Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW 'Justice League of America' Script In The Works

+6
Father Finian
thecolorsblend
Comicbookfan-V2
webhead2006
Apologist Puncher
non_amos
10 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

NEW 'Justice League of America' Script In The Works - Page 4 Empty Re: NEW 'Justice League of America' Script In The Works

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:06 am

"The tidbits I heard sound quite dark and mature, which isn't what I expected."

Wasn't what he expected? The fu.....? Has Mark Millar NOT been paying attention to what the Bros. Warner and their Bette Noir Christopher Nolan have been doing to their characters???

Sounds like it is EXACTLY what I am expecting.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

NEW 'Justice League of America' Script In The Works - Page 4 Empty Re: NEW 'Justice League of America' Script In The Works

Post  non_amos Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:16 am

NEW 'Justice League of America' Script In The Works - Page 4 Doa-mo11
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:25 am

Great. I tried watching GREEN LANTERN awhile ago and the thing that turned me off was how serious it took itself. It came off very somber and if that's what WB wants to do with JLA then count me out.

"Dark and mature"? Not every DC movie needs to ape the tone of THE DARK KNIGHT. Now I'm really starting to get worried about MOS.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:32 am

Stockslivevan wrote:Great. I tried watching GREEN LANTERN awhile ago and the thing that turned me off was how serious it took itself. It came off very somber and if that's what WB wants to do with JLA then count me out.

"Dark and mature"? Not every DC movie needs to ape the tone of THE DARK KNIGHT. Now I'm really starting to get worried about MOS.

Maybe duh brothers Warner should realize that the reason dark works for Batman is, well, because he is dark, at least in the more popular incarnations. But characters like GL & Flash should be more light-hearted, probably even more like the Marvel approach, even though they're DC characters.

What duh brothers are gonna do here is paint themselves into a corner while Marvel/Disney laughs all the way to the bank. No joke. And if they try this approach for JLA, well, that's why I posted the previous pic.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:38 am

Exactly. I remember GL was supposed to be WB's answer to IRON MAN. Instead it was the wrong answer.

It's pretty interesting. In the 90s WB thought going for a lighter tone might help Batman but it turned out disastrous. Now they thinking going for a darker tone for the lighter characters might help. How soon will they realize they're going the wrong path like they did with Batman in the 90s? Hopefully sooner than later.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:49 am

Does everything need to be dark an gritty no. I wouldn't mind that. But it doesn't always go well for every character. The best for me would be to strike a balance of dark/gritty/with the light fun and comicbooky stuff.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:29 am

Oy...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:49 pm

Just to give my two cents on this, it dosen't surprise me at the very least that the success of "The Avengers" would get the attention of the WB studio (Which is the reason why I posted a thread involving "The Avengers" influencing a "Justice League" film) to green light a possible "Justice League" film and with the same built up direction no less! The funny thing is a JL movie was on the mind and would have happen alot sooner before "The Avengers" came to mind but as fate has it the company of Marvel toke it's opportunity and gone ahead while leaving WB in the dust thus sidetracking the project due to some mistreatments of their DC based properties. Just makes you wonder if the execs of WB are kicking themsleves hard for having Marvel beating them to the punch in regards of producing a comic-based-team-up film and regret not fast tracking the JL movie and not being able to built it up just before Marvel did with their Avengers project? And if they are then this would explain why they NOW want to get back into the comic-based-team-up project just as they should have gotten done long ago but questions still remain is are they motivated enough to produce a JL film that may possibly be able to top "The Avengers"? And has the execs of WB finally learn their lesson from all this?

Personally, I hope so!!!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:33 pm

Stockslivevan wrote:Exactly. I remember GL was supposed to be WB's answer to IRON MAN. Instead it was the wrong answer.

It ended-up being their answer to 'Punisher: War Zone' instead.

It's pretty interesting. In the 90s WB thought going for a lighter tone might help Batman but it turned out disastrous. Now they thinking going for a darker tone for the lighter characters might help. How soon will they realize they're going the wrong path like they did with Batman in the 90s? Hopefully sooner than later.

The Bros. Warner are NOT "trailblazers" when it comes to comic book films. Even though they have owned DC Comics for so long, they have been afraid to take CHANCES. WB has Batman, and.....nada. Marvel Studios has been in the biz, what, 5 years? And THEY already have a $1.3 BILLION DOLLAR FRANCHISE? THREE viable comic book film properties, with more to come?

WB's "Batman Dark & Gritty" has run it's course. After 'The Avengers', people don't want to be depressed by movies they pay $12 to see anymore.

Real life these days does a good enough job there.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:43 pm

That is a reason I hate wb reguarding dc films. The have little or no faith in things. Or they have the wrong folks on board for things, like ww script by one of the gl writers, and lobo with joel silver. I just wish and do hope now they will see there past approaches been wrong. And you have to find the right folks as producers/directors/writers on things. That is where marvel has been getting things right. With there writers, producers and writers. With them getting characters and worlds done in correct way.

Last edited by webhead2006 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:43 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Just to give my two cents on this, it dosen't surprise me at the very least that the success of "The Avengers" would get the attention of the WB studio (Which is the reason why I posted a thread involving "The Avengers" influencing a "Justice League" film) to green light a possible "Justice League" film and with the same built up direction no less!

Wow. So YOU were the FIRST, and ONLY, person to bring this up?

Are you fucking KIDDING me???
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:42 pm

Actually I never said I did, just giving my own feedback!!!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  Alf Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:27 pm

When Variety (a very reliable source AFAIK) reports that WB is putting control of their DC properties into Nolan and turning to him for everything, that's when I lose any and all faith for JLA or any upcoming DC characters films. Now I can only hope that Snyder managed to save MOS and actually turn it into a proper Superman movie with his rewrites, because the less influence Nolan had on that, story wise, the better!
Alf
Alf
Dean Cain
Dean Cain

User Reputation : 35

http://www.manofsteel.com

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:01 am

I have pointed it its been mentioned by nolan and snyder he didn't have much hands on for superman. All he did was help get wb to do the film with his/his brother/goyer script. Which we know was rewritten by snyder and his rewrite folks. Plus them saying it was snyder call on things. So I think superman will be more snyder then nolan. But on nolan thing I do really hope they don't try to get him to stick around much longer for other dc films. They need someone else to be overseer od dc films like feige is for marvel. And I am sure nolan doesn't want to spend the next 5en + yrs doing comic films strickly.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:22 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=65896
EDITORIAL: Ten Things I Want To See In The JUSTICE LEAGUE Movie

With Warner Bros. finally moving ahead with a Justice League film (which may be released in 2015),comic book fans' expectations have been sky-high. Hit the jump to find out what I most want to see concerning DC Comics' answer to Marvel's The Avengers. Paul Romano - 8/17/2012

To many comic book fans, a liveactionn Justice League film has merely been a dream. Lately, however, Warner Bros. have been interested in finally getting the project off the ground. After hiring Gangster Squad writer Will Beall to pen the script last year, it was recently reported that WB were eyeing Ben Affleck (The Town) to direct the DC Comics team up film. Due to conflicting reports, it's currently unknown whether or not Affleck would be interested in directing themoviee. If he passes (which wouldn't be surprising), then there are other directors who should be considered (click here to check out my editorial on who should direct Justice League). We should (hopefully) be hearing more news on the ambitious project soon.

As a lifelong Justice League fan (I watched the animated series as a youngling), I don't think there's amoviee that I'm anticipating more than the first big screen team up of Batman, Superman, and many other DC heroes. And naturally, there would be a lot of things that I would want to see in themoviee. Below are ten things that I most want to see concerning what could be the biggest comic book movie to date.

1. Feature A Darker/More Grounded Tone.

One of the best things about The Dark Knight Trilogy is its use of a darker/realistic tone to accompany its story. Next year's Man Of Steel looks to have a similar tone (though obviously not as realistic). From what I can see, this tone can work very well for a DC Cinematic Universe. While clearly it shouldn't be as realistic as Chris Nolan's Batman, Justice League needs a similar amount of believability. Plus, a darker tone could help make DC'sfilmss stand out from Marvel Studios' more family-friendly fare.

Comic book writer Mark Millar recently state that the Justice League script was "dark and mature", which of course hasn't been officially confirmed yet. Though, Ben Affleck (whosefilmss are usually dark in tone) being Warner Bros.' current top choice could give us a hint as to what the movie's tone will be.

2. Don't Be As Colorful As The Avengers.

As a continuation from #1, I'd like to stress the fact that Justice League needs to be very, very different from The Avengers. In addition to a darker tone, JL shouldn't feel as comic book-y or light-hearted as Joss Whedon's masterpiece. While Avengers was full of colorful set pieces, a grittier tone for Justice League would be a much better fit. Also, while The Avengers worked perfectly as a blend ofactionn and comedy, I don't see the same working well for Justice League. I would focus more on the drama/serious aspect, with occasional moments of humor coming from The Flash and Green Lantern.

3. Focus On Continuity Begun By Man Of Steel And Green Lantern.

It's been rumored that Man Of Steel will be the starting point for a DC Movie Universe, similar to how Iron Man was for the MCU. While it hasn't been officially confirmed, I don't think WB are stupid enough to market two different Supermen at once. Unless Man Of Steel underperforms at the box office (which would be surprising), I can see the studio wanting to bring back Henry Cavill to don the red and blue suit for a much bigger movie. Cavill seems to be the perfect choice for Superman, based on the little we've seen of him. So if he turns in an excellent performance (I expect no less), he needs to reprise the role for a Justice League movie.

As for whether or not the Green Lantern character needs to be rebooted, I'm all for Ryan Reynolds coming back. While the Green Lantern movie was disappointing, it wasn't as terrible as many make it out to be. Reynolds was one of the best things about the movie, turning in a very solid performance as Hal Jordan. He was just working with a mediocre script and needed proper directing, both of which can be fixed in Justice League. I wouldn't try making another Lantern movie until you find what works with the character in JL and make him far more likable to the audience (similar to Hulk in The Avengers).

4. Don't Include Cyborg As A Part Of The Lineup.

Cyborg was included as a part of the original Justice League lineup in DC Comics' "New 52" reboot last year. While I don't dislike the character, I have trouble identifying him as a major Justice League member (let alone an original member). I better see him as a part of Teen Titans (probably because I grew up watching the Teen Titans TV series). There are many things that I would take from The New 52's Justice League, but Cyborg is not one of them.

5. Include The Proper Villain(s).

A superhero movie is always complete with the proper villain(s). While The Avengers' Loki was an incredible adversary, his Chitauri army wasn't as much of a threat to Earth's Mightiest Heroes as they should've been (the way they all went down Phantom Menace-style at the end was just distasteful). For Justice League, a truly powerful enemy is needed to bring together the World's Finest Heroes to defend the planet. An alien invasion has already been done in Avengers, so Justice League needs to choose something else. Darkseid would work, so long as he isn't extremely similar to Marvel's Thanos. Perhaps even Lex Luthor's Injustice League could be a good choice. But it has to be a unique choice, and one that'd make sense that it would take many powerful heroes to defeat the villain(s).

6. Take Inspiration From Both "The New 52" And The Justice League Animated Series.

There are plenty of influences that Justice League could use, but two primary sources should be Geoff Johns' first New 52 story arc and the Justice League animated series which aired several years ago. The origin arc for Johns' Justice League isn't perfect, but there are several elements that I would use in a movie (such as Aquaman using sharks to attack enemies, Batman fighting Superman, etc). It gets the basic story down well, with nearly every character (minus Wonder Woman and occasionally Superman) being written well. A tweaked and more expanded version of the story would make an excellent movie.

Another source of inspiration that Justice League should use is the animated series, which aired 2001-2006. The series depicts the characters, their interactions, and the storytelling perfectly. To this day, the DC Animated Universe' take on the League is the definitive version. Taking more than a few cues from the series (even adapting full episodes) would be a very wise decision by WB.

7. Properly Develop Each Character.

Perhaps the most remarkable accomplishment for Marvel's The Avengers (other than the incredibleactionn scenes) was Joss Whedon's ability to properly develop each and every major character, of which there were many. It certainly isn't an easy thing to do. Justice League needs to do the same thing. Don't rush anything. Don't bite off more than you can chew. Don't include more than 6-7 members of the League (I would personally prefer to see the original comic book line-up: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, Flash/Barry Allen, Aquaman and Martian Manhunter) . The Justice League director (whoever it ends up being) should be able to work with ensemble casts and can allow all the characters some time to breathe and to be well developed.

8. Don't Introduce Green Arrow Right Away.

Arrow is one of the better League members, and while I'd love to see Oliver Queen appear in a sequel, I think it would be a wise decision not to include to Emerald Archer in the Justice League's first movie due to the fact that Hawkeye (another archer) was included in The Avengers. Seeing Arrow in the first Justice League movie would lead to audiences getting a been there, done that feeling, which should be avoided as much as possible.

9. Don't Make A S.H.I.E.L.D.-Like Organization Form The Team.

In The Avengers, S.H.I.E.L.D. formed the superhero team when they saw that a universal threat has arrived. In order to keep itself further from Avengers, Justice League shouldn't be formed by any group in the government. I'd prefer if some members met in the middle of the same battle (for example, Superman fighting someone while Batman and/or Green Lantern arrive in Metropolis).

10. Don't Rush The Movie's Development.

This is the thing I most want to see. When it was finally revealed that Justice League had a writer, many were concerned that Warner Bros. were rushing the film just to cash in on The Avengers' huge success. I hope that's not the case. Just as Avengers took years to develop, Justice League needs to be developed over a certain space of time. It's an extremely ambitious project, and one that Warner Bros. can not afford to ruin.
Well a lot of this dudes comments are wrong like grounded, not colorful, etc... some comments where ok though. Your thoughts guys?
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:51 am

webhead2006 wrote:http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=65896
How is it that text you've supposedly copied and pasted has spelling errors absent from the supposed source web page?

Douchebag blogger wrote:1. Feature A Darker/More Grounded Tone.
You know that really successful style and tone that Marvel has demonstrated to be a big hit with audiences for several years now?

Avoid it.

Douchebag blogger wrote:One of the best things about The Dark Knight Trilogy
Part of me wants to cut it all off right here and say that this proves my point for me. Instead...

Douchebag blogger wrote:is its use of a darker/realistic tone to accompany its story.
Chris Nolan's Batman trilogy (I'm not going to use that other fucking title because the character's name is Batman, no matter how self-conscious and insecure Nolan is making movies about them funny-book long underwear characters).

Douchebag blogger wrote:Next year's Man Of Steel looks to have a similar tone (though obviously not as realistic).
Because as we all know, a guy who flies is a lot less realistic than a spoiled rich kid putting on bat ears and dodging hundreds of bullets every night.

Douchebag blogger wrote:From what I can see, this tone can work very well for a DC Cinematic Universe. While clearly it shouldn't be as realistic as Chris Nolan's Batman,
"Because that should only be saved for special occasions... like Chris Nolan's Batman trilogy!! 'Scuse me, I gotta change my underwear now, just speaking the name of the most brilliant and visionary director of all time gets me hot and bothered."

Douchebag blogger wrote:2. Don't Be As Colorful As The Avengers.
You know that really successful style and tone that Marvel has demonstrated to be a big hit with audiences for several years now?

Avoid it.

Douchebag blogger wrote:3. Focus On Continuity Begun By Man Of Steel And Green Lantern.
Well, he's half right. But then, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Douchebag blogger wrote:4. Don't Include Cyborg As A Part Of The Lineup.

Cyborg was included as a part of the original Justice League lineup in DC Comics' "New 52" reboot last year. While I don't dislike the character, I have trouble identifying him as a major Justice League member (let alone an original member). I better see him as a part of Teen Titans (probably because I grew up watching the Teen Titans TV series).
Teen Titans ran from 2003 to 2006. Let's give him the benefit of every possible doubt and assume he means he saw the episodes on their initial broadcast when he was 12 years old since the day of the premiere.

That would make him 21 right now.

And I'm supposed to give his opinion any kind of credibility.

And the fact that he references the Titans TV show rather than, y'know, the fucking comics speaks VOLUMES to me. Probably a lot more than he intended.

Douchebag blogger wrote:There are many things that I would take from The New 52's Justice League,
Again... volumes. And, again, probably a lot more than he intended.

Douchebag blogger wrote:his Chitauri army wasn't as much of a threat to Earth's Mightiest Heroes as they should've been
They were cannon fodder, you ignorant fuck. LOKI was the threat to the Avengers and the Chitauri were the threat to the world.

Douchebag blogger wrote:(the way they all went down Phantom Menace-style at the end was just distasteful).
Ooh, slamming on George Lucas! How inventive. Here's a tip, junior. Don't insult your betters. It embarrasses you and annoys me.

Douchebag blogger wrote:There are plenty of influences that Justice League could use, but two primary sources should be Geoff Johns' first New 52 story arc
I've written (and maintain) that the first story arc in The New 52 JLA is brainless action fest. I do not, however, believe such a paper thin storyline should be adapted into a film.

Douchebag blogger wrote:Another source of inspiration that Justice League should use is the animated series, which aired 2001-2006.
"I like an animated series called Justice League Unlimited, conceived by Bruce Timm and Paul Dini. You've probably never heard of it."

Hipster douchebag.

Douchebag blogger wrote:Perhaps the most remarkable accomplishment for Marvel's The Avengers (other than the incredibleactionn scenes) was Joss Whedon's ability to properly develop each and every major character, of which there were many.
No. He didn't. Whedon took characters and conflicts that audiences were already familiar with from the other movies and brought them into his movie. The majority of the character arcs in Avengers are parasitic of that which has come before.

Oddly enough, there is precedent for something like this. In these things called "comic books", there once was a Justice League of America series written by Grant Morrison. 99% of the character development took place in the characters individual titles. Morrison merely took those established characters and put them into conflict with one another in his book. Good as his stories are, they stand on the shoulders of giants.

Fuck this guy, I can't even stomach the rest of it.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:30 pm

That's why I just ignore them, they're full of it. Folks who believe what works for one thing will work for everything else don't deserve the time. THE DARK KNIGHT RISES and THE AVENGERS are both successful for different reasons and neither would have worked if they tried emulating something else purely because "it's the thing to do". The only thing the new MAN OF STEEL seems to have in common with Nolan's Batman films is that it takes the material seriously in a sincere manner. Going by the CC trailer, there doesn't seem to be an emphasis on making the series more grounded, darker, grittier and realistic. You can only go so far with what the material allows you.

The best possible tone for a JLA film is... what we got in the Bruce Timm JLA series. It was a serious and mature effort, with it's occasional humorous episodes (Flash and Luthor switching bodies was a real hoot!). Snyder's film seems to be going that route, albeit with a different style as far as camera work goes.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:56 pm

Lobo to appear in justice league:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=66855
JakeLester Home : News : Videos : Pictures : Polls : Contact

EXCLUSIVE: Warner Brothers Kicking Around The Idea Of Using LOBO In JUSTICE LEAGUE

Recently the only Justice League movie news we have been getting is who may or may not be directing the movie,but it seems that Warner Brothers might be looking to amp up the story by including Lobo. WaylonJones - 9/6/2012

Warner Brothers is going to be looking to get the most bang for their buck when they finally get around to producing a Justice League movie. A while back I reported to you that DC will be working towards a shared universe with their next film, Man Of Steel. The Justice League film is said to bring DC Comics all-stars such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, and Green Lantern together on the big screen. However, there might be one name added to the list. According to my source Warner Brothers is tossing around the idea of including Lobo in the film, that Will Beall is currently writing. It has not been disclosed whether or not Lobo would help or fight the League, but having them in there is sure to please some fans. This would not be a total shocker since they are currently developing a Lobo film with Brad Peyton handling writing and directing duties along with having Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson interested in playing the title character.

Keep in mind this is only in the brainstorming stage at the moment so it is not a done deal, and there is a possibility they may not decide to do it at all. There is currently no timetable on the Lobo project, but WB is wanting to get Justice League off the ground for a 2015 release date so it very well could be before then. For the latest on Lobo and Justice League make sure you check back here at CBM.

webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:09 pm

Shouldn't DARKSEID be the villain? But I guess MARVEL beats them to the punch on that too by using THANOS. Suspect
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:08 am

So funny how the Bros. Warner "think".

NEW 'Justice League of America' Script In The Works - Page 4 Twins

"Duh... da Marbles make da trijillion dollar wit duh Ovengers n dey aint as poopular as duh Juice-us Leaves. mabee we ad duh no poopular peeple lick da Bobo! da peeple wanna c duh no poopular peeplez!!"

"K"

Stuff all the B-List people you want in your film, Bros. Warner. If you rush it, and put out sub-par SHIT, you have NO ONE to blame but YOURSELVES.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alf Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:27 am

non_amos wrote:Shouldn't DARKSEID be the villain? But I guess MARVEL beats them to the punch on that too by using THANOS. Suspect

WB hates Darkseid. Or so I read a while ago, can't remember where. Supposedly someone pitched them a Superman movie with Darkseid, not once but twice (I think an early pitch for Singerman Peeps sequels may have been one such instance) but the studio absolutely hated the idea of Darkseid and the character itself. And Im not the one to blindly believe everything I read on the internet, but since this is WB, I am more than willing to believe this one.

Which has me thinking, MOS was supposed to have Brainiac. Didn't Goyer himself say that in early development (a few months before Snyder was hired) ?? I wonder if they hate Brainiac too...

Aaaanyway, I have zero faith in JLA at this stage. No
Alf
Alf
Dean Cain
Dean Cain

User Reputation : 35

http://www.manofsteel.com

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:20 am

I can't see why they hate darkseidd he is a big supes villain and a big player in the dcu. And he has gotten some good play in animation and sv to a degree. No reason not to use him. And he is a heavy hitter and would work well for jl to battle. Along with his parademons and minions. You got everrything you need for a film there.

As for lobo bit I could see him more just being the muscle/minor threat league deals with. Then being main villain catagory. Hell if they don't want to be compared to avengers with loki/alien invasion plot. They could easily do legion of doom type of story/plot. And have each leaguer villains teaming up. But as a first film I really don't want that. Since if they are gunning forr jl to be next film. We have no build up on villains or the other jlerrs. Which is why I still rrather get ww/flash or someone solo film out first.so we can atleast have a few villains set up and a few heroes set up. So we don't have to waste half the film setting characters up.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:39 pm

Well look at this rumor:
http://www.batman-on-film.com/BATMAN-REBOOTED_will-JL-be-its-own-thing_9-13-12.html
Will JUSTICE LEAGUE Be Its Own Thing? Posted by: Jett September 13, 2012

Question: Could a JUSTICE LEAGUE movie be set within it’s own continuity and universe without any tie-ins to future DC Comics-based solo films?

Rumor has it that Warner Bros. has at least considered the possibility, according to a longtime film industry insider “FOBOF.”

Remember, that JUSTICE LEAGUE: MORTAL film that was shut down (right before filming was to begin) was going to be outside of the continuities of both BATMAN BEGINS and SUPERMAN RETURNS and feature a Batman and Superman NOT played by Christian Bale and Brandon Routh respectively. Might Warner Bros. be thinking of going that route with this new, Will Beall-scripted project?

On one hand, potential solo films based on DC characters wouldn’t be beholden to a JL film -- like a sequel to MAN OF STEEL or the eventual Batman on film reboot. On the other, it might be both confusing and detrimental to have more than one live-action version of these character appearing in films virtually at the same time. Unless they’re planning on going MoCap/CGI with a JUSTICE LEAGUE movie (an idea that I actually support), then I’m not too keen on seeing SuperMEN, BatMEN or WonderWOMEN on film, UNLESS they are all QUALITY projects. Hell, it's certainly a way for fans to have their cake and eat it too.

It's going to be interesting to see what Warner Bros. does with its DC Comics properties over the next few years. Stay tuned!
Well this would be a stupid idea. Works for cartoons/dtvs since we know right up front each thing is its own thing. But this would be a bad move to do in live action film area. What would be the point in doing solo films/adventures when actors we grow to love/hate in solo stuff are not in team up films. When you can be like marvel and tie everyone down to a multi film deal. And work on combining things. Really hope wb are not stupid enough to do this.

webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:57 pm

Jett, being the Nolan proctologist that he is, would naturally want the movies to exist in separate continuities. Why? I've read him on record many times saying he only wants Batman an immaculate universe without other heroes. He specifically criticized trappings of the JLA (outer space, aliens, etc).

The goal post seems to keep moving. He initially opposed the Batman/Superman film because he wanted individual franchises set up first. Then he opposed Justice League: Mortal because Nolan and Singer still had work to do. Now he opposes it... well, fuck it, he opposes it because he was never hip to the idea of Batman in a shared universe to begin with.

Jett can fuck off as far as I'm concerned.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:35 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Jett, being the Nolan proctologist that he is, would naturally want the movies to exist in separate continuities. Why? I've read him on record many times saying he only wants Batman an immaculate universe without other heroes. He specifically criticized trappings of the JLA (outer space, aliens, etc).

Because, of course, NONE of that has EVER been in a Batman comic book, right?

NEW 'Justice League of America' Script In The Works - Page 4 Vrekxh

The goal post seems to keep moving. He initially opposed the Batman/Superman film because he wanted individual franchises set up first. Then he opposed Justice League: Mortal because Nolan and Singer still had work to do. Now he opposes it... well, fuck it, he opposes it because he was never hip to the idea of Batman in a shared universe to begin with.

Which is funny that only HIS "sources" have come out with this rumor. Again. After the rumor about Batman being reintroduced in a 'JLA' film.

Very convenient timing, 'eh?

Jett can fuck off as far as I'm concerned.

You mean that pathetic Nolanite/Apologist?

You have to wonder what his life is all about now that BOTH of those "franchises" are dead. I mean, his life had to have been pretty sad the least 8 or 9 years, and that was WITH these films coming out. But now?

Hoo-BOY.....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next