The CANCELLED Avengers Cartoon

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The CANCELLED Avengers Cartoon

Post  Apologist Puncher on Wed May 02, 2012 9:15 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/marveltv/news/?a=58063

UPDATED Rumor: Marvel cancelling Avengers Earth Mightiest Heroes in favor a new show inline with Ultimate Spider-man
UPDATED: Rumor has it that Jeph Loeb, the newly appointed head of Marvel Animation is cancelling the successful Avengers Earth Mightiest Heroes Tv series in favor of a new one.

strugler - 4/17/2012

Fans of the successful ongoing Avengers: Earth Mightiest Heroes TV Series are about to be disappointed. As my sources have confirmed to me, Jeph Loeb, the head of Marvel Animation studios, has cancelled the currently successful series in favor of a new Avengers Cartoon that will be produced by Marvel's newly acquired studio (MAS) and will be inline with and in the same universe as the currently airing Ultimate Spider-man cartoon.

My sources have also added that not to expect an official announcement until the fall, as Marvel does not want ratings to drop for the second season of Avengers Earth Mightiest Heroes which has just started on April 1st and is being met with a tremendous positive response.

Apparently, the initial plan of the new Avengers show consist of only self contained, standalone, episodes as opposed to story arcs, as Loeb has made it very clear that he dislikes TV show stories to run across several episodes. The new Show will be on air by Fall 2013.

The Avengers Earth Mightiest heroes is currently one of the most successful series on Disney XD, and was met with very positive response from fans of all ages. Unfortunately, much like the great Spectacular Spider-man series, the show will be cancelled in favor of a new cartoon that seems to be addressed to younger children like the currently, not so positively met, Ultimate Spider-man.

More insider news regarding Ultimate spider-man will follow in the next few days. Stay tuned on my Marveltv blog on comicbookmovie.com

Update:

I found the following Jeph Loeb qoutes from 2 interviews regarding a 3rd season for Avengers EMH:

SUPERHERO TOONIVERSE: The animated AVENGERS is finished, right? There’s no season three currently in production.

JEPH LOEB: I can only tell you that we’re committed to The Avengers universe and that’s as far as I can go.

A second interview from Toonzone had the below quote:

TOONZONE NEWS: In light how The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes started development before the Disney acquisition some years back and it was animated by another studio, will this be the final season of the show and will a new animated series be made instead?

JEPH LOEB: We have big plans for The Avengers.

TOONZONE NEWS: So do you think the show will get a third season?

JEPH LOEB: I can just tell you we have big plans for The Avengers and that's all I can tell you right now.

Both the above quotes makes it clear that Marvel is committed to the Avengers franchise on TV but not avengers earth Mightiest heroes. Which is in line with our sources, as there will be avengers on TV but not Avengers Earth Mightiest Heroes.

UPDATE 2:

I have also contacted both Joshua Fine and Chris Yost, writers and producers of Avengers Earth Mightiest heroes, and both confirmed to us that they have not heard anything about a 3rd season.

Me: Any chances avengers EMH would get a 3rd season?

Joshua Fine: I can't really answer that question as I don't know what conversations have happened there, in the year since I left Marvel.

Chris Yost: i am not involved in such decisions. i just write.

Update 4:

I found the below comment from Jeph Loeb to www.collider.com where Jeph basically confirms that Ultimate spider-man will not have over reaching arcs like Avengers and that was his decision:

LOEB: That’s certainly something that we’re talking about. Earth’s Mightiest Heroes has a tremendous following. One of the things that’s very unique about that show is that it was at a time prior to my coming in. It is a very serialized show, and there are a lot of characters. What we wanted to do with Spider-Man, and going forward, was to tell stories that are individualized. Obviously, we want everybody to watch the show every week, but we also know that people’s time is often taken. So, DVR the show, but if you’re not going to do that, the idea is that you will be able to catch up. I don’t ever want anybody to sit down on Sunday mornings at 11 o’clock and suddenly feel like, “Well, I lost the last three episodes, so I don’t really know what’s going on.” The only thing that is a two-parter is the pilot, which will actually be shown in its entirety on Sunday, April 1st.

It is also interesting to note that the second half of Avengers EMH season 2 will have only self contained episodes, since Jeph took control over marvel animation when only 13 episodes of season 2 we made, hence the second half of the season (the part under his helm) will contain only stand alone episodes.

Admin
Admin

User Reputation : 548

http://supermanfilmwatchdog.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 on Wed May 02, 2012 9:50 pm

I saw that news earlier, and the deal is cbm is taking various interviews loeb did weeks back before season started up. Now sure I would be a bit pissed if emh ending. But when they ordered it they did order 52 episodes. Which they will have in total. So they would complete order. I would like to see it continue. But still they haven't fully said/comme out with press release that it is over. I seen others at different board freaking on this. Plus the chance they may do a avengers show in line of usm show, but its far to early to know if that be case I think. And if a new show is coming it still likely be at least a yr/yr and a half away. Since they would have to hire producers, writers, and get things planed out, and then animated.. so I wouldn't get so bent up on direction of a new show to we have more solid facts. But for emh I would like to see it keep going. But if production/crew had wrapped and moved on already then ya its probably done and gone.
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Fri May 04, 2012 8:11 pm

I have a feeling that this ties into the 'Avengers' movie success.

They see that people are going nuts over numerous film characters crossing over for the first time ever, so they think they need to be able to do this with their cartoons too. Unfortunately for Marvel, WB already did it back in the late 90's:

So it isn't going to have quite the same affect, is it?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 on Sun May 06, 2012 12:35 pm

Avengers new episode today was interesting. I don't know much on guardians of the galaxy bunch. But they were a cool addition in the show. The plot of the kree expirements ona poor human and him changing to be a threat for all was cool. We got to see ms marvel in action again too which was nice. Overall a good episode.
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 on Thu May 10, 2012 6:45 pm

Joshua fine talks avengers-emh:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/marveltv/news/?a=59526
Exclusive Interview with Joshua Fine, Supervisor producer of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes

I got the chance,and the pleasure,to Chat with Avengers EMH supervisor producer,the talented Joshua Fine. Check out this exclusive interview where we talk about the past and current season as well as the show's cancellation rumor. strugler - 5/10/2012

I got the chance, and the pleasure, to Chat with Avengers EMH supervisor producer, the talented Joshua Fine. Check out this exclusive interview where we talk about the past and current season as well as the show's cancellation rumor:

1- First of all, Josh, i would like to thank you for this great opportunity, as it is an honor to be talking to one of the main guys who brought us, the excellent, avengers EMH TV series. Let us start about ahat was your job in the series?

I was the Supervising Producer of The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes. That means that I was responsible for shepherding the production from its inception to its conclusion and overseeing all of the creative aspects of the show, from the writing, to the design, to storyboarding, voice acting, editing, sound design, visual fx, and more. I had a host of talented folks working under me, people like Story Editor Chris Yost and Supervising Directors Ciro Nieli and Frank Paur, and they had lots of talented folks working for them. Producing an animated series is a big, team effort, but I was sort of the guy with the broadest view of everything that was happening—trying to tie the whole thing together into one vision.

2- The fans seem to be very happy how the show was handled and where its going on its second season. Were you expecting the general audience to love avengers EMH ?

You’re never completely sure how people are going to react before they’ve seen it, but going in, I did have a lot of confidence in the direction we were going. And the further along in the story we got, the more excited I was to get the series out there for people to see—mostly because I was enjoying it so much as a fan, and I had a strong feeling that other fans would feel the same!

3- The first season ended with a bang and the second seems to be getting bigger, with next week's episode tacking the "who do you trust?" aspect, what can we expect from the rest of the season?

We tackled a bunch of big stories in Season 1, things like Breakout, Gamma World, the Kang Saga, the Ultron storyline, and of course the Asgard finale. Topping all of that wasn’t going to be easy, but Chris and I came up with a plan to go even bigger in Season 2. What you’re seeing right now, as we’re coming up on the seventh episode, is that we’ve put the main storyline on a slow build-up. While having the chance to tell a combination of smaller and bigger one-shot stories, with some really fun guest appearances, we’re keeping some big story threads on a low boil. What you’re going to see in ‘Who Do You Trust’ is everything starting to come to a rapid boil.

4- A big difference between the show and the comics is Captainamerica's status. In the comics he is the avengers leader, while in the show Tony is the boss, will that change over the course of the second season ?

Even in the comics, the Avengers didn’t have a clear-cut leader right away. They went through a series of rotating chairmanships between the founding members. Very similar to what we have in the series, when Cap got thawed out, he found himself a man out-of-time, trying to cope with what it meant to exist in a completely different era. As the series has gone on, we’ve seen some of Cap’s natural leadership start to come through. He’s gotten to know his teammates and his surroundings a bit better. He’s growing more comfortable in this world he’s found himself in, and as that happens, his influence over the rest of the team definitely starts to expand. There’s been a little hitch in his life though, the minor fact that he’s been abducted and replaced by a shape-shifting alien. So fasten your seatbelt, I’m not about to give away what happens next!

5- The current second season, dubbed the cosmic season, is introducing many of Marvel's big characters. Can we expect the world eating Galactus and his herald the Silver Surfer to appear this season, since thet are the Cosmic Marvel icons ?

If you know everything that’s going to happen, watching won’t be half as fun! You’ll just have to watch and find out.

6- an upcoming episode of the second season is titled "along came a spider" and will feature the fan favorite spider-man. what can you tell us about this version of Spidey? Is it more in line with the cancelled Spectacular spider-man or is it something new? Also what about the rumor that Josh Keaton is voicing the webhead ?

As with the way we’ve handled the Avengers and most of the other guest characters in the show, our approach to Spidey is pretty classic. As for rumors… well, I don’t really comment on rumors. You’ll just have to see for yourself when we get there!

7- Through a published screenshot (seen below) we know that Wolverine will have a cameo this season? but What about the X-men (cyclops, storm etc...) will they be featured in any episode?

Yyyy…nnnn….maybe.

8- In the "alone against AIM" Maria Hill was constantly talking about the super hero registration Act, which of course mean the civil war for those who follow the marvel comics. Now is the Civil War story arc part of this season, or is something that you were hoping to start in the 3rd season (if there is one)

Civil War is a huge storyline, and not something that we could have fit into this season with everything else that’s going on (and not something that we were ready to fit in, in any event.) This is one of those places where we were planting seeds for the future (as we did with the Kree and Skrulls in season 1.) There are a ton of pieces to set up before we could ever get to a Civil War type story, and have it be both logically motivated and satisfying.

9- Half through the second season, Jeph Loeb took over the show reign while Man of action took over the writing job. Were you still involved through the second half of the season and to what extent ?

I remained the Supervising Producer through all of scripting, pre-production, and the first half of post-production. The episodes weren’t all animated in chronological order, so I was there for the entirety of the first 13 episodes of the season and for a few scattered episodes towards the end of the season. I was there for everything except post-production for the rest of the episodes (about 8 of them.)

When Chris Yost and I started developing the first season of the show, we came up with a detailed plan for Season 1 and a rough idea of where we would go in future seasons—creating a bible for the show that set up a road map of where the adventures of the Avengers would take them. We stayed pretty true to that plan throughout season 1, though not slavishly. At the beginning of Season 2 we did something similar. We sat down and hashed out a detailed roadmap of what we wanted to do in the season, what the characters were going to go through and how they were going to change. And we came up with some rough ideas of where we’d end up and what we could do if we got future seasons. Chris went ahead and created a “mini-bible” for the season that really organized these thoughts in one place.

Everyone was onboard with our plan for Season 2 and we set out to make it happen. We got a little past halfway through scripting the season when a few things happened at once. The first was that both writing and production were starting to slip a bit behind schedule (not abnormal for a show of this scope, but not desirable all the same), the second was that Chris was offered a tremendous opportunity to join the Marvel writer’s program for the feature film division, and we started exploring ways to transition him off the series to free him up. The above two things caused a period of increased scrutiny on the show and the feeling arose that the storytelling was leaning a bit too much in the serial direction—that it might be growing too hard to follow for anyone who hadn’t seen the first 39 episodes—and that the focus was drifting too much from the big 4 Avengers (Iron Man, Cap, Thor, and Hulk.)

Jeph Loeb, who had recently joined as head of TV for us suggested bringing in Man of Action to help solve a bunch of these issues. The MoA guys came in for a bunch of really productive story meetings and helped get us back on schedule by taking on a bunch of the writing work load. Chris and I remained involved in the planning process, but credit really goes to Jeph and MoA for crafting the new road map for those 13 episodes and for bringing renewed focus to the big 4 in more one-and-done style stories. Within that new plan, Chris spared time to pen a few more scripts for us and I supervised production throughout. We tried to make any shift as invisible as possible, so hopefully—if things worked out—long time fans won’t notice any difference at all.

10- How would you describe the difference between the first half of the season, before Man of Action getting involved, and the second half ? Would we feel a change in the series tone ?

Hopefully not, though the approach to the stories is a bit different. In the first half of the season we get a pretty huge build op of one big story, where the back half is broken up a lot more into smaller, more bite-sized plots.

11- Rumors are floating that the Avengers EMH will not be renewed for a third season and another new Avengers cartoon will take over. Have you heard anything about that? And are there any news regarding a third season ?

I’ve only seen the same articles and interviews that most fans have seen, but I haven’t really heard anything other than that. The likelihood of the show getting a third season seemed pretty slim even back when I was still working on the show, so it doesn’t come as much of a surprise. But there’s still a lot of Season 2 to go, and several more twists and turns for fans to enjoy before the finale.

12- If there was a 3rd season and you would be involved, where would like to take the show next ?

As part of the road map that Chris and I came up with, back when we were developing the first two seasons, I envisioned season 2 as being our cosmic season and season 3 being a heavily “magic” themed season. This helped us choose where and when to do certain guest-stars and cameos, and how to tie some of the story threads together.

13- What are the current projects you are working on, and ca we expect to see you tackle more marvel characters in the future ?

I’m currently mostly focused on developing some original material (something fun that I haven’t had a chance to do in a long time.) As far as working with the Marvel characters however, I did recently write the script for an Avengers 4D attraction that recently opened at Madame Tussaud’s in NYC. It’s a pretty engrossing, action-packed short movie. I haven’t had a chance to visit and see it in the theatre yet with all of the 4D effects going, but I hope to this summer. Anyone in the area should definitely check it out if they get the chance!

14- Ok, last question, i promise, during last sunday's episode, were introduced to the Soul Gem (which is one of the many Inifinty Gems) Will we get an adaptation of the amazing Infinity Gauntlet Saga during this season? And will Thanos be featured in the Avengers EMH ?

Mwahaha, you just want me to leak tons of spoilers, don’t you? You’ll have to watch and find out for that one, though I will say [SPOILERS FOR ANYONE WHO HASN’T SEEN THE AVENGERS FILM] that one way or another, I think we can look forward to seeing that storyline brought to life!
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 on Sun May 20, 2012 1:31 pm

For avengers emh. It was a pretty great thor solo episode. It was nice to see more on thor with his struggles for missing jane and midgard. Along with helping asgard and stop sutur. We got some nice character growths with thor and sif in the episode. Also we got to see the intro of beta ray bill. Which was handled pretty well. I don't know much on him. But I thought how they used him was good. And seeing him weild thor hammer and getting his own in the end. Another solid episode for avengers emh.
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:39 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/animated_features/news/?a=60850

Marvel Dubs Josh Keaton's Animated AVENGERS: EMH Spider-Man Stint With Drake Bell
Josh Keaton's role as Spider-Man in upcoming The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes episodes has been dubbed over by Drake Bell, who voices the character in Ultimate Spider-Man.

Through Facebook, The Spectacular Spider-Man's Josh Keaton confirmed that we has recorded episodes of The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes slated to debut later this year on Disney XD, including the upcoming "Along Came A Spider." However, international airing of "Along Came A Spider" disappointingly reveal that his work has been dubbed over by Ultimate Spider-Man's Drake Bell. Bell plays Spider-Man in the latest Spidey cartoon. Keaton confirmed as such, this earlier this weekend, as seen in the image below.

To sum it up, Josh Keaton, who played Spider-Man on The Spectacular Spider-Man, reprised the role for The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and has actually recorded multiple appearances for upcoming episodes. But all of those appearances were redubbed with voice work from Ultimate Spider-Man's Drake Bell, coordinated by executives at Marvel Television. Suffice it to say, fans are outraged about the changed and are hoping to find ways to get this fixed.

For more details, check out the The Spectacular Spider-Man Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/174295922428/
Source: The Spectacular Spider-Man Facebook Page

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 on Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:03 pm

I caught the news myself earlier in day that is such a load of crap. I really like to know what happened there. On side note I would love to hear josh work. But even as bad as it was I saw the spiderman episode on yt earlier and I didn't think bell was to bad. But would been delight to see josh again when I belive betty/robbie, and some other voice actor from ssm was used in episode. So why leave those voices in tact but crap over spidey.
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 on Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:21 pm

Josh keaton comments on the redubbing issue:
http://joshkeaton.tumblr.com/post/24347366798/some-thoughts-on-that-whole-avengers-emh-dubbing-thing
Some thoughts on that whole Avengers: EMH dubbing thing

A couple of things. First of all, the outpouring of love and support from Spider-Man fans this weekend has been…well I’m not gonna lie, it’s been awesome and I love you all.

With all that love, however, comes the great responsibility of reminding everyone to chill out a bit.

Was I saddened as not only a previous Spidey but as a huge fan of the source material to no longer be included in what would be a great finale to another great show that many talented people have worked so hard on? Particularly one where *SPOILERS* shows up and *SPOILERS* happens? Of course. It’s a huge bummer, letdown, etc. But the fact is, this is business and it happens all the time!

A couple of juicy tidbits: I was also the original voice for Gary in “Team America” but the producers decided after hearing everything back that they would do all the voices themselves (aside from the irreplaceable Daran Norris as Spottswoode). Even in Disney’s Hercules, I originally did all of the singing in the film. Recorded with the orchestra and everything. The verdict? My voice was too “pop” instead of the musical theater-y sound of Disney songs at the time, not to mention I was going through a voice change and couldn’t hit the 5 minute sustained note at the end of the song for longer than 4 minutes, so they brought in Roger Bart to do the singing. Again, bummer? For me, sure. But such is par for the course in this industry and if I took it personally every time something didn’t go my way I would be butthurt dweller (knowyourmeme.com if you don’t know your meme).

And don’t jump all over Drake for this, it had nothing to with him. He’s an actor doing a job and collecting a paycheck just like me. As someone who faced my own share of disapproval early on from CDB fans I know that it can be tough to be the new guy. He’s out there doing his thing and I respect that. And no I won’t punch him.

At the end of the day, I can look back and say that I got to play the coolest damn superhero ever in a show that was so good that it not being around makes people a little bit insane. I’m totally cool with that.
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:19 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/marveltv/news/?a=61109

It's Official, AVENGERS EMH Cancelled,Will Be Replaced By A New Show In 2013
Marvel Press confirms that Avengers EMH will not be renewed for a third season, instead a new show titled Avengers Assemble will air in 2013

Marvel Press confirms that Avengers EMH will not be renewed for a third season, instead a new show titled Avengers Assemble will air in 2013.

From Marvel TV News: " " The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" won't be renewed for the 3rd Season. Marvel Animation will present their newly developed series "Marvel's Avengers Assemble" in 2013."

The Press also contained the below Promo image of the upcoming Show:

The roster seems to be the movie roster plus the Falcon (Who is rumored to be part of Captain America movie sequel). The art, however, is very reminiscent of the currently running Avengers Assemble comics mini series"

More info at the source.

What do you folks think ?
Source: Marvel TV News

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:00 am

It is disapointing emh is over. As for new show I hope it turns out alright. But we will have to see who writers the show and more stuff on it.
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:28 pm

I find this to be Deja-Vu except it involves the Avengers this time! Remember they cancel "The Spectacular Spider-Man" (Which in fact was the best Spider-Man series ever) just after two seasons and then have it replace with another series ("Ultimate Spider-Man") thats already generating heat and now another one of Marvel's animated greats ("The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes") is being canceled and being replace with another one ("Avengers Assemble") probably with similar results!

Whatever it is Marvel is smoking should definitly lay off from it, and fast!!!
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:57 pm

Tssm and avengers are two totally different situations.
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:00 am

webhead2006 wrote:Tssm and avengers are two totally different situations.
In what way?
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top