What's left?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What's left?

Post  thecolorsblend on Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:07 am

Had a conversation with a friend a while back. He asked (because he was going somewhere) what comic book movie I'd like to see that we haven't seen (to some extent or another) already. Frankly, it was kind of hard to think of anything. Yeah, I'd be hip to a Luke Cage/Iron Fist movie (and think it would do crazy business if done right) and a Flash movie is long overdue but in general... I mean, a LOT of comic book movies have been made now.

And that was sort of my friend's point. He said it was Watchmen that actually made him realize Hollywood's comic book fad will probably be over soon just because the well's running dry. I mean, a lot of DC's best stories are "continuity-killers" like The Dark Knight Returns, Whatever Happened To The Man of Tomorrow or Kingdom Come but they're not good choices for making into films. The Flash seems as dead in the water as ever, that idiotic Supermax movie is probably never getting off the ground (thank God), Wonder Woman is DOA, on and on and on. And even if you could get those films off the ground, how much of a franchise would any of them really lead to?

From Marvel, their options are even worse. They've got a rich tapestry to work from overall but a lot of their big guns have movies already; the leftovers would have trouble carrying a film by themselves. You could make a kick ass movie out of something like Civil War (a storyline which I'd love to see in a future Avengers movie, actually) but bringing other characters we haven't seen yet into solo films is a tall order.

Just kinda makes you wonder if the only thing left is for Hollywood to either find a new genre to exploit or else move on to second tier publishers like Boom or IDW for new movie concepts.
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Re: What's left?

Post  Apologist Puncher on Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:09 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Had a conversation with a friend a while back. He asked (because he was going somewhere) what comic book movie I'd like to see that we haven't seen (to some extent or another) already. Frankly, it was kind of hard to think of anything. Yeah, I'd be hip to a Luke Cage/Iron Fist movie (and think it would do crazy business if done right) and a Flash movie is long overdue but in general... I mean, a LOT of comic book movies have been made now.

I think some movies that have already been made need to be made BETTER. Punisher, Daredevil, Fantastic Four and last but not least Superman jump right out at me.

thecolorsblend wrote:that idiotic Supermax movie is probably never getting off the ground (thank God),

I was just thinking recently that this idea could be re-worked into a TV series for Justin Hartley from 'Smallville' to star in.

Make it a combination of 'Prison Break' & 'Smallville' and you are set.

Admin
Admin

User Reputation : 548

http://supermanfilmwatchdog.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:21 am

thecolorsblend wrote:that idiotic Supermax movie is probably never getting off the ground (thank God),
Apologist Puncher wrote:I was just thinking recently that this idea could be re-worked into a TV series for Justin Hartley from 'Smallville' to star in.

Make it a combination of 'Prison Break' & 'Smallville' and you are set.
I don't think SV ever put that genie back into the bottle so you could be on to something here.
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:36 am

I usually am....

Admin
Admin

User Reputation : 548

http://supermanfilmwatchdog.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 on Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:31 am

For me would hope the cbm age isn't over soon. There is tons of characters I still love to see get a shot on the big screen and done properly.
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  BHoward on Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:16 pm

I'd like to see that Hawkman movie that's been rumored lately. I think First Class can really be an excellent starting point for a new XMen series of films. Not necessarily a Marvel fan, but that group is so rich in stories and characters. They don't even have to depend on Wolverine as much as the previous series. In regards to the Green Arrow concept, I'd like to see a Brave & Bold type series with GA in the Batman role. With the heroes and villains that have made appearances on Smallville, I think it be a pretty good vehicle to bring them back. Have the Black Canary relationship finally get its due as well.

BHoward
SuperFriend
SuperFriend

User Reputation : 14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top