Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Daredevil Film in the works?

4 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

New Daredevil Film in the works? - Page 4 Empty Re: New Daredevil Film in the works?

Post  webhead2006 Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:09 am

Some DD rights issue:
http://m.ign.com/articles/2012/08/14/daredevil-reportedly-returning-to-marvel
Daredevil Reportedly Returning to Marvel No rights extension for Fox. August 14, 2012

by Jim Vejvoda

So it appears that yesterday's speculation is true that Foxis letting the screen rights to Daredevil revert back to Marvel rather than either hurry a film into production to meet the Oct. 10 deadline or give up any Fantastic Four characters in order to extend that deadline.

How to Make a Daredevil Movie Not Suck

Deadline and Variety both report that Foxis going to let the Daredevil rights lapse and just focus on rebooting Fantastic Four (with Chronicle's Josh Trank) and making X-Men/Wolverine movies. Daredevil is the second character to revert back to Marvel since Disney bought the company (Punisher and Blade have already returned to the fold).

Interestingly enough,Variety says Foxstill holds the rights to Daredevil's love interest Elektra,who was in the 2003 Daredevil movie and got her own self-titled 2005 solo flick.

No word on whether director Joe Carnahan,who tweeted his pessimism last night about his hopes for rebooting Daredevil as a '70s-style crime thriller, will still get a chance to direct the film once it returns to Marvel after October 10.

Carnahan tweeted today: "Guys. To clarify. DD pitch was tremendous and everyone flipped for it. The clock ticked down at Fox,that's why it went tits up."
Well again great dd is going back to marvel. But fox still holding elektra doesn't make sense. Since she falls under dd rights. So I don't know what's up with that.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

New Daredevil Film in the works? - Page 4 Empty Re: New Daredevil Film in the works?

Post  webhead2006 Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:04 pm

Joe carnahan sizzle reels on his daredevil take:

Talking on The Radio Dan Show today (transcribed by our friends over at Collider), The A-Team's Joe Carnahan has talked more about his plans for a Daredevilmoviee with 20th Century Fox. However, as the studio failed to reach an agreement Marvel Studios, the rights will now revert to them, making it unlikely that we'll ever see the directors unique take on the character. Fox execs were apparently keen to move ahead with hos take on The Man Without Fear, but there simply wasn't enough time to make it happen before the October deadline. Below, he discusses why there just wasn't enough time to bring his version of Daredevil to the big screen.

"I was brought in pretty late in the game, and my take probably didn’t help matters since they had an existing script. But I just thought that if you were going to do it, this was the way to go. This is the way that intrigued me...It was initially something I passed on because Christopher Nolan had done such a lovely job with Batman and unless you’re going to go after that trilogy, then that’s how you have to think. You can’t out-hurdle that, then what’s the point of trying? So it set the bar extraordinarily high, and I thought ‘Well, if we’re going to do this, let’s have a discussion about Hell’s Kitchen, and how it was really Hell’s Kitchen in the 70s,” so that got me really excited. But as I mentioned, the clock ticking and this kind of October drop-dead date, it wasn’t tenable. And having gone down this road in the past when you’re trying to write something and shoot it at the same time is disastrous, and I think you’d need an adequate amount of time to put that script together in the right way. My brother [Matthew Michael Carnahan (The Kingdom)] was interested in writing it with me, so we’ll see."

While the film was set to be based on Frank Miller's "Born Again", Carnahan's plans to maintain the 1970s setting may have ended up being a controversial decision among some fans (similar to the initial reaction when it was announced that X-Men: First Class would be set in the 1960s). Here Carnahan talks more about why he believes that period would have been a good choice to set the film in.

"As I’m finishing my kind of reimagining of Death Wish, I think the 70s is figuring into my conscious and subconscious mind right now. I think it was the last time music andmoviess were just tremendous. We just cranked out some great stuff. I think that’s why the sizzle reel is able to be kind of abstract because people have such great fondness in their hearts for that decade, particularly the early part of that decade. I’m excited; you know the idea of having Daredevil on top of a building somewhere with the Serpico marquee in the background was enough, that image was enough, for me to want to make the movie."

webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:05 pm

To follow up on the MIA webhead's post...

Newsarama wrote:Kevin Feige Confirms DAREDEVIL Rights at Marvel Studios
By Albert Ching, Newsarama Staff Writer
posted: 23 April 2013 01:01 pm ET

The live-action film rights to Daredevil have indeed reverted back to Marvel Studios, Kevin Feige confirmed to Newsarama.

Speaking with Newsarama Monday at the Iron Man 3 press junket, the Marvel Studios president of production told us at the end of our conversation that, as previously speculated, the Daredevil rights are now under the Disney/Marvel umbrella. We directly asked Feige if the reports that Marvel Studios now had the rights to Daredevil were accurate, to which he replied, "To Daredevil? Yes."

In August, it was reported that previous rights-holder Fox had a deadline of Oct. 10 to put a Daredevil film into production before the rights returned to Marvel, a deadline that then passed. Though it was widely assumed this meant the character was now under Marvel control, no official announcement followed.

In 2003, Fox released the only (to this point) live-action Daredevil film, directed by Mark Steven Johnson and starring Ben Affleck. While Feige told us about the rights reversion, he gave no indication of what, if anything, Marvel Studios has planned for Daredevil at this point.

Keep reading Newsarama for more from our interview with Feige and Iron Man 3 director and co-screenwriter Shane Black.

URL- http://www.newsarama.com/film/kevin-feige-daredevil-marvel-studios.html

I'm fine with this. (A) It moves us another step closer to a New Avengers film and (B) you already know that Marvel will do Daredevil right.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4