Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why reboot Spider-Man??!

3 posters

Go down

Why reboot Spider-Man??! Empty Why reboot Spider-Man??!

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:48 pm

Ever since it was anounced from Marvel & Sony that the "Spider-Man" film franchise was going to be rebooted I was one of the many people who weren't fond of the news for good reasons and one of them were is that the "Spider-Man" film franchise is not even that old to be rebooted nor were they bad especially "Spider-Man 3" even though it was not better than "Spider-Man 2" but more of the same standards as such. Plus, the "Spider-Man" film franchise was a money maker due through box office estimations not to mention it launches new waves of merchandises and even inspired a great Spider-Man series called "The Spectacular Spider-Man"!

Sam Raimi was scheduled to direct "Spider-Man 4" but due to the disagreements with Sony the project was cancelled and Sony decided to reboot it and rumor has it that it'll be based on the "Ultimate Spider-Man" comics which I'm also not too fond of!

I can only hope is that some how if the upcoming reboot film becomes successful and even turn out better than the first "Spider-Man" film than I'll learn to except it and I'll even infavor it over the other films along with the supporting of sequels on the way with no strings attached just like how I infavor Nolan's "Batman" film series over Burton's/Schumacher's "Batman" film series. However if the film fails to capitalize with the viewers weither it tops or bombs at the box office then this just proves to Sony that they truly made a huge mistake but at the same time learn a lesson that what they had before was good enough and nothing will top it!

Last edited by Comicbookfan-V2 on Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Why reboot Spider-Man??! Empty Re: Why reboot Spider-Man??!

Post  webhead2006 Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:56 am

Oh I totally agree they didn't have to reboot the series. Sure the last film wasn't good. But with the right story they could have fixed its mistakes. Plus even not using raimi actors they could have had it set in his world and continue things and all that. But on the other hand have a fresh take on the chzracter can give us a look direction. Spidey is a fun character and I am curious to see what changes they can do. There is some thingsbi bhope they try to do that raimi films didn't do.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:39 pm

There's an easy explanation for why they are rebooting Spider-Man:

Money.

Sam Raimi's series was getting more and more expensive to make. Sure they made tons of money, but Sony saw that people will go see a Spider-Man film and figured they can cut the budget and hire cheaper talent. This way their profit margins go UP.

Is it what's "best" for Spider-Man? I don't know. But it IS what's best for SONY.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:16 pm

I'm scared of this reboot. First, it's unnecessary. I like Spider-Man 3. Is it as good as it could have been? Maybe not. But most of my gripes revolve around the repetitive ending (MJ gets kidnapped, villain learns Spidey's true identity which prompts reconciliation, etc).

Second, there was so much untapped potential from the comics. Other love interests for Peter, other villains to play with, so on and so forth. You could make a nice little cottage industry just out of the Lee/Romita period. Tons of stuff in there.

But third, it's a huge risk. The public is invested in Raimi, Maguire, Dunst, etc. Throwing all of them out on their ear just seems like an incredibly stupid move. Mark Webb had better be on his A-game because something tells me the public won't be too forgiving of any mistakes.

On the other hand, if this enables Sam Raimi to get a quality Shadow movie up off the ground, you won't hear a peep out of me.

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:26 am

Kirsten Dunst was the absolute worst choice for Mary Jane. And she just got worse as the films went on. The new chick is appealing in a "tomboyish" sort of way, but is still not the way they should have gone.

To be honest, I am very "meh" about the Spider Man reboot.....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:03 am

Dunst kinda grew on me after a while. I didn't see what Peter saw in her in the first movie, she was a pretty harsh and bitchy in the second one but she had a legitimate point of view in the third one. Overall? Not great but not bad. If she'd stunk up the screen the way Kate Fivehead did in Singerman, I'd have a different point of view but she's okay.

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:34 am

thec0l0rsblend wrote:Dunst kinda grew on me after a while. I didn't see what Peter saw in her in the first movie, she was a pretty harsh and bitchy in the second one but she had a legitimate point of view in the third one. Overall? Not great but not bad. If she'd stunk up the screen the way Kate Fivehead did in Singerman, I'd have a different point of view but she's okay.

It was the opposite for me. I thought she was "ok" in the first one. Especially in this scene:

Why reboot Spider-Man??! Mjn1

Razz

But as each film went on, she just got worse and worse in my eyes. By the third one, I was HOPING one of those cinder blocks crushed her alien looking face in...
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:29 am

Yea she is a decent actress just wasnt really suited for the role of mj in my book. Looks wise i thought she was best in the first then 2 and 3.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down