Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Things 'Smallville'

+5
thecolorsblend
Father Finian
webhead2006
non_amos
Apologist Puncher
9 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

All Things 'Smallville' - Page 4 Empty Re: All Things 'Smallville'

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:45 pm

All Things 'Smallville' - Page 4 Smallville-embed

I'd provide a URL for the origin of that image there but I found it on facebook. It's a Gary Frank Smallville Season 11 cover. And yes, the trunks are gone. WHY!?!?!?!? Also, as with most things Gary Frank draws, it looks odd and off-kilter somehow. Thankfully he's only doing the covers.

Last edited by thecolorsblend on Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:49 pm

I missed it due to reading article to quickly and on my cell. So it was just a mistakke on my part not reading it fully.
As for image man sucks they dropping trunks. Hopefully we will gert more official cb pages to see it all. Hopefully we see him start with trunks and then drop it. But urrgh looks like dc. Wannts to inist on the trunkless looks. Which is bull since as I said earlier we still have many dc things with superman in trunkks. Also maybe it could for all we hope just be the cover look and costume in book has trunks. That has happened before in books. Cover have one thing and in book be different.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:54 pm

Gary Frank cannot draw a decent face if it's not a Reeve rip-off, can he?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:12 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/superman_movies/news/?a=54381

This comic book series will pick up 6 months after Clark Kent donned the cape and blue suit and saved the world from the invasion of Apokalips. THIS WILL NOT PICK UP SEVEN YEARS IN THE FUTURE WHERE THE SERIES ENDED! There will also be former friends and family members returning in this comic book series including Oliver Queen, Chloe Sullivan, Lex Luthor, General Sam Lane, and many others.

Now, the most important thing to remember here is that this will first be released as a DIGITAL SERIES, meaning it will be released online before it is released in print form. It will be released digitally starting April, 13, 2012, with new digital chapters released weekly. It will not be released in print form until May 16, 2012.

The series will be written by Bryan Q. Miller, print covers by fan-favorite Gary Frank (Superman: Brainiac, Superman Secret Origin), digital covers by Cat Staggs, and interior artwork by Pere Perez.

“New allies abound! New enemies afoot! And old friends return where they’re least expected! Pere and colorist Chris Beckett have done a fantastic job of capturing the look of the show and the players, and Gary and Cat are knocking it out of the park on covers. I couldn’t be more excited to help give seasoned viewers and new readers an all-access pass to Clark’s first year in the cape," enthuses Bryan Q. Miller.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:10 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Gary Frank cannot draw a decent face if it's not a Reeve rip-off, can he?
Dunno if I'd go that far. His work on Supergirl is pretty good. The vibe of that book (at least during his run) was in line with his kind of creepy, Vertigo'ish style. I've heard nothing but good things about his Hulk stuff and what I've seen looks okay. His Batman- Earth One thing looks like it might be alright. But there's something so pathetically wrong when he attempts to draw Superman.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:35 pm

Ya know, I'm really looking forward to this. Bryan Q. Miller wrote the Committed, Bulletproof, Hex, Echo, Warrior, Sacrifice, Luthor and Masquerade episodes of Smallville. He's obviously got a good understanding of the SV universe and Superman. I'm more than willing to give him a chance.

I like SV and have absolutely no problem with more stories set in that universe. If movies of some kind can't be adapted from it, this is the next best thing... and still a lot more than I ever expected.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:19 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Dunno if I'd go that far. His work on Supergirl is pretty good. The vibe of that book (at least during his run) was in line with his kind of creepy, Vertigo'ish style. I've heard nothing but good things about his Hulk stuff and what I've seen looks okay. His Batman- Earth One thing looks like it might be alright. But there's something so pathetically wrong when he attempts to draw Superman.

I was referring to Superman, specifically....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:58 am

Ya bqm was one of my fav writers from smallville. So I can't wait to read the stuff once its out. Now correct me if I am wrong is frank doing the art in the book, or is he just variant cover artist?
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:43 pm

KSite TV wrote:As posted first on our dedicated Smallville site, KryptonSite, the first story from the upcoming Smallville Season 11 comic book series has been revealed.

The first story will be called “Guardian” – continuing the one-word structure from the TV series – and it is written by Bryan Q. Miller.

DC’s Smallville comic will begin digitally in April followed by a comic book shop printed release on May 16.

Original URL- http://www.ksitetv.com/smallville/smallville-season-11-first-comic-title-guardian/11653

All of that sounds okay by me.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:58 pm

Nice title for chapter 1.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:04 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=54625

On The Direction That Smallville: Season 11 Will Take:

Season 11 is about all of our players transitioning into the next phases of their lives. Work, love, heroics and villainy all play a part in how they're settling into a very "Look! Up in the sky!" world. The season premiere, as all of ours historically have, sets up not only the plot-journey for the year, but what everyone's personal struggles will be. That isn't to say there will be tons of angst. There's only a bit of angst here and there. The goal is to make this as entertaining a read as possible, and Clark's at our center for that. He's how we'll process that information. He's Superman now. No more hiding in the shadows in a black trench coat or a red jacket. He gets to shake hands with the people he saves. He likes flying. He's transitioning from seeing his abilities as a burden to seeing them more as a job. And he loves his work.

Storytelling-wise, Season 11 episodes are -- bigger. Each episode is more like a mega-episode, or a TV movie that continues the "Smallville" saga. If you're going to buy a chapter each week, I'd like you to feel like you've gotten your money's worth by the time each mega-sode ends. If you're picking it up collected in print issues, you're going to get a substantial read every month.

On Whether We'll See Any Other DC Characters Turn Up:

Oh, sure. Big time. We'll get a slightly new twist on a pretty big Superman villain from the comics in the premiere (which runs the first 12 weekly chapters). After that, the second episode spends quite a bit of time introducing Superman to a very popular member of the DC family -- something tells me it will (hopefully) go over well. Beyond that, some returning allies and some new enemies, all around.

On What Differentiates This Comic Book Series To The Other Superman Books On The Stands:

It's in the title -- it's "Smallville." It's an ensemble piece with Clark Kent at its core. These are continuations of the characters roughly two million people a week, half a year each year, for a decade tuned in to see. If you're someone who stopped watching the show in the early years, come on back. They aren't in high school anymore. He's in the suit. Like, all over the place. You're going to get Superman action. You're going to get derring-do from Green Arrow. Lois and Clark are together -- and happy. So there's some romance there. And Chloe. And Chloe! Chloe Sullivan is here -- you won't find her anywhere else (as far as I know!).

On The Role Of Lois Lane In The Series:

Our dynamic duo are ships in the night. Lois' career is on the rise, thanks to her exclusive with the President during the Apokolips event (or "Contact" as the locals are calling it), and Clark's non-Daily Planet time is spent Supermanning. They're a couple in the big city who are trying to find time for one another as they get their "careers" started. Add to that that the general populace knows aliens exist. It doesn't spoil anything to say (as it's a page 1 reveal), that someone spotted alien slaves on the surface of Apokolips when it was in low orbit in the Finale. We're finally fine with super heroes patrolling our streets and skies, but xenophobia is now very real. The last thing Lois wants is anyone finding out Superman is from Krypton.

On The Role Of Lex Luthor In The Series:

Lex might not have memory of his life before the finale, but he still has his instincts and something tells him he can't trust Superman, regardless of how much good he's doing. He watched Superman push a planet out of our orbit -- which means there's someone among us with the power to push a planet out of orbit. That doesn't sit well with Lex. He sees Superman as a potential terrestrial threat, and is deeply entrenched in the xenophobia bandwagon brought on by Contact. Lex has transitioned Luthorcorp to Lexcorp, and he's doing everything in his power to help the world protect itself from threats beyond the stars.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:35 pm

Hot damn! I'll be there with bells on!

Is it just me or is it kind of ironic that the most traditionally-Superman comic we've gotten in YEARS is likely to come from the least traditionally-Superman media adaptation in the character's entire history?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:38 pm

Incidentally, thanks for posting that, Puncher. Just for that little stunt, I'm voting you up, sir. Extra points for you...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:50 pm

Nice info ap. Sounds great so can't wait for release.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:58 am

Fuggit, I'm doing another victory lap.

Smallville? It's over, it ended almost a year ago, but it STILL has stories left to tell. You've got goings on with Clark adjusting to his new public life, Lois and Clark actually being TOGETHER, Lois protecting the fact that Superman is an alien, general Year One Superman goodness, Lex's scheming and suspicions, all of it.

Meanwhile, Singerman is one and done because it has nowhere else to go that's in any way interesting.

I've seen a few Apologists remark that Singerman had spinoff comics too. (A) They were shit and (B) they were supposed to promote the movie, not continue it. Major difference.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:23 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=54625

On The Direction That Smallville: Season 11 Will Take:

Season 11 is about all of our players transitioning into the next phases of their lives. Work, love, heroics and villainy all play a part in how they're settling into a very "Look! Up in the sky!" world. The season premiere, as all of ours historically have, sets up not only the plot-journey for the year, but what everyone's personal struggles will be. That isn't to say there will be tons of angst. There's only a bit of angst here and there. The goal is to make this as entertaining a read as possible, and Clark's at our center for that. He's how we'll process that information. He's Superman now. No more hiding in the shadows in a black trench coat or a red jacket. He gets to shake hands with the people he saves. He likes flying. He's transitioning from seeing his abilities as a burden to seeing them more as a job. And he loves his work.

Storytelling-wise, Season 11 episodes are -- bigger. Each episode is more like a mega-episode, or a TV movie that continues the "Smallville" saga. If you're going to buy a chapter each week, I'd like you to feel like you've gotten your money's worth by the time each mega-sode ends. If you're picking it up collected in print issues, you're going to get a substantial read every month.

On Whether We'll See Any Other DC Characters Turn Up:

Oh, sure. Big time. We'll get a slightly new twist on a pretty big Superman villain from the comics in the premiere (which runs the first 12 weekly chapters). After that, the second episode spends quite a bit of time introducing Superman to a very popular member of the DC family -- something tells me it will (hopefully) go over well. Beyond that, some returning allies and some new enemies, all around.

On What Differentiates This Comic Book Series To The Other Superman Books On The Stands:

It's in the title -- it's "Smallville." It's an ensemble piece with Clark Kent at its core. These are continuations of the characters roughly two million people a week, half a year each year, for a decade tuned in to see. If you're someone who stopped watching the show in the early years, come on back. They aren't in high school anymore. He's in the suit. Like, all over the place. You're going to get Superman action. You're going to get derring-do from Green Arrow. Lois and Clark are together -- and happy. So there's some romance there. And Chloe. And Chloe! Chloe Sullivan is here -- you won't find her anywhere else (as far as I know!).

On The Role Of Lois Lane In The Series:

Our dynamic duo are ships in the night. Lois' career is on the rise, thanks to her exclusive with the President during the Apokolips event (or "Contact" as the locals are calling it), and Clark's non-Daily Planet time is spent Supermanning. They're a couple in the big city who are trying to find time for one another as they get their "careers" started. Add to that that the general populace knows aliens exist. It doesn't spoil anything to say (as it's a page 1 reveal), that someone spotted alien slaves on the surface of Apokolips when it was in low orbit in the Finale. We're finally fine with super heroes patrolling our streets and skies, but xenophobia is now very real. The last thing Lois wants is anyone finding out Superman is from Krypton.

On The Role Of Lex Luthor In The Series:

Lex might not have memory of his life before the finale, but he still has his instincts and something tells him he can't trust Superman, regardless of how much good he's doing. He watched Superman push a planet out of our orbit -- which means there's someone among us with the power to push a planet out of orbit. That doesn't sit well with Lex. He sees Superman as a potential terrestrial threat, and is deeply entrenched in the xenophobia bandwagon brought on by Contact. Lex has transitioned Luthorcorp to Lexcorp, and he's doing everything in his power to help the world protect itself from threats beyond the stars.
This is news any way you want to look at it. And yet, it's conspicuously absent from the Eunuch page. Hmm. Wonder why that is...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:02 pm

Smile, and homepage of course wants to bash sv as much as possible skipping the full news.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:45 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Incidentally, thanks for posting that, Puncher. Just for that little stunt, I'm voting you up, sir. Extra points for you...

I do what I can.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:53 pm

This fits in the Eunuch thread too, but it's on this topic. Here is what some of the last, sad, remaining Apologists have been saying.

This 'mo is ESPECIALLY pathetic:
http://fortressofsolitude.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=superman&action=display&thread=8&page=89

crazy_asian_man
Re: The SMALLVILLE Thread
« Reply #2209 on Feb 10, 2012, 1:18pm »

Very true...

In Angel's case--- (and Superman Returns) there were a lot of unresolved threads.... there was next to none in the Smallville finale.

If the writing were god-like throughout the entire run of 'Smallville' I could see people running in droves (well, a tad exaggeration, but...) to pick this up.

The ONLY thing that excites me about this book is the thin hope that if sales are through the roof, that DC is motivated enough to launch a comic book sequel to "Superman Returns"- with whatever scraps and ideas that Singer & company had for that.

As an aside: Was the John Byrne ALMOST comic book adaptation of Superman II to comics ever get discussed here?

Yeah. 'Smallville' ended a few months ago, and already has a comic series announced. Singerman flopped out of theaters almost SIX YEARS AGO, and nary a word since.

Yep, this guy ain't livin' in the world of Denial....

Metallo
Re: The SMALLVILLE Thread
« Reply #2210 on Feb 10, 2012, 1:27pm »

Superman Returns needs a comic book continuation more than Smallville. Hell I'd rather see the REEVE continuity continued in comic book form instead of Smallville.

If DC published their own "Superman V" so to speak that was based on the Salkinds production (The Cary Bates script?) I'd snap that up in a heartbeat. Or how about letting Tim Burton do his Batman 3 as a comic? We got Frank Millers Robocop so why not?

While we're at it lets see "The Flash Season 2: the comic." Any of these things have many more possibilities. Smallville still has a fresh fanbase of die hards who haven't moved on yet that DC hopes to capture. Thats why this book is happening.

Made me laugh. How about you?

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:29 am

I love that the Apologists are crying about this. That's right, assholes, eat it up. Smallville is continuing on and Singerman is long forgotten! Stay out of Superman fandom! Go back to your little fan fiction circle jerks because that's ALL you and your crew of hosers will EVER have! I love it! When I get a minute, I'm going to go through every last one of those posts and just savor their pain and humiliation. They brought it ALL on themselves. Fuck, I've got about half a mind to register a handle over there, do a couple of victory laps and generally troll the place, go out in a blaze of glory and get banned in fine style.

And something just occurred to me. Smallville's finale aired in May 2011. Generally speaking, new comics tend to get about a year lead time. Someone pitches the idea, it gets approved (and in this case probably has to go through a legal department or two for the proper clearances, which may or may not slow the process down), they find the talent to do the book, they approve the storylines, so on, so forth. It's about a year, give or take. Well. The first "episode" of season 11 comes out in April 2012.

It's pretty simple, guys. Do the math.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:11 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Fuck, I've got about half a mind to register a handle over there, do a couple of victory laps and generally troll the place, go out in a blaze of glory and get banned in fine style.
Decided to go for it. Used one of my bullshit mail accounts for the purpose.

Apologists need to be protected and coddled. They can't stand on the merits of their argument because if they tried, they'd get destroyed. And they know it. So they have to set up little safe havens where they can daydream about pleather-clad bartenders all day unmolested. Such is how they roll and this piece of shit web forum is no exception. You have to jump through all manner of retarded hoops to register and then your membership has to be approved by a mod. This is likely the same mod who will ban me when I finally get my (presumably shortlived) posting privileges.

I hereby call upon all of you who are interested to do likewise. Register an account and post over in their Smallville thread. Cause disruption. Confuse the poor widdle apowogists with the truth. Force the mods to take action to ban you. Go out in a blaze of glory. And while you're at it, read up on their FAQ and posting policies. Use their own rules against them. Even if the rules don't apply, waste the mods' time investigating them. Be a gadfly.

The goal isn't to change hearts and minds. The idea is troll the piss out of that thread until you get banned.

Go! Go win one for the Gipper!

EDIT- I registered an account under "thecolorsblend". The mods or other members there may very well know me or of me so they may not approve my membership, now that I think about it. But it can't be helped. I want them to know who I am and the fact that it's ME writing these gadfly posts. Using a different handle is only a last resort. And we're not there yet. So if you can, register under your same login name as over here.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:24 pm

Boy are they still in denial, sr flopped and flopped hard. Dc doesn't want anything to do with it. Where as sv was a long running show, rabid fanvbase, and did great in merch sales.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:35 pm

Just had a thought. What if the Smallville comic (season 16) ended at the same point in 2017 that the show did? In other words, the final pages are basically the same moment from the finale (Clark and Lois flirting on the stairs, play with the rings, bomb thing is announced to the newsroom, "tell the minister I'll be a few minutes late", Clark dashes to the roof and does the shirt rip)?

Part of me thinks that'd be kinda cool actually.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:57 pm

When ever it does end that would be a nice. Tie into final scene of the show.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:13 am

BQM on smallville season 11 superman:
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action