Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bizarro In Reboot?

+2
webhead2006
Apologist Puncher
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bizarro In Reboot?  Empty Bizarro In Reboot?

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:55 pm

Doubt it.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=32284

Did Zack Snyder Hint At 'Bizarro' Appearing In Superman: Man Of Steel?

In an lengthy video interview, Sucker Punch director Zack Snyder hints at the possibility of a character "referred" to as 'Superman' appearing in The Man Of Steel reboot! Check it out!

Promoting his action, fantasy, thriller Sucker Punch in a lengthy video interview with JAKE'S TAKES, Zack Snyder, director of Warner Bros' Superman reboot, cleverly hints at a certain character appearing in the film familiar to the comics.

Discusses potential elements from his previous films that'll have some affect on Superman at the three-minute mark, Snyder begins "hinting" near the four-minute mark, so check the video out below.

"There could be a character in the movie that other people might refer to as 'Superman'"

Evidently, while 'Bizarro' may be a stretch, in the comics, via Wiki, the character was created by writer Otto Binder and artist George Papp as a "mirror image" of Superman in 1958. And Since then various iterations of Bizarro have appeared - often, but not always, as an antagonist to Superman. What do you think?

Anyhow, with Henry Cavill playing Clark Kent, and parented by actors Diane Lane & Kevin Costner as "Ma" & "Pa" Kent, Superman: Man Of Steel is slated for theaters December 2012! And special thanks to ElijahV for the tip, and Rudyao for the art.

I think this is more proof that General Zod is the villain. Same powers as Superman? Check. Possibly showing himself publicly BEFORE Kal-El does per story rumors? Check. Being "super", even if it's not for good? Check.

It's going to be Zod.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Bizarro In Reboot?  Empty Re: Bizarro In Reboot?

Post  webhead2006 Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:36 pm

Haha saw the rumor earlier too. Would be interesting. But ya doubtful he would be used. And if he was I rather do him in sequel.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:03 am

Ya know, I would usually oppose the idea of doing a Zod storyline in general, but esp for an origin. But then, Snyder's caught between a rock and a hard place. The public is obviously as sick of seeing Superman have showdowns with regular humans as I am. They want to see Superman really open up on somebody just like we all do. In giving us that, and acknowledging that Superman's rogue's gallery is fairly limited, Snyder's setting his aim on Zod, whom the general moviegoing public hasn't really seen since S2.

To put it another way, Singer wasted the chance to do a real "introduction" storyline with Superman up against Lex and then building towards something bigger in a sequel with that Singerman shit so now Snyder has to hit the ground running in his movie.

Yet ANOTHER thing Singer needs to answer for, the fucking hack.

Last edited by thecolorsblend on Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:30 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Ya know, I would usually oppose the idea of doing a Zod storyline in general, but esp for an origin. But then, Snyder's caught between a rock and a hard place. The public is obviously as sick of seeing Superman have showdowns with regular humans as I am. They want to see Superman really open up on somebody just like we all do. In giving us that, and acknowledging that Superman's rogue's gallery is fairly limited, Snyder's setting his aim on Zod, whom the general moviegoing public hasn't really seen since S2.

To put it another way, Singer wasted the chance to do a real "introduction" storyline with Superman up against Lex and then building towards something bigger in a sequel with that Singerman shit so now Snyder has to hit the ground running in his movie.

Yet ANOTHER thing Singer needs to answer, the fucking hack.

Honestly, out of all the characters that Superman can get "physical" with, Zod is the SAFEST bet. Is it the best bet? Maybe not. But it IS safe.

People are semi-familiar with Zod from Superman II and Smallville. Not to mention those familiar with both those AND the comics. But Metallo? Brainiac? You are cutting those numbers down by a 1/3, and possibly 2/3. The Bros. Warner are trying to make as much money as they can off this film, thanks in large part to BS and his Singerman debacle, and are going to try and go for a character with the MOST "familiarity". After Lex Luthor, they figure it's General Zod. Superman can fight him, WB can make action figures of him, and it will appeal to action film fans who aren't really comic book fans.

Count on Zod.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:41 am

Oh, no doubt about that. It's the smart play under the circumstances. I just resent the necessity of it, that's all.

If we'd gotten the reboot we SHOULD have gotten back in 2006, none of this shit would be happening. Hell, if anything WB probably would've pulled rank on Nolan and we'd likely be gearing up for JLA right now instead of crossing our fingers and hoping for the best with Zack Snyder.

It's staggering to think about just how much Bryan Singer fucked up with his shitty film. I hate reopening that can of worms but it just irritates the piss out of me just thinking about it.

Even so, there are significant upshots here. For starters, who among us hasn't wanted to Superman really throw with a supervillain? None of that sissy-mary kicking and such the Reeve franchise specialized in. None of that pacifistic "protector" bullshit that Singer invented.

Just a Superman ready, willing and able to knock the bad guy into the middle of next week and make him say "thank you" when he arrives on the other side.

Last edited by thecolorsblend on Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:48 am

I don't dispute a thing you said, and in fact you know I agree. I just want this film to start shooting so I know whether I'm going to get a sissy-slap in the face again, or a Superman film I can watch. Repeatedly.

So far, it feels like the latter. But this thing is FAR from over....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:25 am

I so agree with you guys. Man sr screwed up so much.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Bizarro In Reboot?  Empty RE: Bizarro In Reboot?

Post  non_amos Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 pm

I haven't watched all of that Snyder 'Sucker Punch' vid yet but I did listen for the comments in question. I'm not so sure he's referring to Zod. I'll explain.

Sure, if someone saw someone from a distance performing 'super-feats', they might initially think it's Superman but once they saw him, they'd know it wasn't. Zod wouldn't look like Superman or be dressed like him so people would know the difference. However, if Zod is in the film, will they go with the Terrance Stamp look or will they go with the original comics look, i.e., almost like a double for Lex Luthor in a green military uniform? Who knows?

Bizarro could be mistaken for Superman because he'd be dressed liked Superman. However, upon closer inspection, he'd look like a 'zombie' in a Superman outfit! Nevertheless I suppose Snyder could be being 'cryptic' & doing a play on words but I suppose Bizarro could be a more likely scenario.

One other scenario has there being a 'doppelganger' of sorts. Just think along these lines: SUPERBOY-PRIME, ULTRAMAN (Earth-3 version), ERADICATOR (Reign of the Supermen version), CYBORG-SUPERMAN (Reign of the Supermen version), or for my own part, 'wishful thinking', like Superman meeting his Earth-2 or Kingdom Come counterpart. However, I suppose I shouldn't get my hopes up for 'other dimensions' because that would probably just confuse the audience, like BACK TO THE FUTURE 2 did with it's 'time paradoxes'. Nevertheless the idea of Superman having to rid Earth of someone like an out-of-control SUPERBOY-PRIME might not be a bad idea.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:15 pm

I don't think it's a case of people "mistaking" Zod for Superman. It's that Zod will be doing "Superman-ly" things, and that's why he said what he said.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:17 am

Some how I doubt that Bizzaro will ever be seen on film, considering the fact that he's a B-lister! If Snyder is smart and I'm pretty sure he is he'll have Bizzaro's name crossed from the "Villains for Superman film series" list and just stick to bringing on some A-listers! BTW I still say he's should bring on Metallo for a first starter and just bring on Zod in future sequels and oh yeah, Brainiac too!

Last edited by Comicbookfan-V2 on Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:27 am; edited 3 times in total
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:38 am

Personally I don't think its impossible for bizarro to happen. Just ya I don't see it for this film. If they go the clone of superman take of the character. Would be a great secondary plotline they can do with luthor in film series. For me a character like mxy and maybe toyman are less likely choices.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:01 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Some how I doubt that Bizzaro will ever be seen on film, considering the fact that he's a B-lister! If Snyder is smart and I'm pretty sure he is he'll have Bizzaro's name crossed from the "Villains for Superman film series" list and just stick to bringing on some A-listers! BTW I still say he's should bring on Metallo for a first starter and just bring on Zod in future sequels and oh yeah, Brainiac too!

Bizarro In Reboot?  Herp-derp
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:43 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Some how I doubt that Bizzaro will ever be seen on film, considering the fact that he's a B-lister! If Snyder is smart and I'm pretty sure he is he'll have Bizzaro's name crossed from the "Villains for Superman film series" list and just stick to bringing on some A-listers! BTW I still say he's should bring on Metallo for a first starter and just bring on Zod in future sequels and oh yeah, Brainiac too!
Whoa, slow down there, chuckles. You think Bizarro is a B-lister? Well, I would disagree with that but whatever.

But... you're advocating Metallo? Really?? There's some serious pathos going with Bizarro, a sort of Frankenstein metaphor. But Metallo is a low-level thug with a Kryptonite heart. Yeah, you can do shit with the character but I couldn't picture him carrying a film's narrative requirements. At least, not by himself.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  gadhero Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Actually I would love to see Zod with todays special effects. They could make the showdown between Superman and Zod even better then the Captain Marvel fight from the cartoons as they both have the same powers but Zod's more experienced/ruthless.

I see Bizzaro as additional muscle to smart villain like Like Lex or Ras Al Ghul in a crossover.

gadhero
Kirk Alyn
Kirk Alyn

User Reputation : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:49 pm

Bizarro would be good for a "Lex Heavy" Superman movie. Like you said about Metallo, Bizarro can't carry a film on his own. But include a more vocal villain, and Bizarro would be great as a silent "Frankenstein's Monster" type foe for Superman.

The only people who don't think he can work lack creativity and brain-cells.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:54 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Bizarro would be good for a "Lex Heavy" Superman movie. Like you said about Metallo, Bizarro can't carry a film on his own. But include a more vocal villain, and Bizarro would be great as a silent "Frankenstein's Monster" type foe for Superman.

Hey, I don't disagree with that. You run with the comics version of Bizarro, yeah, the above absolutely applies.

But what's retarded is saying that Bizarro is strictly B-list while also arguing that somehow Metallo is some mega villain. Well, um, they're both weak sauce as far as characters go so I wouldn't say one is vastly superior to the other... but at least Bizarro has the Frankenstein thing you could run with.

Incidentally, I really dug the SV version of Bizarro. No, that sure as shit is not the comics version but I dug it all the same and that version (or something similar) can carry a movie.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:01 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Hey, I don't disagree with that. You run with the comics version of Bizarro, yeah, the above absolutely applies.

But what's retarded is saying that Bizarro is strictly B-list while also arguing that somehow Metallo is some mega villain. Well, um, they're both weak sauce as far as characters go so I wouldn't say one is vastly superior to the other... but at least Bizarro has the Frankenstein thing you could run with.

I actually have an idea in my head for a Superman film with BOTH of those characters that would have an EPIC end-fight.

Why? Because I'M creative, and not a moron like the idiot who said one was better than the other.

Incidentally, I really dug the SV version of Bizarro. No, that sure as shit is not the comics version but I dug it all the same and that version (or something similar) can carry a movie.

I don't know about that. He was very 'Rain Man', and I don't know how you make that last for 2+ hours without it getting "old".
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gadhero Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:04 pm

I've only seen Metallo in SMBM Public Enemies. And don't realy like the Kryptonite heart thing so I prefer Bizarro.

gadhero
Kirk Alyn
Kirk Alyn

User Reputation : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:12 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Bizarro would be good for a "Lex Heavy" Superman movie. Like you said about Metallo, Bizarro can't carry a film on his own. But include a more vocal villain, and Bizarro would be great as a silent "Frankenstein's Monster" type foe for Superman.

I wouldn't mind Bizarro done right. However, if it's a 'Lex-heavy' storyline, I fear it'd be compared to 'SUPERMAN IV:THE QUEST FOR PEACE'.

I know the 'Silver Age' Bizarro had Bizarro being from a goofy SQUARE planet, complete with 'Bizarro-Lois', etc. Not to mention that he talked like the HULK. However, I also know that John Byrne did a different take with his 'reboot', which I believe was a clone that Luthor created with Superman's DNA. That was 1986.

The problem though is that the next year, in 1987, Superman 4 was released & guess what, Luthor made a 'clone' out of Superman's DNA, only it wasn't Bizarro, it was NUCLEAR MAN, & for a clone he looked nothing like Superman! Only in the deleted scenes is there really a 'Bizarro-like' character but that's so goofy it's pathetic. And Superman 4 barely made any box office & set in motion the next 19 years & we got what, SINGERMAN?!

This is why I say I wouldn't mind Bizarro but done right. I don't want this film to be accused of 'ripping off' the plot for Superman 4. And which version would they use? The square-planet alien or the clone? Probably the clone but of course, it'd have to have Luthor as well, which ain't such a bad thing.....if done right.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:24 pm

Um, dude, it'd be news to 99% of people living today that Superman IV even exists. I don't think we have to worry about comparisons there. But even if there were comparisons... so what?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:44 pm

non_amos wrote:I wouldn't mind Bizarro done right. However, if it's a 'Lex-heavy' storyline, I fear it'd be compared to 'SUPERMAN IV:THE QUEST FOR PEACE'.

I know the 'Silver Age' Bizarro had Bizarro being from a goofy SQUARE planet, complete with 'Bizarro-Lois', etc. Not to mention that he talked like the HULK. However, I also know that John Byrne did a different take with his 'reboot', which I believe was a clone that Luthor created with Superman's DNA. That was 1986.

The problem though is that the next year, in 1987, Superman 4 was released & guess what, Luthor made a 'clone' out of Superman's DNA, only it wasn't Bizarro, it was NUCLEAR MAN, & for a clone he looked nothing like Superman! Only in the deleted scenes is there really a 'Bizarro-like' character but that's so goofy it's pathetic. And Superman 4 barely made any box office & set in motion the next 19 years & we got what, SINGERMAN?!

This is why I say I wouldn't mind Bizarro but done right. I don't want this film to be accused of 'ripping off' the plot for Superman 4. And which version would they use? The square-planet alien or the clone? Probably the clone but of course, it'd have to have Luthor as well, which ain't such a bad thing.....if done right.

Which is why I said this:

"Now, I hurt people". "Destroy Superman". Nuclear Man was ANYTHING but SILENT.

'Smallville' used Bizarro without worrying about 'Superman IV', didn't they?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:03 pm

'Smallville' used Bizarro without worrying about 'Superman IV', didn't they?

Yeah, but it was a totally different take. 'Bizarro' turned out to be a phantom from the Phantom Zone, a failed Kryptonian experiment. But yeah, that episode rocked!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:08 pm

non_amos wrote:Yeah, but it was a totally different take. 'Bizarro' turned out to be a phantom from the Phantom Zone, a failed Kryptonian experiment. But yeah, that episode rocked!

Actually, substitute "Kryptonian" with "Lex Luthor", and it's not so different from this:
Bizarro In Reboot?  1274211930-18101-0

Which is the type of Bizarro that would work on the big-screen.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:00 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:The only people who don't think he can work lack creativity and brain-cells.
Apologist Puncher wrote:Why? Because I'M creative, and not a moron like the idiot who said one was better than the other.

Oh boy, I should have known this was coming!!! Rolling Eyes

Oh course, for those who have seen "Superman: TAS" Metallo was way above the low level thug that was portrayed in the comics! And using him would be a chance to actually use Kryptonite in the film with the edition of Lex being fully involved!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:49 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Oh boy, I should have known this was coming!!! Rolling Eyes

Oh course, for those who have seen "Superman: TAS" Metallo was way above the low level thug that was portrayed in the comics! And using him would be a chance to actually use Kryptonite in the film with the edition of Lex being fully involved!

Bizarro In Reboot?  Derp2
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next