Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW 'Justice League of America' Script In The Works

+6
Father Finian
thecolorsblend
Comicbookfan-V2
webhead2006
Apologist Puncher
non_amos
10 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

NEW 'Justice League of America' Script In The Works - Page 2 Empty Re: NEW 'Justice League of America' Script In The Works

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:04 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:The funny thing is that back in the old days of the Marvel vs. DC pissing match, the argument was always that Marvel has a genuine SHARED universe while DC had zillions of alternate realities.

It seems funny that the movie adaptations struggle from the same problems.

You know, I was thinking about this "separate universe" JLA thing, and came to a conclusion as to WHY they might do it:

The Bros. Warner can say "See, we AREN'T copying Marvel Studios! We are doing something DIFFERENT!!!!"

And that is a fucking stupid reason to do this.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

NEW 'Justice League of America' Script In The Works - Page 2 Empty Re: NEW 'Justice League of America' Script In The Works

Post  Father Finian Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:44 am

And just when you think we're all past the Welling vs Routh wars, here they go again! And now you can throw Cavill into the mix.

I've already noticed a few sheep around the place STILL hoping Ruth would make a reappearance. I'd imagine Welling would've moved on, but "Ruth gotta eat". I bet his "people" are on the phone already.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:10 am

And to think the executives from Warner Bros. studios might of aleast take a page from the Marvel studios playbook but nooo!!! I guess the powers that be from Warner Bros. just never learn to think right out of the box! Infact this is why DC Entertainment should take full control of this kind of stuff!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:33 am

Man it blows wb still not making the right calls.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:54 am

Father Finian wrote:And just when you think we're all past the Welling vs Routh wars, here they go again! And now you can throw Cavill into the mix.

I've already noticed a few sheep around the place STILL hoping Ruth would make a reappearance. I'd imagine Welling would've moved on, but "Ruth gotta eat". I bet his "people" are on the phone already.

I'm with you. I would hope I don't have to prove my SV fandom (or my desire to see Welling star in a Superman movie) to anybody. I also hope I don't have to prove my Singerman hatred either.

All of this to say... seriously, how many times do those two need to lose out on the role before people get with the program?

I don't care what anybody says, for consistency's sake, if nothing else, Cavill should star as Superman in the Justice League of America movie. Let's embrace reality, people. Denial is for the Apologists.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:39 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:And to think the executives from Warner Bros. studios might of aleast take a page from the Marvel studios playbook but nooo!!! I guess the powers that be from Warner Bros. just never learn to think right out of the box! Infact this is why DC Entertainment should take full control of this kind of stuff!

Wow, someone can't read.....

Apologist Puncher wrote:You know, I was thinking about this "separate universe" JLA thing, and came to a conclusion as to WHY they might do it:

The Bros. Warner can say "See, we AREN'T copying Marvel Studios! We are doing something DIFFERENT!!!!"

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:40 pm

Father Finian wrote:And just when you think we're all past the Welling vs Routh wars, here they go again! And now you can throw Cavill into the mix.

Once his shit-fest "Dylan Does Dogs" bombs it's way out of theaters, he is done for good.

And I for one can't wait.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:40 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Wow, someone can't read.....
Apologist Puncher wrote:You know, I was thinking about this "separate universe" JLA thing, and came to a conclusion as to WHY they might do it:

I'D PACIFICLY STATED THAT THEY SHOULD FOLLOW MARVEL'S EXAMPLE OTHER THAN DOING SOMETHING DIFFERENT, WHICH WE ALL KNOW THAT IS SOMETHING THAT THEIR NOT DOING!!! DOES THAT QUALIFY AS NOT READING TO YOU?

Last edited by Comicbookfan-V2 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:51 pm; edited 3 times in total
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:45 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:I'D PACIFICLY STATED THAT THEY SHOULD FOLLOW MARVEL'S EXAMPLE OTHER THAN DOING SOMETHING DIFFERENT, WHICH WE ALL KNOW IS SOMETHING THAT THEIR NOT DOING!!! DOES THAT QUALIFY AS NOT READING TO YOU?

Pacificly? As in the ocean?
NEW 'Justice League of America' Script In The Works - Page 2 Pacific_ocean_image_t1677

You are one waaaay out there moron.

Anyway, no one should advocate them COPYING Marvel Studios, and instead copy what DC Comics has been doing for DECADES: Mixing their characters together.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:50 am

thecolorsblend wrote:I don't care what anybody says, for consistency's sake, if nothing else, Cavill should star as Superman in the Justice League of America movie. Let's embrace reality, people. Denial is for the Apologists.

I think you're right. At some point they need to put a lid on this. The role of Superman is becoming a revolving door.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:53 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:

Once his shit-fest "Dylan Does Dogs" bombs it's way out of theaters, he is done for good.

And I for one can't wait.

When is that released over there? Bring it on and get him over and done with. I'm sure he won't be missed.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:43 am

Father Finian wrote:When is that released over there? Bring it on and get him over and done with. I'm sure he won't be missed.
I had no idea so I checked out Wikipedia. To answer your question, it "comes out" (if we can use that term in reference to a BJ Routh movie) on 04.29.2011 in the good ol' US of A.

Even so, I wouldn't expect this thing to make too much of an impact though. Italian critics haven't been all that kind. Per Wikipedia:

Various Italian critics wrote:Reception
In Italy

Luca Raffaelli (la Repubblica), after watching the movie said "it's a good B-movie inspired to a great top-league European comic", and points out that the character of Brandon Routh "is void" while the original comic character "uses the horror to talk about modern society problems".[6]

Roberto Castrogiovanni (www.Movieplayer.it) tries not to compare the movie and the original comic, but still "not everything is perfect", and the biggest problem is "the starting plot and the development of the screenplay": the plot is predictable, dialogues are the usual stereotypes, and the main character is just the usual American action-man.[7]

Federica Aliano (www.Film.it) heavily criticized the movie, saying "it's far worse than any bad expectation" and highlighted the big difference with the original comic: "the mature feeling of Tiziano Sclavi's masterpiece is never achieved by using splatter and beautiful images, but by using psychological introspection and by projecting into reality the nightmares and fears of characters and readers".[8]

Federico Gironi (Coming Soon Television) refers to the movie without comparing it to the original comic, and notices many similarities with Underworld, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and True Blood, that make the movie "like baby food, good for an extremely young target without a deep sense of criticism", although the director "avoids to disappoint the audience and gets a couple of good gags".[9]

Negative reception also comes from Marco Lucio Papaleo (www.Everyeye.it), who gives the movie an overall score of 5 out of 10. "Technically Dylan Dog: Dead of Night is not bad, and sometimes even interesting. But it is not Dylan Dog. And even if all the names were changed, it would just be a nice movie, but actually already seen and useless".

From the sounds of it, Dylan Dog would be lucky to hit even Sucker Punch numbers. Yep, oh yeah, "2006's Biggest Star" strikes again. Yeesh...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

NEW 'Justice League of America' Script In The Works - Page 2 Empty RE: 'Justice League' Script In The workks

Post  non_amos Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:09 am

Interestingly, while watching a rerun of Supernatural last night (Fringe was a rerun too), there was a Dylan Dog commercial, I'd say somewhere around the 40 minute mark give or take. It was pretty much clips that we've already seen online, but the 1st scene they showed was of the 'topless BJ'. Gee, wonder why they did that? Wink

I don't know enough about the actual comic to say anything about that but the look of this is.....meh. Sam Worthington, who played 'Jimmy' & baked cakes for Clark in Singerman is also in this film, like BJ's sidekick, who becomes his zombie sidekick, but all's cool, right? Rolling Eyes

If you want a good, funny horror spoof, check out SHAUN OF THE DEAD. It's a British film & EVERYONE has British accents so it's hard at times for me to know exactly what they're trying to say due to their 'slang' but otherwise it's a good take on this type of material. It also stars Simon Pegg who went on to play 'Scotty' on JJ Abrams Star Trek reboot.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:54 pm

non_amos wrote:Interestingly, while watching a rerun of Supernatural last night (Fringe was a rerun too), there was a Dylan Dog commercial, I'd say somewhere around the 40 minute mark give or take. It was pretty much clips that we've already seen online, but the 1st scene they showed was of the 'topless BJ'. Gee, wonder why they did that? Wink

Glad I missed it....

I don't know enough about the actual comic to say anything about that but the look of this is.....meh. Sam Worthington, who played 'Jimmy' & baked cakes for Clark in Singerman is also in this film, like BJ's sidekick, who becomes his zombie sidekick, but all's cool, right? Rolling Eyes

The only other film I saw Worthington in was 'Not Another Teen Movie'. So if his career goes down in flames alongside BJ's, I won't cry.

If you want a good, funny horror spoof, check out SHAUN OF THE DEAD. It's a British film & EVERYONE has British accents so it's hard at times for me to know exactly what they're trying to say due to their 'slang' but otherwise it's a good take on this type of material. It also stars Simon Pegg who went on to play 'Scotty' on JJ Abrams Star Trek reboot.

Loved it since I saw it years ago. 'Hot Fuzz' too, and I plan on seeing 'Paul' JUST for Pegg & Frost.

Those guys together are comedy gold.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:27 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:The only other film I saw Worthington in was 'Not Another Teen Movie'. So if his career goes down in flames alongside BJ's, I won't cry.
He had a two or three episode (or something like that) run on the first season of Veronica Mars (great show, btw, may it rest in peace). I thought he was kind of funny in that. Read somewhere that he and Aaron Ashmore were roommates for a while. Two Jimmy Olsens under the same roof...

Loved it since I saw it years ago. 'Hot Fuzz' too, and I plan on seeing 'Paul' JUST for Pegg & Frost.

Couldn't agree more.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:20 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:He had a two or three episode (or something like that) run on the first season of Veronica Mars (great show, btw, may it rest in peace). I thought he was kind of funny in that. Read somewhere that he and Aaron Ashmore were roommates for a while. Two Jimmy Olsens under the same roof...

That show cried "Chloe Sullivan Rip-Off In Progress" every time I saw a commercial, down to the hairstyle and clothing. So I never watched it.

Couldn't agree more.

I'm planning on buying the entire series 'Spaced', just to see Pegg and Frost.

It's pretty cheap on Amazon.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:41 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:

Couldn't agree more.

Yeah. I've got to get you guys into the new "Doctor Who"

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:47 pm

Father Finian wrote:Yeah. I've got to get you guys into the new "Doctor Who"

What did he get his PhD in?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:29 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:
Father Finian wrote:Yeah. I've got to get you guys into the new "Doctor Who"

What did he get his PhD in?

Time Travel and English humour

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:31 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Veronica Mars (great show, btw, may it rest in peace)
Apologist Puncher wrote:That show cried "Chloe Sullivan Rip-Off In Progress" every time I saw a commercial, down to the hairstyle and clothing. So I never watched it.
I can see that. But no. Once you accept that Veronica could find Jimmy Hoffa if she were to put her mind to it, it's a great show.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:25 pm

Father Finian wrote:Time Travel and English humour

Interesting combination. Has he been practicing long?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:21 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:
Father Finian wrote:Time Travel and English humour

Interesting combination. Has he been practicing long?

Only since 1963.

Pegg appeared in an episode a few years back.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:32 pm

Father Finian wrote:[Only since 1963.

Pegg appeared in an episode a few years back.

Will my HMO work with him, or will I have to switch to a PPO?

And check this out. HI-LARIOUS:

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:23 am

He's a nut! Funny stuff.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:38 am

Father Finian wrote:He's a nut! Funny stuff.

"Are we actually fighting?"

"I DON'T KNOW!"

"Weeeoooooo"

Love it.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next