Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Connie nielson and Harry lennix up for roles in MOS

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Connie nielson and Harry lennix up for roles in MOS - Page 2 Empty Re: Connie nielson and Harry lennix up for roles in MOS

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:49 am

BHoward wrote:He is significant enough as an actor to get the press release.

Maybe if he was actually cast. This was a double-rumor with the other being for Lara.

How does an un-named role fit in?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Connie nielson and Harry lennix up for roles in MOS - Page 2 Empty Re: Connie nielson and Harry lennix up for roles in MOS

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:51 am

BHoward wrote:AP, your original statement was that he'll probably play Perry White, which I doubted as a personal opinion. As my thoughts have developed further on this, I think he is just a great actor getting a role. He doesn't have to play Ron Troupe or any other character in the mythology. Just a guy.

Actually, my original post said I was PREDICTING he would play Perry White. And I stand by that.

Hey colors, how is my track-record so far when it comes to predicting 'round here?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BHoward Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:51 am

If BatManuel (cant remember the actors name) and Anthony Michael Hall got press releases for The Dark Knight, I'm sure Harry Lennix and Connie Nielsen are worthy enough actors to get releases as well.

BHoward
SuperFriend
SuperFriend

User Reputation : 14

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:53 am

BHoward wrote:If BatManuel (cant remember the actors name) and Anthony Michael Hall got press releases for The Dark Knight, I'm sure Harry Lennix and Connie Nielsen are worthy enough actors to get releases as well.

Except, AGAIN, these are NOT press-releases.

It's a R-U-M-O-R.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BHoward Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:09 am

Well I've never been one to let facts get in the way of a debate. Rolling Eyes

BHoward
SuperFriend
SuperFriend

User Reputation : 14

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:14 am

Has anyone thought that Lennix may be up for the role of JOHN HENRY IRONS AKA STEEL? Or just John Henry Irons sans Steel? Since Nolan does have his hand in this film, then Steel would be what he would consider a 'realistic' character. I really don't know much about Lennix. I've seen the Matrix trilogy before but it's been so long that I may have to dig out the DVDs & watch them again. I don't really remember him in the film but I also don't really even remember his name before today! Just trying to figure out though who he could play but I tend to agree with BHoward. I don't think they should change Perry White 'just because' it's the PC thing to do or whatever, & no, I don't consider myself a racist either. I did accept Pete Ross on Smallville because it worked for Smallville's dynamic. However, Perry White is such a major character it would be better to go traditional.

Although I think someone mentioned him being on Krypton or something, has one considered that he may be one of the bad guys, along with Shannon's Zod? Kind of like on Smallville?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:05 pm

non_amos wrote:Has anyone thought that Lennix may be up for the role of JOHN HENRY IRONS AKA STEEL? Or just John Henry Irons sans Steel? Since Nolan does have his hand in this film, then Steel would be what he would consider a 'realistic' character. I really don't know much about Lennix. I've seen the Matrix trilogy before but it's been so long that I may have to dig out the DVDs & watch them again. I don't really remember him in the film but I also don't really even remember his name before today! Just trying to figure out though who he could play but I tend to agree with BHoward. I don't think they should change Perry White 'just because' it's the PC thing to do or whatever, & no, I don't consider myself a racist either. I did accept Pete Ross on Smallville because it worked for Smallville's dynamic. However, Perry White is such a major character it would be better to go traditional.

Although I think someone mentioned him being on Krypton or something, has one considered that he may be one of the bad guys, along with Shannon's Zod? Kind of like on Smallville?

I made a prediction, and I'm standing by it.

Other people can think what they want, but my track-record is pretty good so far.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:09 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:EDIT- And something else, as your mod, I'd like to head a potential bullshit argument off at the pass. I realize nobody here is stupid enough to argue that someone else is racist. But just in case it doesn't go without saying... nobody here is racist. If you have to play that card in order to bolster your argument, you have no place around here because we rely on facts, logic and intellectual honesty to make our points. So no accusations of racism, mmmkay?

I don't even see why this even needed to be said. If anyone, ANYONE, made that claim here, they would be gone faster than BJ Routh's "leading man" status.

Plus, it's a cowardly train of thought to entertain in the first place.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:50 am

Ya know, I hadn't really even thought of this until I saw some idiot post this at duh Homopage:

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9905#comments

#59 | Jor-L5150 on June 16, 2011 10:20am EST
harry lennix as mr. president?

wow. he's a great actor, but soobviously an obama look-alike. i think it'd be better to keep "mr. president" more vague- so as not to date the movie.

(in the long cut of STM the air force one crew makes a joke about "eating peanuts"- a joke about jimmy carter- it was wisely cut)
in the reeve movies they avoided making the president look like reagan.
i don't know if its a rumor or what the motive is for casting lennix.
he's a really good actore though, and very handsome. as long as the movie isn't politicised we should be fine.

I can't believe it but I think the prick may have a point! We're aware that in Superman films we usually have a generic President, like in Superman 2. However, I believe it was in the film CONTACT starring Jodie Foster that Bill Clinton actually appeared as the President in the film & was actually the President in real life at the time. Nevertheless most films would either have their generic President or, say in the case of George W. Bush, have some comedic actor look-alike playing the role, such as in HAROLD & KUMAR ESCAPE FROM GUANTANIMO BAY.

Interestingly, doing a quick Google search, I come up with this site:

http://dearleaderblog.blogspot.com/2009/04/casting-call-08-election-pt-i.html

Since this isn't Superman related there's no sense in copying & pasting all that info, plus it's from April 2009. Nevertheless, suffice it to say that this guy was suggesting that Lennix portray OBAMA in some proposed HBO film about the 2008 election, a film I have no idea if it ever saw the light of day or not & don't care to continue to search for that. However, if you visit that site, you'll see a 'side-by-side' comparison of Lennix & Obama in similar attire. Now, Lennix is not Obama's clone any more than BJ is Reeve's but..........you can also see the point that he's making, & this guy is just some 'Blogspot' dude.

Now consider that Nolan & Snyder naturally make reference to 'Mr. President' in THE MAN OF STEEL. Even though the 2012 election will already be over by the time that comes out, Obama will still have been the President for the last 4 years by then & may or may not get re-elected. But let's also theorize that instead of having another generic President such as E.G. Marshall, that this time they choose to 'mirror' Obama's presidency. They may reference him by name or..........he may just be like the "President David Palmer' in the 24 TV series. Either way they'd be reflecting real life current events.

I'll go out on a limb here & predict that Lennix may be up for the role of the President in the reboot. I just can't believe that an apologist caused me to think about it! Idea
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:52 am

A valid thought non about lennix. I too did bring up the idea what if he was up for some govt,other supporting/minor role. It would be nice if he did end up being a real dc character likr steel or ron. Hopefully if he signs we get some word in what his role is.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:54 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:EDIT- And something else, as your mod, I'd like to head a potential bullshit argument off at the pass. I realize nobody here is stupid enough to argue that someone else is racist. But just in case it doesn't go without saying... nobody here is racist. If you have to play that card in order to bolster your argument, you have no place around here because we rely on facts, logic and intellectual honesty to make our points. So no accusations of racism, mmmkay?

I don't even see why this even needed to be said. If anyone, ANYONE, made that claim here, they would be gone faster than BJ Routh's "leading man" status.

Plus, it's a cowardly train of thought to entertain in the first place.
There's only one member of this board who'd make the argument. You know who I'm talking about. The above is intended for him pretty much exclusively.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:00 pm

non_amos wrote:I'll go out on a limb here & predict that Lennix may be up for the role of the President in the reboot. I just can't believe that an apologist caused me to think about it! Idea

Wow, not reaching at all....

My prediction is sounding better & better every day.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:09 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
non_amos wrote:I'll go out on a limb here & predict that Lennix may be up for the role of the President in the reboot. I just can't believe that an apologist caused me to think about it! Idea

Wow, not reaching at all....

My prediction is sounding better & better every day.

So why do you think that mine doesn't? Wouldn't him as the President be more realistic than changing Perry White's ethnicity? Now that's reaching................................................................................ Shocked
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:13 pm

non_amos wrote:So why do you think that mine doesn't? Wouldn't him as the President be more realistic than changing Perry White's ethnicity?

Because it's fucking retarded, that's why.

Now that's reaching................................................................................ Shocked

Except I laid-out reasons why based on acting ability and such, as well as it happening already to characters in the Superman Universe.

Not basing my prediction on something someone said at Duh HomoPage.

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:39 pm

How is it retarded if it mirrors real life & real events? And even 24 had their 'President David Palmer'. It would also be considered a 'PC' move as well. Yeah, I know, I know, an apologist suggested it, but so what? I didn't just take his word for it. I thought afterwards for myself because of our own real-life politics, so a quick Google search came up with that link almost immediately, so I read a little bit of it. It seems that idea is at least 2 years old even for a non-Superman film. So yeah, apparently there are people who'd like Lennix to play the President in something. This apologist apparently suggested it for similar reasons. Now, I know we bash on duh apologists & most of the time it's even justified, but OTOH, if something is suggested that actually makes sense, should we dismiss it just because 'it was said at duh Homopage'?

If they change Perry White's ethnicity, that will really cause an uproar, both pro and con. Duh apologists will probably be generally for it while most realists will be against it, but not for racial reasons. Rather because of 'the canon'. They'll argue that the characters should not be changed just to be 'PC'. It will probably divide the fanbase as extremely as Singerman. The last thing THE MAN OF STEEL needs is a lot of unnecessary controversy. Think the idea of Lindsay Lohan in the film would've been controversial? So would this.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:57 pm

non_amos wrote:How is it retarded if it mirrors real life & real events?

Because this film comes out at the tail end of December, 2012 and Barrack Hussein Obama might not even BE President at that point. The next elections are in November of 2012, and we could have a new President-Elect waiting to take over a month later on January 20th, 2013.

Good enough reason for you?

This apologist apparently suggested it for similar reasons. Now, I know we bash on duh apologists & most of the time it's even justified, but OTOH, if something is suggested that actually makes sense, should we dismiss it just because 'it was said at duh Homopage'?

Yes.

If they change Perry White's ethnicity, that will really cause an uproar, both pro and con. Duh apologists will probably be generally for it while most realists will be against it, but not for racial reasons. Rather because of 'the canon'. They'll argue that the characters should not be changed just to be 'PC'. It will probably divide the fanbase as extremely as Singerman.

You are waaaay wrong here. Perry White is as important as Superman? Is that what you are saying? Because Singerman did what it did because of how they portrayed Kal-El, NOT Perry White.

SOME people MIGHT bitch at first, but would wait to actually SEE the film. If, and I say again IF, his Perry White was a completely different person who resembled the original in NO WAY, then the bitching will commence TRIPLE what it was before. But if, again IF, he nails the core of the character, the majority would be content.

Character is what matters. Not skin-tone.

The last thing THE MAN OF STEEL needs is a lot of unnecessary controversy. Think the idea of Lindsay Lohan in the film would've been controversial? So would this.

Ah, Hyperbole, Where would the internets be without you?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:24 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:

Because this film comes out at the tail end of December, 2012 and Barrack Hussein Obama might not even BE President at that point. The next elections are in November of 2012, and we could have a new President-Elect waiting to take over a month later on January 20th, 2013.

Good enough reason for you?

Did you read my original post on this? I said that the election would be over by the time the film comes out. I also said that Obama may or may not get re-elected. I already said all of that. That's beside the point. I guess part of my point is, is that Obama 'broke the mold' of the stereotypical President. Even though some media, such as 24, were already depicting a black President, you know & I know that typically a white man is depicted as the President, even if it's a 'generic' President. Now that stereotype has been broken. And for the record, lest anyone misunderstand me, I didn't vote for Obama & I don't plan on voting for him next time either. However, I'm also not trying to argue politics either. Anyone can vote for who they want to. Nevertheless, now that the stereotype has been broken, expect more such stuff in the media and even in real life. No doubt there will be other black candidates in the future. Some will even win but there will also continue to be white Presidents elected as well. Hey, there might even be an Hispanic President (born here of course), or Asian, or even a WOMAN. That's sort of the point I'm making & I wouldn't be surprised to see it reflected in TV & films as well.

Oh, & I don't consider Perry White as important as Superman, but I also don't think he's Pete Ross either. I prefer they stick with the canon.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:38 pm

non_amos wrote:Did you read my original post on this? I said that the election would be over by the time the film comes out. I also said that Obama may or may not get re-elected. I already said all of that. That's beside the point.

No, it's NOT beside the point. IF Obama loses, no film that close in dates is going to want to open fresh wounds.

Period.

Oh, & I don't consider Perry White as important as Superman, but I also don't think he's Pete Ross either. I prefer they stick with the canon.

Except he IS.

Both are supporting characters.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:31 am

As to my prediction, I am:
Connie nielson and Harry lennix up for roles in MOS - Page 2 Eating_Crow
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2