Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geoff Johns And Jim Lee Promise "ShitBomb Announcements" For "Superman" At DC

+4
superman1938
webhead2006
thecolorsblend
Apologist Puncher
8 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Geoff Johns And Jim Lee Promise "ShitBomb Announcements" For "Superman" At DC - Page 9 Empty Re: Geoff Johns And Jim Lee Promise "ShitBomb Announcements" For "Superman" At DC

Post  Rduce Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:55 am

I fail to understand why it is necessary to make Superman’s costume look as though he is wearing some sort of armor. So much for the mythos that it was originally his blankets that brought him from home, Yea, that has been gone for a while now, I know. Plus, the red belt alone does not break up the transition from upper to lower well enough and it looks horrible and don’t get me started on the Nehru jacket collar.

They just keep chipping away a little here and a little there and soon there will be nothing left, except this sterilized version of the character that I once cared for. Perhaps it is time to let go and walk away; Pulitzer Award winning journalist Lois Lane was right, the world doesn’t really need Superman…

Rduce

User Reputation : -17

Back to top Go down

Geoff Johns And Jim Lee Promise "ShitBomb Announcements" For "Superman" At DC - Page 9 Empty Re: Geoff Johns And Jim Lee Promise "ShitBomb Announcements" For "Superman" At DC

Post  webhead2006 Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:02 pm

I too think alot of the new dcnu stuff is stupid. But as we seen in past it could always change back or are phased out totally. Only thing I can see armor being needed for a time is maybe this supes is less invul like early supes was.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:47 pm

webhead2006 wrote:I too think alot of the new dcnu stuff is stupid. But as we seen in past it could always change back or are phased out totally. Only thing I can see armor being needed for a time is maybe this supes is less invul like early supes was.

Then he really isn't really Superman is he. He's a hybrid wannabee and he isn't my Superman!

Rduce

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:56 pm

ya i know whats the deal right, but maybe like how it was in the early days to when powers became more set at where they been pretty much past few decades it could happen here in the new dcnu. With we know action comics being set in the past for a bit, with superman being a few yrs later. But ya i still see no need for dam armor urrggh.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:16 pm

webhead2006 wrote:ya i know whats the deal right, but maybe like how it was in the early days to when powers became more set at where they been pretty much past few decades it could happen here in the new dcnu. With we know action comics being set in the past for a bit, with superman being a few yrs later. But ya i still see no need for dam armor urrggh.

Geoff Johns And Jim Lee Promise "ShitBomb Announcements" For "Superman" At DC - Page 9 A9f7161e-3bef-46f8-8a33-0aa33572312c
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:32 pm

webhead2006 wrote:A panel page from last action comics before dcnu(spoilers):
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/08/24/superman-citizenship-question-revisited-in-final-action-comics-spoilers/
Spoiler:

Geoff Johns And Jim Lee Promise "ShitBomb Announcements" For "Superman" At DC - Page 9 Google-search-epic-fail
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:37 pm

Ya more crap from dc. Heck I saw on bleeding cool today pretty all the dc books ending this week where doing shit like this or in some was forshadowing the changes to reality.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:34 pm

Here's some more good news for you going to pay for what's coming:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/08/26/a-look-at-the-script-to-flashpoint-5/

Excerpt:

And I think it does that. Nothing is left unsaid, characters’ arc’s come to natural conclusions, even if their final fates are left up in the air. Talking of which, Superman fans will have a fit. But Flash fans will find it fitting that another massive change in DC will come about thanks to the Flash…

Geoff Johns And Jim Lee Promise "ShitBomb Announcements" For "Superman" At DC - Page 9 Baby-shocked-face-03-copy
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:59 pm

Action Comics #1

Geoff Johns And Jim Lee Promise "ShitBomb Announcements" For "Superman" At DC - Page 9 Action1-pg2
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:55 pm

This is just wrong on so many levels. What is the point of the cape or the t-shirt if the rest of him looks like he belongs in a WWII U-Boat?

Rduce

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:15 pm

Newsarama wrote:Fresh start
The first thing to know is that anything you've ever read or seen about DC characters doesn't necessarily apply anymore. Nothing from the movies, animated series, TV shows or even comics.

For example, you might think you know what happened when Superman came to Metropolis.

No... you don't.

The past of the characters that exist in the DC Universe — from Wonder Woman to Supergirl to Batman — is getting "tweaked." Some characters are getting more changes than others, but even the most familiar origin stories — and most clichéd scenes — might be different than the ones you know.

Return of the icons
Before this relaunch, it wasn't uncommon to have someone other than Bruce Wayne wearing the Batman costume. There were even different people sometimes wearing Wonder Woman's duds, and don't get us started on how many Batgirls there have been.

But for these new No. 1 issues, most of the iconic names have returned to the costumes for which they're best known. Bruce Wayne, Diana the Amazon, Clark Kent and even Barbara Gordon are back in their most recognizable roles.

The only major change from iconic roles that should be noted is that Dick Grayson is no longer Batman's sidekick Robin. As DC picks up his story in this new launch, Dick used to be Robin, but has grown up now and wears the title Nightwing. Batman's son is the new Robin, who readers can meet in "Batman & Robin #1."

URL- http://www.newsarama.com/comics/how-DC-plans-to-hook-new-readers-110830.html

Translation- "These characters are so important and so iconic that we've redesigned several of them just to show you how serious we are about respecting the past!"
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:04 pm

Take a look at this even wackier looking redesign which was one of the concept artwork for superman:
http://comics.cosmicbooknews.com/content/new-dcu-superman-green-lantern-wonder-woman-costume-concept-art
Geoff Johns And Jim Lee Promise "ShitBomb Announcements" For "Superman" At DC - Page 9 Supers10
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:55 pm

Y'know, I resent shit like that. It's almost like an excuse. "You think the CURRENT design is bad? You should check out what we SPARED you!"
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:38 pm

I have ONE thing to say to Dan Dildo, Jim "I Hate Superman" Lee and Geoff "Singer-Lite" Johns:

Geoff Johns And Jim Lee Promise "ShitBomb Announcements" For "Superman" At DC - Page 9 You_fail_at_failing
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Geoff Johns And Jim Lee Promise "ShitBomb Announcements" For "Superman" At DC - Page 9 Empty When "Superman" Met "Batman"

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:25 pm

WeMakeALotOfShitUp.com

Geoff Johns And Jim Lee Promise "ShitBomb Announcements" For "Superman" At DC - Page 9 Justiceleaguelee
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:06 pm

Nice artwork on that bats/supes showdown.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:14 pm

Cool page but don't tell, let me guess! Batman is going to win the fight!

Right?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:23 pm

Probably but he shouldn't if its real new first meeting of supes. How would he know any of his weaknesses yet?
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:09 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Probably but he shouldn't if its real new first meeting of supes. How would he know any of his weaknesses yet?
He's BATMAN! He knows everything and he can do anything! He eats lightning and craps thunder!
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:09 pm

haha good one.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:28 pm

If anyone is doubting the disrespect DC Comics is showing towards "Superman" in this refuckup, they need look no further than right here:

Geoff Johns And Jim Lee Promise "ShitBomb Announcements" For "Superman" At DC - Page 9 2710Geoff Johns And Jim Lee Promise "ShitBomb Announcements" For "Superman" At DC - Page 9 2711

In their own comic book, they refer to the TRUNKS as "underwear"?

Fuck you, Dan Dildo. Fuck you, Jim Lee. And Fuck You, Geoff Johns.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:34 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Fuck you, Dan Dildo. Fuck you, Jim Lee. And Fuck You, Geoff Johns.
Somebody should turn this into a line of collectible bumper stickers. Smile

But seriously. "Underwear"? Trunks. They're called trunks... if for no other reason than underwear can't by definition be worn except under your clothes.

Fuckin idiots...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:35 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:

But seriously. "Underwear"? Trunks. They're called trunks... if for no other reason than underwear can't by definition be worn except under your clothes.

Fuckin idiots...

Guess how much I paid for 'JustAss League #1'?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:35 pm

It still makes we wonder what the heck is going on. Almost every one else minus a few drastic changes to some like harley but superman is the most changed out of all the heroes were as almost all other heroes are roughly the same. What was the train of thought there.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:36 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:

Fuckin idiots...

Guess how much I paid for 'JustAss League #1'?
I dunno. Cover price? I give up. How much?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next