuster, right? WRONG! What gets me is that it was beat out by 2 films that had already been released, THE HELP in its' 2nd week & APES in its' 3rd week. Don't most 'superhero' films open at #1, even if they go on to be flops? Even GL opened at #1. The new Conan film is lucky to even have made the top 5!

This 'reboot' was supposedly going back to the source material, whereas the one with Ahh-nulld supposedly deviated from it. Even if it did, I know the original Conan film was good! I saw it in the theater back then in 1980. One reason I made an effort to see it was because it had Ahh-nulld in it. I was still in high school & was really getting into working out & both he & Lou Ferrigno were like my heroes. I was well familiar with Lou from the Hulk TV series but I usually had to read about Ahh-nulld in bodybuilding mags, which is how I found out about his starring role in that film, so I went & saw it & I wasn't disappointed! Source material or not, the film rocked! Sure, if you watch it now for the umpteenth time, it seems dated maybe but at that time it was new to me. Ya know, THE TERMINATOR is generally credited with being the film that made him a star but I feel like Conan paved the way even for that. However, the sequel, CONAN THE DESTROYER, was a disappointment.

Now, one could argue that when Ahh-nulld played Conan that he wasn't a big-name movie star either so give Momoa some slack, right? But you see, Ahh-nulld was already famous! 7-time Mr. Olympia & no telling what titles before that! Yeah, he was big news already, just not in acting, but I also feel like this was key to the original film's success. Just like I went to see the film because he was in it, how many more people did likewise? Exactly! But the film turned out to be pretty decent too, so that was a plus. Now Momoa may be a relative unknown as an actor but you see, Ahh-nulld already had a name! This guy, Jason WHO?! Combine that with what seems to be a poorly conceived film in the 1st place & this is what you get I guess.

non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:56 pm

Tell me you have seen this film, non_amos:

And I agree with you. If this film was even half-way decent, it should have taken #2 at the LOWEST. I mean, look at this:

Rotten Tomatoes

Conan the Barbarian (2011)
TOMATOMETER
26%
AUDIENCE
47%

Nobody is interested in a chatty "Conin" in guy-liner.

Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos on Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:24 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Tell me you have seen this film, non_amos:

And I agree with you. If this film was even half-way decent, it should have taken #2 at the LOWEST. I mean, look at this:

Rotten Tomatoes

Conan the Barbarian (2011)
TOMATOMETER
26%
AUDIENCE
47%

Nobody is interested in a chatty "Conin" in guy-liner.

I saw this years ago, or at least parts of it, on cable TV. I'm a little uncertain if I've seen it in its' entirety but it seems like I did. However, I have a way to fix that. I have it on DVD & I've never even played it. That's what I get for having more stuff than I know what to do with. Shocked

Maybe now that the subject has been brought up I can go dig it out from wherever it's at. I do remember Ahh-nulld 'smoking reefers' though.

non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:31 am

non_amos wrote:I saw this years ago, or at least parts of it, on cable TV. I'm a little uncertain if I've seen it in its' entirety but it seems like I did. However, I have a way to fix that. I have it on DVD & I've never even played it. That's what I get for having more stuff than I know what to do with. Shocked

Maybe now that the subject has been brought up I can go dig it out from wherever it's at. I do remember Ahh-nulld 'smoking reefers' though.

I first saw 'Pumping Iron' when I was a kid. I've probably seen it 25 times in my life already, and it's a good "motivator" when I don't feel like lifting on a particular day.

And Arnold tried his hardest to come off as a "villain" in the film, but his "I cum 1,000 times a day" speech is just GOLD.

Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 on Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:03 am

Oh well poor moma. By why what was the budget for this film?

webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:16 am

webhead2006 wrote:Oh well poor moma. By why what was the budget for this film?

http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/2011/CONAN.php

Conan the Barbarian 3D
Production Budget $80,000,000

Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 on Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:22 am

Thanks ap for production cost for film.

webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Stan Lee Suing For 100% Of 'Conan' Profits??

Post  Apologist Puncher on Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:01 pm

WeMakeALotOfShitUp.com

Stan Lee Suing Producers Of Conan The Barbarian For Rights And 100% Of The Movies Profits!
Stan "The Man" Lee is suing the producers of the recent movie, claiming that his company 'Stan Lee Media' still own the rights to the character and were obtained by Nu Image/Millennium Films illegally...

Legendary comic book creator Stan Lee is suing the producers of COnan the Barbarian for 100% of the 2011's profits, amid claims that the rights to the character were stolen from his company over a decade ago. According to a report over at the New York Post, the company he founded in 1998 ("Stan Lee Media") obtained the rights to the character in 2000.

The lawsuit was filed in LA on August 19th, and states that the company's bankruptcy should have stopped anyone else from purchasing the rights, especially as it's claimed that a former lawyer for Lee's company made an illegal deal for the rights to be transferred to Nu Image/Millennium Films, who produced the recent 3D flop. The transfer of Conan is rendered void because back in 2002, "the shares of Conan Properties and all other assets of SLMI were part of a bankruptcy estate and protected from unauthorized transfer by the automatic bankruptcy stay."

Basically, the lawsuit demands restoration of rights over the franchise and full movie profits. What this would then mean for the future of the character is uncertain. However, after the disappointing financial debut of the movie at the US box office, it's unlikely we'll see Conan again all that soon either way!

Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 on Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:35 pm

hmm interesting find there ap. Though i seem to recall reading online a few months ago that the rights to comics conan has flip flopped between a handful of owners over the last few decades. But dont recall anything of stan lee involvment.

webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:15 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top