Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General news

+2
Apologist Puncher
thecolorsblend
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

General news Empty General news

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:33 am

Felt like we should have a dumping ground for stuff that isn't really worth a thread unto itself.

Comic Book Resources wrote:Next up were a couple of questions about DC heroes in media outside comics. To begin with, one attendee asked if the costumes being planned for the Wonder Woman TV show and the Superman movie would resemble the outfits worn by the heroes in the books.

“I haven’t seen anything on ‘Superman,’" Harras replied. “I’ve seen some sketches for the Wonder Woman costume and I will say this today – there is every intent to make them similar. People do these TV shows and these movies because they love the characters. And with DC being able to work much more closely with Warner Bros, I think you’ll be happy with what comes across.”

This led to another fan asking about the level of involvement DC Comics had with the Superman movie. He cited the fact that Geoff Johns and David Goyer had worked together in the past, and since Goyer is writing the Superman script, the attendee was hoping there was some kind of coordination between the comic and film iterations.

Harras looked to Idelson with a smile and said, “Matt actually spoke with David Goyer this week. He cannot tell you anything.”

Idelson, however, did say that “there’s definitely a connection.” He also assured everyone there that “Geoff and David talk all the time, so there is interaction.”

URL- http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=31169

Hopefully I've satisfactorily demonstrated my loathing for Geoff Johns as a writer. I don't see his participation in Snyder's film to necessarily be a good thing. He's done well for himself in SV, where, push comes to shove, he's ultimately just another writer who has to work within the established framework (which I'm sure just kills the reboot-happy motherfucker) but when he's in a position to call the shots on any level, better watch the fuck out.

So no, I don't see this as a good thing.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

General news Empty Re: General news

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:56 pm

General news ApocalypseNow
"I love a good non-story in the morning...."
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:45 pm

Diane lane talks a little about playing martha kent:
http://whosnews.usaweekend.com/2011/03/woman-of-steel-diane-lane-speaks-on-playing-supermans-mom-in-new-movie/
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:52 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Diane lane talks a little about playing martha kent:
http://whosnews.usaweekend.com/2011/03/woman-of-steel-diane-lane-speaks-on-playing-supermans-mom-in-new-movie/
The way news stories are usually structured, there'd usually be a perfunctory mention of Singerman somewhere towards the end of the article. Check out other reboot-related news stories to see what I mean. But there's not one in this article. They didn't even pay it lip service. It's just GONE.

Somehow, I expect we'll be seeing more of that in future news stories and the like.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:54 pm

Most likely its time to clean house
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:16 pm

Nothing you guys couldn't have guessed but the guy who wrote the article is a serious twit. He labels Singerman as a "reboot" (it WASN'T, that's half my beef with it) and then the moron goes on to say that Superman should be about 7 or 8 when he leaves Krypton so that he'll be scarred by the experience. Clearly this toolbag doesn't understand a single damned thing about Superman. Anyway, here's the relevant stuff.

Zack Snyder by way of Entertainment Weekly wrote:The pieces of Hollywood’s new model Superman are coming together. At the helm: Producer Christopher Nolan, screenwriter David S. Goyer and director Zack Snyder. British thesp Henry Cavill will play the Man of Steel, and Kevin Costner and Diane Lane will play the hero’s adopted Earth parents, Jonathan and Martha Kent. In the coming weeks, we should be getting casting announcements about the film’s villain (Zod?), leading lady (Lois Lane?), and its official title (Superman: Man of Steel?). We know something about that the movie won’t be: In our recent cover story about Cavill’s casting, Snyder told EW that unlike director Bryan Singer’s 2004 bid to reboot Superman, his movie won’t be beholden to the continuity of the original Superman movies starring Christopher Reeve. (Snyder reaffirmed that sentiment in a recent interview with Geoff Boucher of The Los Angeles Times.) Snyder — whose new action fantasy Sucker Punch opens March 25 — told me last month that he has “great respect” for previous Super-flicks. “But just like Christopher Nolan’s Batman Begins broke with the previous Tim Burton and Joel Schumacher Batman movies, this is a clean slate approach to Superman.” Does that mean he won’t be using John Williams’ iconic Superman score? “I don’t know. I don’t think so. Too early to say,” said the director, noting that Nolan’s Bat-flick opted to deviate from Danny Elfman’s memorable music for Burton’s Batman without much complaint from fans.

URL- http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/03/18/how-superman-could-change

thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:20 pm

Blah
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:56 am

Zack Snyder to Screen Junkies wrote:Q: It seemed like you’d done your comic book movies with 300 and Watchmen, but was Superman just too good to pass up?

ZS: Yeah, and in a lot of ways it’s a different thing for me. It’s a chance to do it for real. I think 300 and Watchmen are both particular in their graphic novels. I almost don’t even see them as superhero movies. I see them as they’re both novels. It’s all about the story and the way the story exists as a work of literature. For me, Superman is a whole other thing. He’s a character that we get to explore. I can make a movie that’s not an indictment but really a celebration of the character.

URL- http://www.screenjunkies.com/movies/movie-news/zack-snyder-talks-sucker-punch-and-superman/

Guilty until proven innocent, you've heard it before. But, again, passing little comments like this give me hope. "A celebration of the character"? Is it just me or is that the starting point any filmmaker should take with this material? It sounds like Snyder is going to make a Superman film rather than making Zack Snyder's version of Superman.

Zack Snyder to Screen Junkies wrote:Q: Are you working with DC or is it all you, Nolan and Goyer?

ZS: It’s all me, Nolan and Goyer. I mean, I meet with the DC guys but they don’t really [get involved.] It’s all us figuring it out.
I, for one, can live with that. Liaising with DC would mean Geoff Johns inevitably getting his hooks into it and I want his influence kept as far the fuck away from this film as possible. DC being left out in the cold has bugged me in the past but I fully endorse it right now. It's not like they have any clue what the fuck they to do with Superman anyway.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

General news Empty RE: General News

Post  non_amos Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:31 am

I guess it's a good thing that our old friend 'Steve' 'flew the coup' just in the nick of time. It doesn't seem like ANYTHING he 'predicted' is coming to pass. And he's nowhere to be found!

C'mon, 'Steve', crawl out from under that rock you're hiding under. I want more scoops! lol!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:42 pm

Some nice comments there.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:52 pm

non_amos wrote:I guess it's a good thing that our old friend 'Steve' 'flew the coup' just in the nick of time. It doesn't seem like ANYTHING he 'predicted' is coming to pass. And he's nowhere to be found!

C'mon, 'Steve', crawl out from under that rock you're hiding under. I want more scoops! lol!

I don't think he will EVER show his lying face around again. At least, not in a way that people will recognize him as "him".
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

General news Empty RE: General News

Post  non_amos Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:07 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
non_amos wrote:I guess it's a good thing that our old friend 'Steve' 'flew the coup' just in the nick of time. It doesn't seem like ANYTHING he 'predicted' is coming to pass. And he's nowhere to be found!

I don't think he will EVER show his lying face around again. At least, not in a way that people will recognize him as "him".

Remember, according to 'Steve', since WB knows they're gonna lose the lawsuit, this 'reboot' was gonna be a 'one-shot deal'. This was basically gonna be THE END of the franchise. They could even 'kill off' Superman, right? And since this was gonna be the last film, here come 'the actors' for the role of Supes. For one, wasn't it first they were gonna go with JON HAMM as an older Supes?! Then it 'changed', right? Then Jon Hamm wasn't gonna be Supes but he would be in the film. As for Supes himself, to cut costs & such, the studio was either gonna go with TOM WELLING or BRANDON 'BJ' ROUTHMAN; take your pick. The reasoning here was to save money since the franchise was 'dead' anyway, right? You know, both guys would be 'cheap'. And I believe 'Steve' said that this wasn't really a 'reboot', at least not in the literal sense. Also, as you know, he could read Nolan's mind & knew exactly what was going on with the director, the cast, the whole 9 yards! As for Henry Cavill, I now have no idea what 'Steve' may have said about him. Does anyone remember what he said about Cavill's chances & can refresh my memory?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon May 30, 2011 9:45 pm

Well was just reading this link off from cbm. Has some nice rumors for most part. But likely is mostly bs crap. Here is the link to check it out guys:
http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/superman-man-steel-2012-movie-rumors-recap-and-more-lex-luthor
Superman: Man Of Steel (2012) Movie Rumors Recap and more on Lex LuthorCBN :: News :: Movie News
Posted by: Matt McGloin, Editor/Publisher
May 30, 2011 20:20

HENRY CAVILL AS Superman
Artist's Rendition
Is this movie still coming out or what?

Haven't heard much in regards to the new Zack Snyder Superman reboot starring Henry Cavill, Man of Steel, as of late. Maybe Warner Bros. put it on the down-low for the Smallville finale promos?

Anyway, I thought I would recap what a reported source close to the Snyder camp sent over -- including news on Lex Luthor's role in the first draft script and more.

Here we go:

• Braniac destroys Krypton and may be set-up to be the villain in the sequel (if there is one).

• Krypton will not be the crystalline version like in the Donner films, but will incorporate technology, which is now considered "definite Kryptonian technology" with a more alien contemporary feel.

• The Krytonians featured will be Jor-El, Zod, Faora and Jax-Ur. Lara Lor-Van was mentioned in earlier drafts, but not a sure thing as the scripts are changing.

• Zack Snyder would like Jon Hamm to portray Jor-El.

• There are flashback scenes related to General Zod and WILL feature Krypton -- despite the lawsuit stuff.

• Faora hates all men and is working with Zod and Jax-Ur to get out of the Phantom Zone.

• Jax-Ur was a close friend to Jor-El, who was exiled to the Phantom Zone, and is now working with Zod to free themselves (which they do).

• Zod and the Phantom Zone criminals escape and find Smallville by locking onto Kal-El's ship, which is buried in a field.

• Zod, Faora and Jax-Ur don't just go all out and start attacking and invading Earth. They initially try to blend in and get a custom to their surroundings, but think the Earth is dirty and smells, that the humans are wasting a "perfect" planet. They then start to formulate a plan to make a "better" Krypton.

• Zod's main goal is to make a new Krypton, using Earth, with him as leader. He plans to use Faora to start a new perfect Kryptonian bloodline and Jax-Ur to use his vast scientific knowledge to accelerate technology on Earth.

• Zod and Lex Luthor do have interactions. With LexCorp being the most advanced company on the planet, Zod plans to use LexCorp technology and advance it to Kryptonian levels, as it's the most "compatible."

• In the first draft there was no Fortress of Solitude.

• A key role in the film will be that of Gen. Samuel Lane, father of Lois Lane. Ed Harris and Jeff Bridges are being looked at for this role. Gen. Sam Lane is leading Earth's defense against Zod, Faora and Jax-Ur. He grows a hatred to all Aliens -- including Superman.

• Lindsay Lohan is up for the role of Lana Lang. She isn't Clark's High School sweetheart, just a girl he likes. Lana isn't interested in him because she is one of the popular girls, while Clark is geeky character who can't really show what he is like -- a "Superman." Lana does find out though when the school bus crashes and Clark saves the day -- as she sees him.

• CGI test shots of a Metropolis skyline were done, mixing the Vancouver and Chicago skylines for plate shots and exterior shots during the film. Identifiable buildings were replaced by key buildings from the script such as LexCorp Tower and the Daily Planet Building.

• In the first draft of the script, Lex Luthor forces the Kryptonian trio through a Phantom Zone portal using Kryptonite in the final battle. At the end of the movie, Lex considers forcing Superman through as well, but relents. Note: It may end differently as that was the first draft.

Again, keep in mind this is all rumors!

Stay tuned to Cosmic Book News as more on the Man Of Steel develops.

Superman flies into theaters December 2012 directed by Zack Snyder starring, Henry Cavill as the Man of Steel, Diane Lane as Martha "Ma" Kent, Kevin Costner as Jonathan "Pa" Kent, Amy Adams as Lois Lane and Michael Shannon as Zod.

Be sure to check out the Cosmic Book News Superman Movie Hub for even more news and information.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon May 30, 2011 10:05 pm

I don't re-name their links "WeMakeALotOfShitUp.Com" for nothing....

*EDIT* Ah, I see it's a site with almost the exact same URL. My bad.

Still applies though.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon May 30, 2011 10:10 pm

ya that is why i included that it was likely BS for most part. Like that lohan stuff, and some others. But like i said in post some stuff seems logical stuff that could happen. But hey its something new to talk about after the dry spell of anything on the film.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon May 30, 2011 10:12 pm

webhead2006 wrote:ya that is why i included that it was likely BS for most part. Like that lohan stuff, and some others. But like i said in post some stuff seems logical stuff that could happen. But hey its something new to talk about after the dry spell of anything on the film.

That would be true, if it wasn't obvious that the person was copying exact storylines from 'Superman The Animated Series' verbatim.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon May 30, 2011 10:13 pm

webhead2006 wrote:HENRY CAVILL AS Superman
Artist's Rendition
I think someone from EyesSkyward or Singerman Hype made that Cavill manip ages ago. It's not an "artist's rendition", it's from some fucking guy with too much time on his hands.

Also, 99% of the probably UNTRUE "report" actually sounds okay with me. It's beyond time to put Donner's crystal version of Krypton out to pasture. In fact, the only thing that really bugs me...

• Zod, Faora and Jax-Ur don't just go all out and start attacking and invading Earth. They initially try to blend in and get a custom to their surroundings, but think the Earth is dirty and smells, that the humans are wasting a "perfect" planet.
Again, this "report" is probably bullshit from start to finish but for crying out loud there had better not be any more fucking political or social agendas buried in a Superman movie. It didn't work with Singerman and it won't work with the reboot.

Methinks Zack Snyder knows better than to pull that shit though. If nothing else, I have confidence in him there. David Goyer has proven he's a fucktard par excellence so I put nothing past him but I do trust Snyder on this.

• Lindsay Lohan is up for the role of Lana Lang. She isn't Clark's High School sweetheart, just a girl he likes. Lana isn't interested in him because she is one of the popular girls, while Clark is geeky character who can't really show what he is like -- a "Superman." Lana does find out though when the school bus crashes and Clark saves the day -- as she sees him.
And here we come to the single most unbelievable part of this entire report. Isn't the bitch on her way to prison or something? Yeah, THAT is baggage you want for your "make it or break it" reboot movie. Rolling Eyes

As ever... guilty until proven innocent.

EDIT- And seriously, wtf? Why is it that every time an alien invasion happens in a movie nowadays, they always have to put some kind of leftwing, tree-hugging, granola-munching anti-global warming shit in there? Can we not just have a gang of pissed off, blood thirsty aliens out to rape and pillage so that Superman can come along and give them a beatdown? Is that really too much to ask?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon May 30, 2011 10:22 pm

ya colors i too liked most of the rumors there too. But like ap said alot did sound pretty simular to animated/comic stuff. But i did like some of them. As for lohan ya she is still likely never going to be apart of this project. And she is currently under house arrest as i was reading online yesterday. But like i said hey its at least something to talk about reguarding superman since we all been complaining of nothing said in the past month. As for the manip ya i seen that photo too myself across many boards when cavill was officially cast plus i think ages ago back during the SR casting wars peroid where cavill name was brought up by fans back then.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon May 30, 2011 10:41 pm

Watch the first episode of STAS and count how many things they ripped-off for this bullshit.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon May 30, 2011 10:43 pm

Well hopefully we will get some real news from wb/snyder soon to get away from BS/rumors.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue May 31, 2011 1:03 am

webhead2006 wrote:Well hopefully we will get some real news from wb/snyder soon to get away from BS/rumors.

I haven't really checked but I know there's comic conventions of varying sorts every summer, with that 'San Diego Comic Con' being like 'le creme de la creme' or something. Surely Snyder & company will have something to report by then?! Yes?! No?! Maybe?! confused
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue May 31, 2011 1:17 am

http://twitter.com/#!/slashfilm/statuses/75410535419609088

General news Peterdrawingslashfilm_normal@slashfilm
Peter Sciretta

Some sites are reporting Superman: Man Of Steel plot details. But don't worry about avoiding spoilers, none of the information is real Smile
1 hour ago via Twitter for Mac

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue May 31, 2011 1:21 am

haha and there is our answer on the truthfulness of that story.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue May 31, 2011 1:23 am

This is what happens when you refuse to release any info for over a month.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue May 31, 2011 1:29 am

ya well hopefully like i said earlier wb/snyder will give us something to chew on for awhile like jimmy/perry casting, reveal if lex is in the film, or at least first photo of cavill in the suit.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next