Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

+14
Rduce
gadhero
BHoward
Belltown213
webhead2006
pax666
Comicbookfan-V2
TomWelling4Superman
lib
Apologist Puncher
Father Finian
thecolorsblend
non_amos
superman1938
18 posters

Page 7 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Go down

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 7 Empty Re: Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:48 am

non_amos wrote:Where did that idea come from then that Cavill was too short to play Superman
Probably some fucking Apologist who's STILL crying that Blandon got intentionally skipped over for a REAL actor.

But I speculate.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 7 Empty Re: Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:50 am

non_amos wrote:Where did that idea come from then that Cavill was too short to play Superman, that even 6'1" was 'being kind' so to speak? Now I realize some of those guys might be like 5'7" or something but if you'll notice, I don't see Cavill wearing KISS BOOTS either.

Well, to be honest, Cavill being shorter than I am DOES bother me. Is it a deal breaker" for me though? Not at all. Dean Cain was shorter than me too, and I still watched 'Lois & Clark'. Heck, I just watched some of the first season on DVD today!

But yes, to some people his height is a BIG issue. Then again, these same people were not going to be a fan of the film no matter who played him.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:59 am

AP, I pretty confident in saying that you being taller than Cavill doesn’t bother him at all…..LOL!

Actually, as I have pointed out many times, there are many tricks filmmakers can use to make someone appear taller and bigger than they really are, the movie “The Green Mile”, is an excellent example.

Rduce

User Reputation : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:41 pm

Rduce wrote:AP, I pretty confident in saying that you being taller than Cavill doesn’t bother him at all…..LOL!

Actually, as I have pointed out many times, there are many tricks filmmakers can use to make someone appear taller and bigger than they really are, the movie “The Green Mile”, is an excellent example.
How many tricks are they really going to need though? Assuming the guy is already 6'1" (which I find easy to believe now), is anybody really going to freak out over two or three missing inches?

Of course, this all could've been handily avoided if they'd cast Armie Hammer but whatever...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:55 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:
Rduce wrote:AP, I pretty confident in saying that you being taller than Cavill doesn’t bother him at all…..LOL!

How many tricks are they really going to need though? Assuming the guy is already 6'1" (which I find easy to believe now), is anybody really going to freak out over two or three missing inches?

Of course, this all could've been handily avoided if they'd cast Armie Hammer but whatever...

Clearly, you labor under the false belief that an American hunk has the abilities to play an American cultural icon. Besides, I’ve heard rumors he is being looked at to be the next Dark Knight after Nolan and Bale are gone

Rduce

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperBalls Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:37 pm

Rduce wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:

Clearly, you labor under the false belief that an American hunk has the abilities to play an American cultural icon. Besides, I’ve heard rumors he is being looked at to be the next Dark Knight after Nolan and Bale are gone

I doubt this, sorry. Says who?

SuperBalls
BJ Routh *Blech*
BJ Routh *Blech*

User Reputation : 15

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:42 pm

Personally never had issue with cavill height. And as we can see on set he is tall and imposing figure. My real problem would be if. Some short guy likwe 5'8 or shorter was trying to play the role. Way off there. And in comics since the start hasn't his height changed a few inches here and there for any given decade to where it stayed at 6'3-6'4. Ya cavill is a few inches short on acrucate height. But it not to short to make it look bad. Heck I still wonder how the mess of jlm superman and batman actors would have been. That would have been way off there.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:38 pm

SuperBalls wrote:
Rduce wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:

I doubt this, sorry. Says who?

Internet Buzz mainly...but it could be worse...maybe WB wants to take him in a new direction and will totally fuckup and cast Jack Black.

Rduce

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:07 pm

It might, if he turns out to be worse than BJ Routh.

I still plan on running into THAT GUY one day.

That doesn't change the fact that we know ahead of time that they are using "tricks" in the first place.

This isn't a 'Lord of the Rings' scenario, where it is glaringly obvious that camera tricks and CGI were necessary. This is just trying to make a person seem a few inches taller. But it will be far less of a problem than the Little Hardy Boy as "Bane" one though. THAT film is going to need some Frodo magic in order to make ME believe that midget is a threat to Batman....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperBalls Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:18 pm

No one will even know the difference unless everyone has their height tattoo'd on their forehead. Cavill is tall enough for film to look tall and badass-like the way Snyder films focusing on the kickass visual.

SuperBalls
BJ Routh *Blech*
BJ Routh *Blech*

User Reputation : 15

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:06 am

SuperBalls wrote:No one will even know the difference unless everyone has their height tattoo'd on their forehead. Cavill is tall enough for film to look tall and badass-like the way Snyder films focusing on the kickass visual.

This would be true, if we didn't already know his height ahead of time.

Which we do.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:25 pm

Two more shots of cavill on set(without cape on) fromthe mos fb page
I am at work right now so don't have time to upload the images myself:
https://m.facebook.com/?w2m&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2F&_rdr#!/photo.php?fbid=241225072589369&id=221774371201106&set=a.237537766291433.64563.221774371201106&refid=0&_ft_a=221774371201106&_ft_tf=237537766291433&_ft_tpi=221774371201106&_ft_ti=6&_ft_fth=03de8a48734a2636&_ft_time_ft=1314724531
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:51 pm

Can't see it unless you have a Facebook account!

I'll take it from here...

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 7 Superhenry

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 7 Superhenry2
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:30 pm

Notice the lack of color where the "belt" should be? I do.

More and more, I am convinced the trunks will be added in post.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:01 pm

New picture of Cavill:

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 7 29964210150276215858882

Can't find a link for where it came from. Yet.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:34 pm

Hope you're right about taking care of it in post, it's plain to see they will have to do something about the "super bulge" too!

Rduce

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:44 pm

I just can't foresee Snyder thinking all of that blue looks "good".

It doesn't.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:50 pm

Cavill kind of looks like a Michael Turner drawing come to life in this pic:

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 7 29964210150276215858882
Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 7 Miachel_turner_Superman_Batman00813
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:51 am

Inspite of Cavill actually looking imposing in that photo I can't help but notice how odd the suit looks without any red over the waist line however I toke the opportunity to make a manip of that photo to see how it would look if some red was digitally posted over the waist line in which at some point I hope this happens during editing somehow!

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 7 29964213

Last edited by Comicbookfan-V2 on Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:18 am

New pics that confirm that a muscle suit ain't happenin':

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 7 110830-superman2
Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 7 110830-superman1
Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 7 110830-superman4
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:37 am

Hm. Interesting. While I think it would be inaccurate to say that Cavill is wearing a muscle suit, it seems that the costume has shading added to emphasize his muscles and some undertextures inserted to give the impression of veins.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:37 am

Now that we finally have more close up photos of the suit we finally get to see the extra details and from the looks of things Synder definitly going for some extraterrestrial style which must lead to the possibility that the suit could be made out of kryptonian related origin!

Plus, this also confirms once and for all that the trunks is definitly left out although I always thought that Supes look kinda odd without any red under the waist line but after seeing the suit up close and experimenting with a manip photo that I happen to find over at the Superherohype.com forums I think it's clear that the suit is just fine without any red under the waist line due to the designs that were added.

Here's the proof...

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 7 Q0ujj_10

And I think that the last thing we need is Supes wearing a suit that clearly points at his crotch and we have enough of those already from other comic book based films! Bottom line, the suit is fine the way it is and it's here to stay so I say deal with it!

P.S. Take that Singer & Routh!!!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:26 pm

With nothing below the waist the "V" that is so visible below the shield points directly at his crotch! It needs trunks or some sort of splash of red to distract from his super-manhood....

Any speculation what this suit is made of, because closeup it looks almost as bad as SR!

Also, it must be a bitch filming this during a record heat wave!

Rduce

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:11 pm

Seeing these pics, I too feel that a lot may be added in post! Why? Because looking at these pics, there's something 'incomplete' in the suit's appearance besides the trunks! Don't you get that same impression? I think it's safe to say the trunks will be added too or else Snyder is gonna have to face the wrath of many a disgruntled parent who has to explain to their child about the 'super-manhood'! I don't think 'the brothers Warner' are that stupid?! Also, what's that crap on the sides of Cavill's legs that's been mentioned before? Is that really gonna be part of the suit or is it just something to help in post? One thing I will have to say, Cavill looks JACKED! BJs need not apply! Laughing
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:33 pm

I know what you are saying about everything that is going on with the suit, which is why I asked if this may be just a battle suit to help in the fight with Zod and him minions.

Rduce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next