Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BlueNuts Part II: The Quest For Apologists

4 posters

Go down

BlueNuts Part II: The Quest For Apologists Empty BlueNuts Part II: The Quest For Apologists

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:01 pm

This thread is going to be for posting of idiotic-ly Apologist bullshit from the current version of BlueNuts:

CrossEyesSkyward

The place is run by a portly, border-line stalker nicknamed "Brdwaybebe". Take a look at this hot-mess:
BlueNuts Part II: The Quest For Apologists M

This tub is a BJ Routh Apologists of the HIGHEST ORDER. Read this little post of hers, and tell me if it isn't psychotically CREEPY:
Idiotic Bullshit

Brdwaybebe
Magic Propels My Rolly Chair

He's so familiar to me now I feel the way I feel when I go see one of my brother's plays. They may not be what I'd normally go and see but I want to be supportive and then throughout whether they do good or bad I clap and support.

This one does look fun though. I'm going to see it (on DVD probably since I have no car)

I enjoy that Brandon and Sam(my) got to be such good buddies after Superman. I love watching him send guy love over to his buddy over Twitter.

What kind of demented FREAK says something like this about someone they will NEVER know on a personal level? If you look back at celebrity stalkers over the years, THIS is the type of things they say. Remember the guy who shot Reagan? Didn't he say that Jodie Foster was "sending me messages", and that's why he did it? She's definitely an obese female version of this guy:

Fuck, if I actually gave a shit about BJ Routh, I would warn his "handlers" or something. This blubbery lame-brain is going to break into his West-Hollywood apartment and roll around in his dirty underwear naked one day soon.

Anyway, this thread is just like the HomoPage one, but is specifically for the site mentioned above. It is one of the last remaining Apologist "haven's" out there, and they live-up to that moniker.

More to come, trust me...
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

BlueNuts Part II: The Quest For Apologists Empty Re: BlueNuts Part II: The Quest For Apologists

Post  webhead2006 Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:12 pm

What the hell.......
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

BlueNuts Part II: The Quest For Apologists Empty Re: BlueNuts Part II: The Quest For Apologists

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:11 pm

In many ways, you could regard Eyes Skyward as "the thinking Apologist's web forum" (if such a term isn't contradictory). So you get a slightly higher caliber of Apologist discourse there. What I mean by that is that they say a lot of the same basic shit as the Apologists on the Younis page but with fewer typos and more Singerman-related fan fiction going.

Most reasonable people wouldn't call that a higher level of discourse but being as we're talking about the Apologists here, you've got to go by a sliding scale.

Eyes Skyward/Blue Tights II isn't quite the Apologist haven that Blue Tights I was circa, oh, maybe 2006 to mid 2007. At some point, a few Apologists broke ranks and, although still complimentary to Routh, of course, turned on Singerman (to varying degrees). That combined with an influx of members who aren't Realists, per sé, but nevertheless have no love for Singerman drove several of the hardliners underground (MostPowerfulSolarisGazer among others). Not sure where those nitwits post these days but appearances even on ES is pretty rare because, being as they are hardliner Apologists, they can't deal with *ANY* level of reality and need the strictest moderator protection at all times, lest they go to pieces. So even one of their own saying "ya know, now that I back on it, [Singerman] really could've been a lot better in some place" is interpreted as unnecessary vitriol.

Don't misinterpret that though. There are still Apologists to spare on Eyes Skyward. These tend to be more iconoclastic "fans" for some reason. So what you're more likely to see from the Apologists on ES is cherish and a high regard for the damage Singer did to the mythos rather than a willful denial of it (as is the usual Apologist tactic). They frame their appreciation for the shitting on of the mythos Singer did but arguing that he "broadened the canvas and made [Singerman] less of a boy scout and more of a complicated figure".

So for the stupid Apologists, basically all you need are facts and logic. That's more than enough to bring the point across. Singerman is NOT superior to SV. Singerman does NOT celebrate the mythos. Hell, Singerman isn't even a halfway worthy companion to STM and S2. All of these are easy enough to prove.

But for many of the ES brand of Apologist though, no amount of comic book or mythos citations will get you anywhere because THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT SUPERMAN IS ALL ABOUT. You can phrase the problem any way you like but that's where you end up in the end; they just. Don't. Get it. You can't make any traction with them because they're coming at it from a fundamentally different angle. "This shit works for a FILM, this shit is how most people really live their lives nowadays, this shit is a more modern interpretation", fucking blah blah blah. You won't get anywhere because their love for that movie is couched in other criteria than my loathing for it. Citing the movie's financial failure is likewise a lost cause.

The point? The regular breed of Apologist is easy enough to factually vanquish. Hell, composing a post with minimal spelling or punctuation errors is half the battle. The ES breed of Apologist is different because, for all intents and purposes, you're speaking two different languages without an interpreter.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:39 pm

Here's some Apologist retardation for you all:
CrossEyesSkyward
Yesterday 09:59 PM #11

KLynneL
Addicted member

I too wish that Brandon had the chance to dawn the cape once more. I think he did a fine job of bringing our hero to life. I love his Clark over Reeve's Clark, or Tom's Clark for that matter. Much more introspective and less an oaf.

Yep, the nasally squeak of "Swell", or the effeminate "You wanted to see me?" sure weren't oafish, were they?

Ridiculous.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:12 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Here's some Apologist retardation for you all:
CrossEyesSkyward
Yesterday 09:59 PM #11

KLynneL
Addicted member

I too wish that Brandon had the chance to dawn the cape once more. I think he did a fine job of bringing our hero to life. I love his Clark over Reeve's Clark, or Tom's Clark for that matter. Much more introspective and less an oaf.

Yep, the nasally squeak of "Swell", or the effeminate "You wanted to see me?" sure weren't oafish, were they?

Ridiculous.
Oy. The way those Apologist nitwits say it, you'd think Routh was the first and only "actor" to have played the role before. Well, (A) he's NOT and (B) he's sort of neck and neck with Bob Holliday as to who the worst Superman ever is. When Dean Cain is light years beyond you as a Superman actor, it's time to find a new career.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:00 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Oy. The way those Apologist nitwits say it, you'd think Routh was the first and only "actor" to have played the role before. Well, (A) he's NOT and (B) he's sort of neck and neck with Bob Holliday as to who the worst Superman ever is. When Dean Cain is light years beyond you as a Superman actor, it's time to find a new career.

Well, once 'Dylan Does Dogs' flops, "acting" is no longer going to be an option for his talentless ass.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:36 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:Oy. The way those Apologist nitwits say it, you'd think Routh was the first and only "actor" to have played the role before. Well, (A) he's NOT and (B) he's sort of neck and neck with Bob Holliday as to who the worst Superman ever is. When Dean Cain is light years beyond you as a Superman actor, it's time to find a new career.

Well, once 'Dylan Does Dogs' flops, "acting" is no longer going to be an option for his talentless ass.
I'm of two minds on that. Yeah, sure, I'd kind of like to see "2006's biggest star" run out of the business. I'd cackle to no end.

But another part of me likes that the Apologists have to live with The Plank Of Wood's non-career each and every day. He's not even a C-lister by ANY stretch, and they have to cope with that day after day. Kevin Spacey is, at best, strictly B-list but he's a hell of a lot higher up in the food chain than ol' BJ is ever liable to be and I'm sure that drives his overweight, divorced female fans absolutely crazy.

And I love every minute of it.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:53 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:I'm of two minds on that. Yeah, sure, I'd kind of like to see "2006's biggest star" run out of the business. I'd cackle to no end.

But another part of me likes that the Apologists have to live with The Plank Of Wood's non-career each and every day. He's not even a C-lister by ANY stretch, and they have to cope with that day after day. Kevin Spacey is, at best, strictly B-list but he's a hell of a lot higher up in the food chain than ol' BJ is ever liable to be and I'm sure that drives his overweight, divorced female fans absolutely crazy.

And I love every minute of it.

Well, look at it this way: I'm pretty sure Mark Pillow had his own overweight, obsessive fans too.

Where is he now?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:00 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Well, look at it this way: I'm pretty sure Mark Pillow had his own overweight, obsessive fans too.

Where is he now?
He lives a few miles from me, actually. Smile
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:05 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:He lives a few miles from me, actually. Smile

Ask him if he needs a roommate, as BJ and his beard are going to have to "lower expenses" VERY soon. Excited
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:51 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:He lives a few miles from me, actually. Smile

Ask him if he needs a roommate, as BJ and his beard are going to have to "lower expenses" VERY soon. Excited
I dunno if Pillow would be up for that as he's a family man nowadays and doesn't want his children hanging around deviants.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:56 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:I dunno if Pillow would be up for that as he's a family man nowadays and doesn't want his children hanging around deviants.

Does he resemble his surname now, or did he keep-up with his Nuclear Man physique?

BlueNuts Part II: The Quest For Apologists 6437189_tml

"Now I hurt people. With bad acting"
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:41 pm

You tell me.

BlueNuts Part II: The Quest For Apologists 49864_100000270130475_7322_n
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:32 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:You tell me.

BlueNuts Part II: The Quest For Apologists 49864_100000270130475_7322_n

He reminds me a bit of this guy:
BlueNuts Part II: The Quest For Apologists Frank_bottom_image_b
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:51 am

Pillow did an interview with some Superman fan page (all I can say for sure is that it wasn't the Younis page or some other jackoff site where the owner blatantly wants to rip everyone off and blatantly lies about it) a year or three back where he talked about his pre- and post-Superman IV life. Honestly, dude comes across cool as shit through out the entire thing, he had some amusing stories to tell and, really, just seems like a guy who wants to do his best to succeed in life and do right by his family.

Obviously he was never the right guy for the role but this guy oozed more Superman qualities IN A FREAKING AUDIO INTERVIEW than I've seen BJ Blandon muster through out the entirety of Singerman.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:13 pm

One of the idiots over at BlueNuts Part II is BEGGING WB to pay attention to them.

CrossEyesSkyWard.com

Today 08:40 AM #2638
Vadakin
Addicted member

So um, does anyone think that Snyder is here on this site? Or even Goyer? ES.c is the successor to Bluetights, which became the official fan site for Superman Returns after all. I'm sure someone from Warners is lurking around, checking out fan reaction etc. Aside from SuperheroHype, I'm struggling to think of anywhere else with a dedicated Superman forum with an established membership but SHH has so many forums for different heroes, getting in touch with fans there may be a struggle and get lost in the crowd. As much as I've criticised Robert Orci in the past, I do have a lot of respect for him for engaging with Trek (and Transformers) fans on the likes of Trekmovie.com and AICN. Peter Jackson has a strong relationship with Onering.net and Lucasfilm have had a lot of contact with theforce.net over the years. With so much riding on the project, engaging with fans can be a good way to generate buzz for the film. I wouldn't expect Snyder himself to start posting but if anyone from Warner Brothers is reading the site, I encourage them to think about engaging with us. We're not all mindless drones who will agree with everything you say and do for the movie just for the sake of it but EyesSkyward has a large variety of fans from hardcore comic book readers, to movie and tv show fans, to casual fans etc. I think ES.c's members are a good representation of the potential audience for Man of Steel.

Just don't go to ComicBookMovie.com or Superman Homepage. Those guys suck. They called you names.

Incidentally, if anyone from Warner Brothers is here, I am available to travel to the set to hang out on set, all expenses paid of course, and be a liaison to fans. Don't worry about me being a vocal doubter on the site, I'm easily bought

Anyone see the pathetic DRIPPING off of this post?

And an Apologist telling someone from the Bros. Warner where to go, and not to go, for REAL Superman fans is gut-bustingly hilarious.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

BlueNuts Part II: The Quest For Apologists Empty RE: Blue Nuts Part II: The Quest For Apologists

Post  non_amos Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:54 pm

Anyone see the pathetic DRIPPING off of this post?

I bet this guy/girl/it would also do 'favors' where needed, if you get my drift?! Wink
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:04 pm

non_amos wrote:I bet this guy/girl/it would also do 'favors' where needed, if you get my drift?! Wink

Well, the idiot DID say this:

Don't worry about me being a vocal doubter on the site, I'm easily bought

I didn't see any $$ signs on his post......
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun May 01, 2011 10:00 am

Haha what a fool.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down