Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lohan's People Won't Let It Go

4 posters

Go down

Lohan's People Won't Let It Go Empty Lohan's People Won't Let It Go

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:40 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/04/04/linsday-lohan-role-superman-movie-lois-lane/

Lindsay Lohan Up for Role in 'Superman' Movie, But Not as Lois Lane
Published April 04, 2011

She dressed up like a superhero in a Complex magazine shoot last year. Now a source close to Lindsay Lohan said the troubled actress will audition for a role in director Zack Snyder's upcoming "Superman" reboot this week, Radar Online reported Monday. "Lindsay plans to return from New York on Wednesday and meet with producers and read with an actor who is up for the role of Lex Luthor," the source said.

Lohan, 24, would reportedly be reading for a role as a villain. That means she could be auditioning for the rule of Miss Teschmacher, Luthor's sexy accomplice, played in the 1978 original by Valerie Perrine.

The "Mean Girls" star will go on trial for felony grand theft this month. She is charged with one count of felony grand theft for allegedly walking out of a jewelry boutique without paying for a $2,500 gold necklace on Jan. 22 in Venice, Calif. On March 23, Lohan rejected a plea deal that would include a 90-day jail sentence and opted to take her chances at a trial. If found guilty at the trial, she will likely be sentenced to jail. A source close to the "Superman" production said Lohan's potential jail time "almost certainly would coincide with the production schedule."

If cast in the "Superman" reboot, Lohan would join a cast that includes Henry Cavill as Superman, Amy Adams, Kevin Costner and Diane Lane.
Lohan has also reportedly been offered a role as Sharon Tate, the actress who was murdered by followers of Charles Manson in 1969, in an upcoming movie about Manson, according to TMZ.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/04/04/linsday-lohan-role-superman-movie-lois-lane/#ixzz1IcH13kd9

Fox News' writer is OBVIOUSLY a fucking moron, especially based on the bold part. Couldn't even do a two-minute Google search to see that it has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PREVIOUS SUPERMAN FILMS?

But I digress. I think this is a "publicity stunt" used to benefit both Lohan and SNyder's reboot. Keep people talking about it, give Lohan something else for people to talk about besides her upcoming prison term. In the end, she won't be cast, and will be mentioned in the press release for the person who DOES.

And who the fuck is this "Adam Harris" guy, that people are claiming is up for Lex?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Lohan's People Won't Let It Go Empty Re: Lohan's People Won't Let It Go

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:11 am

Pretty typical of most media types. All they know is what the last guy wrote about. In their defense, they usually are given a few lines to work with from a wire service and have to run with that. It happens. A lot.

Still, in this day and age of Google, one wonders if that flimsy excuse even counts as a flimsy excuse anymore.

And "she's up for the rule"? Did Miss Teschmacher become queen? When the fuck did that memo get sent out?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:28 am

Ya I saw the story earlier. No way is she ever going to land a role. Her career is crap right now and would be to much of a damage cause to get mixed with.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:59 am

webhead2006 wrote:Ya I saw the story earlier. No way is she ever going to land a role. Her career is crap right now and would be to much of a damage cause to get mixed with.

Yeah, which is why I said this:

Apologist Puncher wrote:But I digress. I think this is a "publicity stunt" used to benefit both Lohan and Snyder's reboot. Keep people talking about it, give Lohan something else for people to talk about besides her upcoming prison term. In the end, she won't be cast, and will be mentioned in the press release for the person who DOES.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lib Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:11 pm

I heard this on Howard Stern on Tuesday.

This morning Stern went on a rant about how there was no Miss Tessmacher in the comics and that WB/DC can't get passed the Donnerverse in terms of the Superman movie franchise and how the DC movies keep recycling the same stuff.... and how the Superman/Batman movies never progress with the villains they use. I think when he ranted about this he meant more how the Superman movies always uses Lex Luthor as its main bad guy.

He also talked about the Marvel and raved about how Spiderman and Iron Man used different villains to progress the franchises.
lib
lib
SuperFriend
SuperFriend

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:18 pm

How is it that Stern gets it when nobody else does? Sure hope Singer was listening. Too late to do any good there but some positive reinforcement never hurt anybody.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:35 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:How is it that Stern gets it when nobody else does? Sure hope Singer was listening. Too late to do any good there but some positive reinforcement never hurt anybody.

Howard Stern has always been a huge Superman geek. He once went on a rant against the Donnerverse, saying it's bullshit that Superman can't bang regular chicks. That Superman can control EVERYTHING he does, whether it's shaking someone's hand or going at it in the sack. I'm paraphrasing, of course. But he didn't like that it somehow became "Gospel" after Superman II.

Stern GETS IT.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:17 pm

Hum. Never paid much attention to Stern so I didn't know that. But good on him.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:31 pm

I used to back in the day, not so much in the last 10 or 12 years.

'Private Parts' is a VERY good movie though.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:57 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:I used to back in the day, not so much in the last 10 or 12 years.

'Private Parts' is a VERY good movie though.
Yep. Not sure how much was "embellished" to be more flattering to Stern but the way I always heard it, getting fired was the one constant of his entire career for a while there.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:26 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Yep. Not sure how much was "embellished" to be more flattering to Stern but the way I always heard it, getting fired was the one constant of his entire career for a while there.

It was supposedly pretty close to his self-penned autobiography of the same name.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:00 pm

Blah another rumor of lohan. Why can't it just stop.
http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/lindsay-lohans-role-man-steel-superman-2012
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:16 pm

Lohan's People Won't Let It Go Yawn-380x540
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:35 pm

Shouldn't this end the stupid rumors that idiots keep floating every couple of weeks?

Lindsay Lohan Gets 120 Days in Jail for Probation Violation
Published April 22, 2011
| Associated Press

LOS ANGELES -- Lindsay Lohan was led from a Los Angeles courtroom by several bailiffs after a judge who heard evidence against the actress in a theft case Friday sentenced her to 120 days in jail for a probation violation.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/04/22/lindsay-lohan-theft-charge-reduced-misdemeanor/#ixzz1KJ1fZk9G
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:47 pm

just read that news a little while ago. But it wont stop the lohan talk. more so if she only ends up doing like a few days like she did the last time if i recall.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:24 pm

webhead2006 wrote:just read that news a little while ago. But it wont stop the lohan talk. more so if she only ends up doing like a few days like she did the last time if i recall.
Her publicist is likely the one floating that turd of a rumor out there. (A) Nobody believes it and (B) yeah, this WILL end whatever minuscule chance she EVER had at whatever role she was allegedly up for. Who the hell wants THIS kind of baggage with their movie?

EDIT- I should add that I'd take Lohan any day over the week over Bosworth.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:55 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Her publicist is likely the one floating that turd of a rumor out there. (A) Nobody believes it and (B) yeah, this WILL end whatever minuscule chance she EVER had at whatever role she was allegedly up for. Who the hell wants THIS kind of baggage with their movie?

Exactly. Even though her attorney's are appealing, WHO will insure Lohan? No company is going to risk her being carted off to jail in the middle of shooting.

Ain't happenin'.

EDIT- I should add that I'd take Lohan any day over the week over Bosworth.

And that ain't sayin' much.....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:28 am

Ya I did like lohan yrs back when her career was on track. But not now with all her problems. Bbut yup with all this I wouldn't want her on any film. But her name will probably keep poping up. I so can't wait to casting is complete and filming underway.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:28 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Ya I did like lohan yrs back when her career was on track. But not now with all her problems. Bbut yup with all this I wouldn't want her on any film. But her name will probably keep poping up. I so can't wait to casting is complete and filming underway.

You said that already.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down