Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Routh's & Huntington's Thoughts About Man Of Steel?

+3
Apologist Puncher
thecolorsblend
non_amos
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Routh's & Huntington's Thoughts About Man Of Steel? - Page 3 Empty RE: Routh's & Huntington's Thoughts About Man Of Steel?

Post  non_amos Sun May 01, 2011 12:17 am

Just checked out Box Office Mojo. Besides the gross amount of BJ's latest snooze-fest, it also debuted at #17. SEVENTEEN!!!!! It almost didn't even register at all!

Now contrast that with THOR. Thor hasn't even opened in the US yet but look at this info for it's foreign box office:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&id=thor.htm

Thor

Distributor: Paramount Release Date: May 6, 2011
Genre: Action / Adventure Runtime: 2 hrs. 10 min.
MPAA Rating: PG-13 Production Budget: N/A

Foreign Total as of Apr. 29, 2011:
$40,000,000

40 MILLION OVERSEAS! And it hasn't even opened domestically yet! As Stan Lee used to say:

'NUFF SAID!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Routh's & Huntington's Thoughts About Man Of Steel? - Page 3 Empty Re: Routh's & Huntington's Thoughts About Man Of Steel?

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun May 01, 2011 12:30 am

'Dylan Does Dogs: Especially At Night' will be pulled out of theaters within 2 weeks. Guaranteed.

I was waaaaay off on my $15 million "guestimate". It'll be lucky to top $5 million....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Routh's & Huntington's Thoughts About Man Of Steel? - Page 3 Empty Re: Routh's & Huntington's Thoughts About Man Of Steel?

Post  thecolorsblend Sun May 01, 2011 12:47 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:'Dylan Does Dogs: Especially At Night' will be pulled out of theaters within 2 weeks. Guaranteed.

I was waaaaay off on my $15 million "guestimate". It'll be lucky to top $5 million....
I was expecting a wider release with a higher per-theater average... for some reason. I don't know why. But the way that it is now, if it gets pulled after two weeks, forget $5 million. I think the movie would be lucky to hit $1 million in that time.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun May 01, 2011 10:03 am

Nice to hear the film bombed liked we all thought it would.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Routh's & Huntington's Thoughts About Man Of Steel? - Page 3 Empty RE: Routh's & Huntington's Thoughts About Man Of Steel?

Post  non_amos Sun May 01, 2011 2:13 pm

What planet is this guy living on?!:

http://www.examiner.com/zombie-in-denver/dylan-dog-dead-of-night-a-big-winner-with-moviegoers

Dylan Dog: Dead of Night a big winner with moviegoers

April 29th, 2011 7:27 pm MT

Larry Berreth

Longmont Zombie Examiner

Dylan Dog: Dead of Night opened today, April 29, 2011, to rave reviews by zombie appreciating moviegoers.

Based on the popular Italian comic book Dylan Dog, this new action horror film stars former big screen Superman Brandon Routh as a paranormal detective who must deal with vampires, werewolves, zombies, and even one of Hell’s guardians in his quest to aid a client in the voodoo town of New Orleans. He is assisted by his walking dead sidekick Marcus Adams, hungrily played by Sam Huntington (who coincidentally played Jimmy Olsen to Routh’s man of steel in the lackluster Superman Returns).

You can check out the trailer on the video player at the left of this page.

Dylan Dog: Dead of Night opened in national release today. Locally, you can catch it at the Regal Cinema 10 in the Twin Peaks Mall in Longmont or at various locations in the Denver metro area.

Sources: Wikipedia, Yahoo Reviews

What's that dude been smoking?! Laughing

For a more realistic viewpoint, check this out:

http://www.rr.com/entertainment/topic/article/rr/9006/40271927/Fast_Five_races_to_furious_start_with_836M/2

Freestyle Releasing's horror comedy "Dylan Dog: Dead of Night," featuring "Superman Returns" star Brandon Routh, debuted far outside the top-10 with a paltry $885,000.

"Dylan Dog" played in narrower release of 875 theaters, averaging $1,011 a cinema, compared with $1,832 in 2,730 theaters for "Prom" and $1,653 in 2,505 cinemas for "Hoodwinked Too."

See, that's a more honest assessment. Wink
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun May 01, 2011 3:17 pm

haha ya non what the hell was that first guy thinking. its a bomb and bombed HARD.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun May 01, 2011 7:49 pm

non_amos wrote:What planet is this guy living on?!:

http://www.examiner.com/zombie-in-denver/dylan-dog-dead-of-night-a-big-winner-with-moviegoers

Larry Berreth

Longmont Zombie Examiner

Dylan Dog: Dead of Night opened today, April 29, 2011, to rave reviews by zombie appreciating moviegoers.

Based on the popular Italian comic book Dylan Dog, this new action horror film stars former big screen Superman Brandon Routh as a paranormal detective who must deal with vampires, werewolves, zombies, and even one of Hell’s guardians in his quest to aid a client in the voodoo town of New Orleans. He is assisted by his walking dead sidekick Marcus Adams, hungrily played by Sam Huntington (who coincidentally played Jimmy Olsen to Routh’s man of steel in the lackluster Superman Returns).

Dylan Dog: Dead of Night opened in national release today. Locally, you can catch it at the Regal Cinema 10 in the Twin Peaks Mall in Longmont or at various locations in the Denver metro area.

Notice there was no review of this turd-stain?

Wonder why that is....

http://www.rr.com/entertainment/topic/article/rr/9006/40271927/Fast_Five_races_to_furious_start_with_836M/2

Freestyle Releasing's horror comedy "Dylan Dog: Dead of Night," featuring "Superman Returns" star Brandon Routh, debuted far outside the top-10 with a paltry $885,000.

"Dylan Dog" played in narrower release of 875 theaters, averaging $1,011 a cinema, compared with $1,832 in 2,730 theaters for "Prom" and $1,653 in 2,505 cinemas for "Hoodwinked Too."

I love it.

Know whose opinion is glaringly absent?? MostPowerfulVaginaStenchFromStarGazing.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kivara Sun May 01, 2011 8:01 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
non_amos wrote:What planet is this guy living on?!:

Larry Berreth

Longmont Zombie Examiner

Notice there was no review of this turd-stain?

Wonder why that is....

I love it.

Know whose opinion is glaringly absent?? MostPowerfulVaginaStenchFromStarGazing.

Well, she has been missing from the Supermancinema forum for a while now. Maybe she's finally given up and is hopefully gone for good. Very Happy

kivara
Kirk Alyn
Kirk Alyn

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun May 01, 2011 8:05 pm

kivara wrote:Well, she has been missing from the Supermancinema forum for a while now. Maybe she's finally given up and is hopefully gone for good. Very Happy

That's good news for you. Seriously.

Send her a PM, with a link ot this site. Would LOVE to have a go at her! Happy
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kivara Sun May 01, 2011 8:57 pm

Oh boy, She's back.

Not surprising in the BR thread. Check out: http://fortressofsolitude.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=superman&action=display&thread=449&page=36 Laughing

kivara
Kirk Alyn
Kirk Alyn

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun May 01, 2011 9:22 pm

non_amos wrote:For a more realistic viewpoint, check this out:

For comparison, Fast Five did an estimated $83,630,000 this weekend. That works out to $22,950 per screen. And folks? Fast Five obviously didn't get a summer tentpole release window any more than Dylan Dumbass did but somehow audiences were more than receptive to it. There's no way F5 won't make great money in theaters while Blandon once again gets left behind.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun May 01, 2011 9:35 pm

kivara wrote:Oh boy, She's back.

Not surprising in the BR thread. Check out: http://fortressofsolitude.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=superman&action=display&thread=449&page=36 Laughing

How predictable. Once AGAIN, it's the director. The story. The special effects. The BUDGET. EVERYTHING but BJ Routh is the problem. Does this idiot not pay attention to the shit she types?

Routh's & Huntington's Thoughts About Man Of Steel? - Page 3 Broken-record

What will this blob have to occupy her time now that there will be no more BJ Routh movies?

Oh. I know!

Routh's & Huntington's Thoughts About Man Of Steel? - Page 3 Very-fat-woman-eating
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun May 01, 2011 9:38 pm

kivara wrote:Oh boy, She's back.

Her "review" is about as even-handed as you can realistically expect from ANY Apologist. Of course, NONE of this is ol' Blandon BJ's fault; it's the director, script, budget and everything else under the sun once again. But ol' Routhie boy once again "embodies" a comic book character she knows precisely dick about, surprise surprise!

But at least she's not trying to argue that it somehow made money or make excuses based on the limited release or whatever else. As full of shit as ever in all other respects though.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun May 01, 2011 9:58 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:But at least she's not trying to argue that it somehow made money or make excuses based on the limited release or whatever else. As full of shit as ever in all other respects though.

Because she has tried her "hardest" to come across as a "victim" who just posts "truths". People saying Singerman failed are posting OPINIONS. Because $391 million is A LOTS OF MONEYZ...... Rolling Eyes

Hard to argue that with 'Dylan Does Dogs' box office, don't you think?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun May 01, 2011 11:10 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:But at least she's not trying to argue that it somehow made money or make excuses based on the limited release or whatever else. As full of shit as ever in all other respects though.

Because she has tried her "hardest" to come across as a "victim" who just posts "truths". People saying Singerman failed are posting OPINIONS. Because $391 million is A LOTS OF MONEYZ...... Rolling Eyes

Hard to argue that with 'Dylan Does Dogs' box office, don't you think?
Apologists live in denial. Everybody knows that. All I'm saying is that I'm surprised that she's copping to Dylan Dipstick's FAILURE at the box office. I fully expect a lot of the Apologists from the Eunuch page will make every excuse imaginable though. Just you wait.

Oh hey, it seems Osama bin Laden is dead. Good fucking riddance, couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Say hi to Satan for me, you murdering cocksucker!
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun May 01, 2011 11:13 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Apologists live in denial. Everybody knows that. All I'm saying is that I'm surprised that she's copping to Dylan Dipstick's FAILURE at the box office. I fully expect a lot of the Apologists from the Eunuch page will make every excuse imaginable though. Just you wait.

Eunuch won't even mention it. Watch.

Oh hey, it seems Osama bin Laden is dead. Good fucking riddance, couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Say hi to Satan for me, you murdering cocksucker!

Got a thread up on this VERY subject!

https://supermanfilmwatchdog.forumcanadien.org/t348-usama-bin-laden-dead
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed May 04, 2011 8:02 pm

Well, BJ's last flop has had 3 more days at the theater. How's it doing?

$887,396

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=dylandog.htm

Routh's & Huntington's Thoughts About Man Of Steel? - Page 3 2085367180_04038c8c70

And I thought $5 million was possible. Geez, did I underestimate people's taste in film.

Good job, USA!!
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed May 04, 2011 8:47 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:Apologists live in denial. Everybody knows that. All I'm saying is that I'm surprised that she's copping to Dylan Dipstick's FAILURE at the box office. I fully expect a lot of the Apologists from the Eunuch page will make every excuse imaginable though. Just you wait.

Eunuch won't even mention it. Watch.
To which I thought "bah, sheer intellectual honesty basically DEMANDS that Steve Eunuch acknowledge it. Methinks AP is perhaps overstating this. Dollars to donuts, ol' Stevie boy will downplay Dylan Dillhole's FAILURE but he won't outright ignored it."

With nary a peep on the Eunuch page about the movie's FAILURE though, it's pretty obvious which of us was right. Point for AP.

Apologist Puncher wrote:Well, BJ's last flop has had 3 more days at the theater. How's it doing?
BJ The Bartender is 2011's biggest star!!!

$887,396
Um, or not. Fuck me that's pathetic. Wasn't the budget somewhere between $10 and $20 million? Paltry money by Hollywood standards, to be sure, but any movie has to meet certain expectations, right? There's no way this sucker comes EVEN CLOSE. Holy shit, that's pathetic...

Good job, USA!!
Let's back up a bit here, okay? In the past seven days, the good ol' US of A has (in order of importance) rid the world of a murdering terrorist cocksucker, denounced DC for expatriating Superman and completely ignored Blandon BJ's latest cinematic vomit.

I feel pretty good about my country right about now. Let's face it, the only way you can improve on the above is by figuring out a way to whack Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, film a bunch of joyous American citizens dancing and celebrating in the street after the announcement thereof in front of news cameras (that beam the feed to all the Middle Eastern countries), deport all or most of the Singerman cast and crew, and then (to make a clean job of it) declare the day a new national holiday.

Last edited by thecolorsblend on Wed May 04, 2011 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed May 04, 2011 8:55 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:
To which I thought "bah, sheer intellectual honesty basically DEMANDS that Steve Eunuch. Methinks AP is perhaps overstating this. Dollars to donuts, ol' Stevie boy will downplay Dylan Dillhole's FAILURE but he won't outright ignored it."

With nary a peep on the Eunuch page about the movie's FAILURE though, it's pretty obvious which of us was right. Point for AP.

Never get tired of hearing that I was right again....

BJ The Bartender is 2011's biggest star!!!

$887,396
Um, or not. Fuck me that's pathetic. Wasn't the budget somewhere between $10 and $20 million? Paltry money by Hollywood standards, to be sure, but any movie has to meet certain expectations, right? There's no way this sucker comes EVEN CLOSE. Holy shit, that's pathetic...

Like I said before, they were hoping to make a modest number, then PRAY it sold decent on DVD.

Prayer DENIED.

Let's back up a bit here, okay? In the past seven days, the good ol' US of A has (in order of importance) rid the world of a murdering terrorist cocksucker, denounced DC for expatriating Superman and completely ignored Blandon BJ's latest cinematic vomit.

I feel pretty good about my country right about now. Let's face it, the only way you can improve on the above is by figuring out a way to whack Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, film a bunch of joyous American citizens dancing and celebrating in the street after the announcement thereof in front of news cameras (that beam the feed to all the Middle Eastern countries), deport all or most of the Singerman cast and crew, and then (to make a clean job of it) declare the day a new national holiday.

I'll bring the fireworks.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Thu May 05, 2011 8:52 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Well, BJ's last flop has had 3 more days at the theater. How's it doing?

$887,396

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=dylandog.htm

Now, that's funny

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3