Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ayelet Zurer, Not Julia Ormond, Cast As Lara!

5 posters

Go down

Ayelet Zurer, Not Julia Ormond, Cast As Lara! Empty Ayelet Zurer, Not Julia Ormond, Cast As Lara!

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:57 pm

Zack Snyder may have cast another important piece of the Superman mythos. Deadline is reporting that Julia Ormond has been offered the role of Lara, Kal-El's birth mother, in the upcoming Man of Steel.

Ormond is best known for appearances in films like Legends of the Fall and, more recently, Steven Soderbergh's Che and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. She would likely appear opposite Russell Crowe, who was recently offered the part of Jor-El, Superman's Kryptonian father.

On the Earth side of things, Kevin Costner and Diane Lane are confirmed as Superman's adopted parents with Henry Cavill playing the title role. Amy Adams, meanwhile, will play Lois Lane with Michael Shannon and Antje Traue portraying the criminal villains, Zod and Faora, respectively.

Man of Steel is expected to begin shooting shortly with a release targeted for December, 2012.

(Photo Credit: FayesVision / WENN.com)

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/167667-julia-ormond-up-for-man-of-steel

I can fairly say I wouldn't have thought of her as Lara. Not a bad choice though.

Last edited by thecolorsblend on Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Ayelet Zurer, Not Julia Ormond, Cast As Lara! Empty Re: Ayelet Zurer, Not Julia Ormond, Cast As Lara!

Post  webhead2006 Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:36 pm

Just read the news myself. I don't know her work myself. But she seems lkke a nice choice.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Ayelet Zurer, Not Julia Ormond, Cast As Lara! Empty Re: Ayelet Zurer, Not Julia Ormond, Cast As Lara!

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:43 pm

I am not familiar with this actresses body of work.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:38 pm

Ya. If she confirms, I might just check out some of her work.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:08 am

Wasn't she in the Sabrina remake from the 90's? Too lazy to check Wikipedia.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:38 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Wasn't she in the Sabrina remake from the 90's? Too lazy to check Wikipedia.

Yep!:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114319/

Not that I really know anything about that though, just a quick look-see. And on that SHH link, one of the initial comments was for Julia Ormond as a KRYPTONIAN MILF!

Man, oh man, are these apologists deprived or what?! Laughing
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:45 am

MILF...

Y'know, there are days when I merely despise American Pie. And then there are days where I want to go back in time and shoot the people responsible before they could make it. And all because of that acronym that just won't fucking die already.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:09 pm

Things have changed, apparently:

http://www.deadline.com/2011/09/ayelet-zurer-now-playing-supermans-kryptonian-mother/

Ayelet Zurer Now Playing Superman’s Kryptonian Mother
Ayelet Zurer, Not Julia Ormond, Cast As Lara! Ayelet110925225024
By MIKE FLEMING | Sunday September 25, 2011 @ 6:54pm EDT
EXCLUSIVE: Superman is getting a new mom. Ayelet Zurer, the Israeli actress who starred in Angels & Demons and who played the wife of Avner (Eric Bana) in Munich, has been set to play the role of Lara Lor-Van, Superman’s Kryptonian mother, in Man of Steel. Production is underway on the Warner Bros/Legendary film. That role was originally going to be played by Julia Ormond. I was unable to find out why director Zack Snyder made the last-minute change, but I’ve confirmed that Zurer will start filming this week. Henry Cavill plays Superman, Russell Crowe plays Superman’s Kryptonian father, Jor-El, and Amy Adams, Kevin Costner, Diane Lane and Michael Shannon also star. Zurer will next be seen starring in the Lawrence Kasdan-directed Darling Companion opposite Diane Keaton, Kevin Kline and Dianne Wiest for Sony Pictures Classics. She’s repped by IFA Talent Agency. Man of Steel is produced by Chris Nolan, Charles Roven, Deborah Snyder and Emma Thomas.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:26 am

I just read the news about julia out and this other actress in. Sucks a bit but hey it happens. I hope this new actress does well with the role.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:43 am

Ayelet Zurer arriving to set(not in costume):
http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/0KqLGcoDAXs/Antje+Traue+Set+Man+Steel/xwtwvOObYah
Ayelet Zurer, Not Julia Ormond, Cast As Lara! Anzvc810
Ayelet Zurer, Not Julia Ormond, Cast As Lara! Ancmq610
Ayelet Zurer, Not Julia Ormond, Cast As Lara! Au4opx10
Ayelet Zurer, Not Julia Ormond, Cast As Lara! Anc9hl10
Ayelet Zurer, Not Julia Ormond, Cast As Lara! Aobyah10
Ayelet Zurer, Not Julia Ormond, Cast As Lara! Ajvcl10
Ayelet Zurer, Not Julia Ormond, Cast As Lara! Andq_i10
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:35 pm

Yep, there she is....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:03 pm

She is a very lovely looking lady, cant wait to see if her outfit is simular to crowe's outfit.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:56 pm

I noticed that no other site picked-up on this little "nugget":

http://thebottomline.as.ucsb.edu/2012/01/red-carpet-premiere-of-film-%E2%80%98darling-companion%E2%80%99-shines-on-film-festival%E2%80%99s-opening-night

Zurer was excited to work with such big names in a film and was quick to comment on the experience.

“It was fantastic! Working with Diane Keaton was astounding! I remember being on set once and seeing her and just being in awe-I forgot my lines,” she said.

Zurer even gave a glimpse of her next project.

“I’m playing the baby’s mom [in the upcoming Superman film, ’Man of Steel’],” said Zurer. “I can’t say much, but fans should expect some of the old things, but also some new.”

That first line is interesting....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:28 am

Either an editor seriously needs to get fired or this chick is a blithering idiot.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:59 am

Nice find ap, my guess whhich you likely thinking too. Is probably clark with the kkents see a hologram message from the el and jorel/lara actors were on set for.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:23 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=58250

ShockYa: And what can you share about the upcoming “Man of Steel,” in which you play Superman’s birth mother?

AZ: I think it’s going to be an awesome movie, really. I loved Zack (Snyder). I think he’s a very cool and creative director, and I think the executive producers who developed the project are really on top of it because it’s a major movie and they’ve invested so much in it — not just money, but time. So I think the edginess of the direction that Zack took is something that’s really going to pay off. I have some scenes with Russell Crowe. And I love the costumes. I would steal one if I could. I don’t know if I’d have anywhere to go in it, but they’re nice, and overall it was such nice, nice work.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:53 pm

Hm. Makes you think. I mean, at what point do we start worrying about this "edginess" everybody keeps talking about? A talking point for interviews is one thing but this angle just keeps coming up...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:01 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Hm. Makes you think. I mean, at what point do we start worrying about this "edginess" everybody keeps talking about? A talking point for interviews is one thing but this angle just keeps coming up...

What's wrong with a Superman movie being "edgy", anyway? Should we hope for another heaping helping of Donner softness? 'Green Lantern'-level boredom? Nolan "ultra-realism"? Edgy doesn't imply ANYTHING but "This AIN'T the Superman movie you've seen for the last 35 years".

And I'm all for that.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:04 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Hm. Makes you think. I mean, at what point do we start worrying about this "edginess" everybody keeps talking about? A talking point for interviews is one thing but this angle just keeps coming up...
Apologist Puncher wrote:What's wrong with a Superman movie being "edgy", anyway? Should we hope for another heaping helping of Donner softness? 'Green Lantern'-level boredom? Nolan "ultra-realism"? Edgy doesn't imply ANYTHING but "This AIN'T the Superman movie you've seen for the last 35 years".

And I'm all for that.
Fair enough. I just hear "edgy" and can't help thinking about (pr fearing) an out of character Superman.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:07 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Fair enough. I just hear "edgy" and can't help thinking about (pr fearing) an out of character Superman.

When they start saying Superman HIMSELF is "dark" or "edgy", I'll be worried. But the movie itself?

Bring it on.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:16 am

thecolorsblend wrote:
Apologist Puncher wrote:What's wrong with a Superman movie being "edgy", anyway? Should we hope for another heaping helping of Donner softness? 'Green Lantern'-level boredom? Nolan "ultra-realism"? Edgy doesn't imply ANYTHING but "This AIN'T the Superman movie you've seen for the last 35 years".

And I'm all for that.
Fair enough. I just hear "edgy" and can't help thinking about (pr fearing) an out of character Superman.

Remember this?

Ayelet Zurer, Not Julia Ormond, Cast As Lara! Superb12

Nah. Nothing at all like that, right? Right?! I mean, Zod.....maybe. But not Superman. I hope not!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Alf Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:03 pm

´´Henry Cavill is very Kermitty! There is a humility to Henry and that’s one of the reasons his Superman is going to be so compelling. He has this beautiful face and humble spirit and that’s really a hard combination to come upon. `` - Amy Adams in December (after already shooting scenes with Henry).

"As you know, he was up for the role before. That was 8 years ago I think. And I think now, the thing's that awesome, the thing that i love about him is that he's a man. And I think it's been a while since we had a manly Superman. And also, he has this little bit of kindness which is important." - Zack Snyder

Zack Snyder: "You know what Henry is? I'll tell you, the reason Henry's the right guy is because even though Henry's a man, he's a big guy, tough, cool-looking, handsome I'd guess you'd say, but he has that kindness in his eyes that makes you believe that he cares."

And of course the official MOS synopsis states that Clark must become Superman to shine as the world's last beacon of hope.

Doesn't sound like a dark guy at all does it? So as of yet, there is NOTHING to indicate that Superman himself will be dark or whatever. Edgy? If edgy means punching Zod's lights out, sure, bring it on. But people jump to conclusion too quick and think Superman is going to turn into Batman in MOS. Won't happen. So just chill. Happy
Alf
Alf
Dean Cain
Dean Cain

User Reputation : 35

http://www.manofsteel.com

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:07 pm

Totally man the world, and villains can be all dark, edgy but superman needs and is the smbol of hope, light justice. That is how the persona of superman should be handled.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:16 pm

Superman wrote:´´Henry Cavill is very Kermitty! There is a humility to Henry and that’s one of the reasons his Superman is going to be so compelling. He has this beautiful face and humble spirit and that’s really a hard combination to come upon. `` - Amy Adams in December (after already shooting scenes with Henry).

"As you know, he was up for the role before. That was 8 years ago I think. And I think now, the thing's that awesome, the thing that i love about him is that he's a man. And I think it's been a while since we had a manly Superman. And also, he has this little bit of kindness which is important." - Zack Snyder

Zack Snyder: "You know what Henry is? I'll tell you, the reason Henry's the right guy is because even though Henry's a man, he's a big guy, tough, cool-looking, handsome I'd guess you'd say, but he has that kindness in his eyes that makes you believe that he cares."

And of course the official MOS synopsis states that Clark must become Superman to shine as the world's last beacon of hope.

Doesn't sound like a dark guy at all does it? So as of yet, there is NOTHING to indicate that Superman himself will be dark or whatever. Edgy? If edgy means punching Zod's lights out, sure, bring it on. But people jump to conclusion too quick and think Superman is going to turn into Batman in MOS. Won't happen. So just chill. Happy

The people spreading this bullshit are looking for a reason to hate on this film.

And 9 times out of 10, they are Apologists.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down