All Things 'Smallville'

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: All Things 'Smallville'

Post  thecolorsblend on Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:01 am

webhead2006 wrote:Season ten dvd/bluray set up for preorder on amazon, also release date is nov 26th:
http://www.amazon.com/Smallville-Complete-Season-Tom-Welling/dp/B003L77GG0

?Urggh dam crap poster for cover.
What exactly do you have a problem with?
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos on Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:55 am

thecolorsblend wrote:
webhead2006 wrote:Season ten dvd/bluray set up for preorder on amazon, also release date is nov 26th:
http://www.amazon.com/Smallville-Complete-Season-Tom-Welling/dp/B003L77GG0

?Urggh dam crap poster for cover.
What exactly do you have a problem with?

Could it be that the shadow looks like Singerman? BJ the Bartender photo-shopped to fit Welling? That would be my guess as to Web's complaint. Other than that though, not bad, but it is lacking color but that could also be intentional.
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 on Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:00 am

well i was hoping for something a little more then this simple solo welling photo. it should have been clark/lois and maybe darkseid on cover, or something a kin to the season 8 cover. Then plus ya the dam shadow of routh.
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:37 am

Season ten extras:
Unaired Scenes 10x02: SHIELD
10x03: SUPERGIRL
10x08: ABANDONED
10x13: BEACON
10x16: SCION
Commentaries 10x01: LAZARUS (Holly Henderson, Don Whitehead, Allison Mack & Cassidy Freeman)
10x18: DOMINION (Brian Peterson, Kelly Souders, Justin Hartley & Callum Blue)

Photo of back cover season ten set:
http://www.kryptonsite.com/s10dvdbackcover.htm
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:45 am

Seriously? They're not doing a commentary for Finale? I could give two fucks about deleted scenes. I'll never understand the fascination people have with them. I'd sacrifice every deleted scene in SV's history for commentary on Finale.
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:49 am

Well some times I do like deleted scenes if they are finished scenes and/or. A scene we heard about but got cut for what ever reason. I agree the finale, homecoming should have been commentaries episodes.
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:20 am

webhead2006 wrote:Well some times I do like deleted scenes if they are finished scenes and/or. A scene we heard about but got cut for what ever reason.
Scenes usually get cut for a reason. They contributed jackshit to the story, they were simply poorly written, they were poorly acted, tons of reasons. For TV, they often get cut for time.

In the end, they matter not at all to what ended up onscreen.

Meanwhile, commentaries usually *DO* contribute something but they often get overlooked John Dumbass Fanboy has a boner for a bunch of unfinished, unnecessary, pointless bullshit scenes.

Fucking ridiculous.

I agree the finale, homecoming should have been commentaries episodes.
I could see some good commentary coming out of Lazarus, esp given that line up.

But who in the hell cares about Dominion apart from Justin Hartley? I mean, yeah, I guess it was an okay episode but FINALE FREAKIN BEGS FOR A COMMENTARY!

I'm usually not disgusted with SV DVD's, I usually try to give them (and the show itself) the benefit of every possible doubt but this is a MAJOR oversight.
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 on Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:25 am

Erica is going to guest star in charlie's angels(wonder who else from sv might drop by):
http://tv.ign.com/articles/118/1187574p1.html

and smallville's justin hartley will guest star in a 5th season episode of chuck:
http://www.tvline.com/2011/08/chuck-jeff-fahey-justin-hartley/
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:09 am

^ Those have "jack" and "shit" to do with SV. We have an off-topic section (which is what those are). Use it.
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 on Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:42 pm

webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:21 pm

To this day, it breaks my heart that we'll probably never see the season 09 SDCC presentation in DVD (or whatever home video) quality. I only watched the season 10 presentation a few times but overall wasn't too impressed with it. But the season 09 presentation? AWESOME SAUCE!!

And yet, the season 10 presentation will be officially released while the far superior season 09 presentation languishes in obscurity.

Sad.
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:17 am

Don't know if this "double rainbow guy" equivalent of the SV finale has ever been posted here. Too lazy to check. So...

thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce on Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:22 pm

Now that the show is over, perhaps the guy that posted that youtube video can find a girlfriend and find out what real Ecstasy can be...Naw, what was I thinking.....

Wonder what his views are on trunks or no trunks...

Rduce

User Reputation : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 on Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:54 pm

Ksite has posted the results of there final yrly awards thing they did for smallville. Check out the results:
http://www.kryptonsite.com/awards-2011.htm
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos on Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:47 am

Check this out:

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2011/08/10_incredibly_stupid_things_smallville_gave_us_ins.php?utm_source=scribol&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=scribol

Don't be misled by the name of the site. This is indeed a Smallville article. I won't copy & paste it because it has Youtube segments throughout the article & I don't feel like wrestling with all of that. See if you agree with any of the ideas posted here. At #10 is Amy Adams eating a deer.
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:08 am

Wow, so Neal Bailey has found another pen name...
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 on Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:45 am

Well today is the start of weekday reruns on tnt at noon. I was hoping they were to start from pilot and on. But they are starting with season 8 premire.
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 on Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:57 pm

Smallville Season Ten Featurettes:

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/120/1200554p1.html
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 on Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:13 am

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/11/11/tom-welling-five-smallville-co-stars-who-taught-me-most/#/0
Tom Welling: Five ‘Smallville’ co-stars who taught me most
Nov. 11, 2011 | 9:12 a.m.

Welling said veteran actor John Glover was a key influence. "As an actor, there's really nothing I can say that hasn't already been said. The way he was able to come in with Lionel Luthor -- who was, literally, not supposed to stay around long -- and create so much, it was amazing. Whenever I was going to work with him, it really got me going. I knew it was always going to be interesting and great. I learned a great deal from him. He does a lot of homework before he gets to the set." (Jack Rowand/The CW)

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/11/11/tom-welling-five-smallville-co-stars-who-taught-me-most/luthor-8/

The complicated on-screen relationship between Lex Luthor and Clark Kent spilled over to the set. "Michael Rosenbaum playing Lex was huge," Welling says. "A fan favorite in every way, of course. He taught me a lot about what to do but he also taught me a lot about what not to do. He's such a dynamic actor and has these great comedic sensibilities. He's a very different person than his character and his ability to jump in and out -- literally at the snap of a finger -- amazed me. It taught me that I don't work that way and it did it in a good way. I learned about what I needed to do." (Jack Rowand/The CW)

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/11/11/tom-welling-five-smallville-co-stars-who-taught-me-most/finale-12/

Annette O'Toole and John Schneider played Martha and Jonathan Kent, the adoptive parents of the last son of Krypton -- and on the set they were also key figures for Welling as he learned to handle fame, stress and craft challenges. "Jonathan and Martha Kent were huge, not as an influence only on Clark's life but on the set and being mentors to me and being someone for me to learn from." (Jack Rowand/The CW; The WB)

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/11/11/tom-welling-five-smallville-co-stars-who-taught-me-most/ks-ca-1011-smallville-2/

In 2003, Christopher Reeve, the man who starred as Superman on the silver screen, created a ratings sensation when he appeared on "Smallville." Welling still gets emotional when he reflects on the encounter with the star, who had been paralyzed in a horse-riding accident. "At the top of the list is Christopher who came on the show as the Dr. Swann character. Beyond the show, it was such a phenomenal experience for me and for all of us. I'll never forget that." Reeve died in 2004. (Ken Regan/The WB)

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/11/11/tom-welling-five-smallville-co-stars-who-taught-me-most/ks-ca-0127-smallville-2/

In May, after 10 seasons, Tom Welling said goodbye to “Smallville” (and Metropolis) but loyal fans can revisit the world of Clark Kent, his friends, foes and lovers with the massive new collector’s DVD set that hits stores on Nov. 29. And we do mean massive — the super-sized collection costs $340 but has all 218 episodes and more than five hours of special features, all spread out over 62 discs. That’s right, 62 discs.

For Welling, now 34, the decade as the Man of Steel has defined his career and adult life.

“Even in the early days of the show, I approached it like I was in school and I was always going to be learning,” Welling said. “Luckily, we got people through the door who were creative and highly talented and the environment on the set was always very collective and open and warm. And I learned a lot, more than I can even say, really.”

We asked Welling to name the co-stars who taught him the most and he came up with five names right away. His answer are above in the photo gallery, be sure to click “CAPTIONS ON.”

– Geoff Boucher
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 on Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:03 pm

Last edited by webhead2006 on Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : when i am on cell some times during day i cant post the whole article with copy/paste on my cell.)
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:40 pm

Since posting some of the article is such a challenge...

Bleeding Cool wrote:Bryan Q Miller To Launch Smallville Season Eleven As A Novel

Smallville Season Ten ended as it always should have done. Clark Kent ripping the glasses from his face, pulling at his shirt, about to take flight from the top of the Daily PLanet. And that was that – aside from a bedtime story from Chloe to her son.

What happened next… well that wouldn’t be part of Smallville would it?

Or would it?

I understand that story editor and writer for the series, Bryan Q Miller, also recently of Batgirl until the DC Relaunch, is to write a new novel, tellling the story of what happened to the Smallville cast after the end of the TV series, in continuity. A Smallville Season Eleven, if you will. With Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season Eight and Nine doing so well in comic book form, this seems a rather natural move.

Whether there will be more novels, who else will write them, and whether or not they will appear in comic book form as well, I guess we’ll wait until the official announcement to find out.
URL- http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/12/05/bryan-q-miller-to-launch-smallville-season-eleven-as-a-novel

Allz I can tell you is that I'll be there with bells on. I mean, yeah, part of me thinks the thing would be better served as a comic book. And that may even be true. But the other part of me doesn't really trust DC to handle this properly. At least as a comic. Odds are they'd treat it as just another fucking tie-in, assign it to some hackjob shit artist, promote it poorly, etc.

And this all assumes they'd be willing to publish anything that might detract from DCnU... which I'm not convinced they would. They're already on the line for the Earth One stuff but that's been DiDio's baby for years now. They're committed to that. But a tie-in for a defunct TV show? I just can't picture that going too well.
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:40 pm

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2012/02/09/announcing-smallville-season-11/

DCU Blog wrote:Smallville Fans Rejoice! New Comic Book Series, SMALLVILLE SEASON 11, to Pick Up Where Show Left Off

Fans of the smash-hit TV series Smallville haven’t had much to cheer about since the show ended its critically acclaimed 10-year run on The CW last May. That’s all going to change with the upcoming new comic book series from DC Entertainment: SMALLVILLE SEASON 11. Written by former Smallville show scribe Bryan Q. Miller, the new digital first series will be published digitally on April 13, 2012, with new digital chapters released weekly thereafter. Additionally, the online chapters will be offered in a print periodical, along with an episode guide to the hit television series, with the first print issue released on May 16.

The new comic book series picks-up where the show left off (with Clark officially now as Superman!) and features other fan-favorite characters including Oliver Queen/Green Arrow, Chloe Sullivan-Queen, Lois Lane, Lex Luthor, and General Lane. The book features an all-star creative team – in addition to Miller, SMALLVILLE SEASON 11 creators include print cover artist Gary Frank (SUPERMAN SECRET ORIGIN), digital cover artist Cat Staggs and interiors by Pere Perez (BATGIRL).

“Six months after Clark Kent donned the cape and took to the skies to save Earth from Apokolips… enter Season 11!” enthuses Miller. “New allies abound! New enemies afoot! And old friends return where they’re least expected! Pere and colorist Chris Beckett have done a fantastic job of capturing the look of the show and the players, and Gary and Cat are knocking it out of the park on covers. I couldn’t be more excited to help give seasoned viewers and new readers an all-access pass to Clark’s first year in the cape.”

Can't! Freaking! Wait!

And just to rub salt in the wound... I don't see a spinoff comic book for the Singerman franchise anywhere around, do you?

About the only real gripe I have with this is that it looks like Superman will wear an outfit based somewhat on The New 52 version. WHY?!?! The show made it pretty clear that he was wearing trunks. Oh well, at least the S-emblem on the cape is unavoidable.
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 on Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:00 pm

Just read the news myself. I too can't wait to read it. I am a little disapointed it looks like it will mostly be digital only. And ya what's up with suit show showed us he had trunks, come on there is still other dc stuff like young justice, jl doom and old books that sports the trunks. So they better be there.
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:03 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Just read the news myself. I too can't wait to read it. I am a little disapointed it looks like it will mostly be digital only. And ya what's up with suit show showed us he had trunks, come on there is still other dc stuff like young justice, jl doom and old books that sports the trunks. So they better be there.
The original fucking source wrote:The new digital first series will be published digitally on April 13, 2012, with new digital chapters released weekly thereafter. Additionally, the online chapters will be offered in a print periodical, along with an episode guide to the hit television series, with the first print issue released on May 16.
What about that makes you think it will be "mostly digital only"???
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 on Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:07 pm

Oops missed that line my mistake man.
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down