Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Avengers News Thread

5 posters

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down

The Avengers News Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Avengers News Thread

Post  webhead2006 Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:17 pm

Cobie smulders talks the avengers:
http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/12/how-i-met-your-mothers-cobie-smulders-on-tonights-big-pregnancy-episode.html
You're also getting into action with Joss Whedon's The Avengers. Before he cast you in that, he said he was considering you for a Wonder Woman project. So he’s clearly a fan. Did he ever tell you why?
No! If he did, I would throw up in my mouth. I mean, the Wonder Woman thing was a very kind comment, I think. I was never in touch with studios about it or anything like that. But we had so much fun shooting [The Avengers]. We had days when it was just us working — and, oh, 200 extras — but, you know, in the inner circle, it was nice to sit by the monitor with him and watch him take on this ginormous project with great ease.

You’re not a superhero in the movie, but you do have sick costumes?
I do. They’re very sleek, and very leather. And she has superpowers and is hyperintelligent; a very nice, fine woman who has all the answers.

Sounds like this role might turn you into the sexy-brunette-vixen type.
You know, fingers crossed! If I can be seen as somewhat sexual, if only to my fiancé, after having a child and turning 30, I will be happy for us.

webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:11 am

New international banners:

http://www.comingsoon.net/nextraimages/avengersinternational1.jpg
http://www.comingsoon.net/nextraimages/avengersinternational2.jpg
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:14 am

Bid to win a chance to attend the la or ny premire of The Avengers:
http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=water_defense
The Avengers News Thread - Page 5 Water_10

webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:33 am

How about a free sweepstakes drawing instead?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:22 am

non_amos wrote:How about a free sweepstakes drawing instead?
No kidding. I realize Marvel Studios doesn't necessarily have the bank of a WB or a Paramount but gimme a break!
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:14 pm

They probably will have a regular contest this seems to be from ruffalo himself and the organization he is doing about hydrofrakking.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:45 pm

New image from empire:
The Avengers News Thread - Page 5 2rxhct10
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:49 am

German trailer with a few new snipets:
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:33 pm

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=51566
filmInk:
Joss Whedon And Kevin Feige Discuss THE AVENGERS' Ultimate Approach And More!
With The Avengers director-writer ultimately discussing his approach to such a large film in scope, among other things, producer Kevin Feige comments on the same! Check it out!

In addition to discussing a certain Russian spy and her archering partner, in the latest issue of Aussie magazine FilmInk, the director & writer of Marvel's The Avengers, Joss Whedon, elaborated on his approach to such a large project among other things. With a comment from Marvel Studios' head honcho Kevin Feige, read on below!

"I had meetings with Joss Whedon in 2001 to direct Iron Man, back when the project was with another studio," says Feige. "That's how long ago we've been fans of Joss, and how we believe in what he could do behind the camera of a big movie." He added, "We have a lot of characters, but it's not too much. It's the exact right amount to tell the original story of the formation of The Avengers."

When it comes to juggling big characters action set pieces, and quiet character moments, Joss Whedon claims that he's solved the problem.

"The movie is nine hours long," he deadpans. The director goes on to add that the reason he jumped on board with Marvel was because of the perspicacious casting that was already in place. "They cast people who are actors so people watch them act, so you want to have these quieter moments." he explains. The tension between those scenes and the momentum of the film is ultimately what is going to make the film exciting, but it's going to make the editing processs unbearable."

Whedon was then asked about wrangling so many major movie star egos, and how he delivers his characteristic quip.

"'Are they happily engaged or just in a cage?' I'm leading them just when they are about to die of starvation; that way, they're more pliable stockholm syndrome, that's the only way to go," he jokes. "Honestly, they all came in with extraordinary positive attitudes, not just about the projects, but about each other, and they're very conscious of what everybody else is doing."

The director then went to discuss how he strives to preserve an environment where his actors feel safe to create.

"I want them to feel that they can go too far and try something different, and they know that I won't make them look like an idiot by actually using any of that footage," Whedon reveals. "So long as the script makes some semblance of sense, we get along just fine. All of them had their input to the degree that they wanted it. It's been a real collaborates from the ground up, so that set the tone from the start. I was like, 'I know exactly what I want, if you tell me what you want, we can usually do both.'"

Joss then discussed two stars from the film - Samuel L. Jackson & Mark Ruffalo.

"I wanted Mark Ruffalo to play Bruce Banner because he's just an open book," says Joss Whedon. "He lets you into his heart and you understand everything that he's feeling. He's very open and that's just who he is as a guy and how he performs."

And "Sam Jackson? He's Sam Jackson. I'm sorry!," exclaims Whedon. "He's got that piercing look, but in my movie, he can only pin you to the wall with one eye. At the same time, he's extremely sensitive and textured and that's what I wanted from Nick Fury. I didn't want him to be a bluster, because we've seen that."

For even more from Whedon and the cast, be sure to pick up the latest January/February 2012 Filmink issue. What do you think?
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:01 pm

Avengers to be released in 3d:
http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/exclusive-joss-whedon-on-the-avengers-in-3d-?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Whedon knew from the very beginning his film would eventually be converted to 3D saying he thought about the format "every second" while filming. Whedon is sensitive to the concerns of audiences admitting "there definitely are movies that shouldn't be in 3D" while assuring fanboys "THE AVENGERS isn't obnoxiously 3D."

"There's no, 'Oh look, we're going to spend 20 minutes going through this tunnel because it's in 3D!' And no one is pointing at the screen the entire time. But it's an action movie. Things tend to hurtle toward the screen anyway."

Whedon says he was 100% behind the idea from the beginning. "Yeah, it's fun!...I'm not a big fan of extreme long lens, talky movies - I like to see the space I'm in and relate to it, so 3D kinda fits my aesthetic anyway. And the technology has advanced so far in the past couple years."
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:42 am

Even if Whedon was adamantly opposed to 3D, I wouldn't expect him to say so in a fluff piece interview like that.

Even so, 3D, IMAX, all that gimmicky shit... why not just make a movie that's worth buying a ticket for? Marvel Studios has nothing to prove there but they're probably the only ones who can make that claim. But even with them, it's still gimmicky bullshit included in an otherwise-likely-to-kick-ass movie.

It's damned aggravating.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:55 am

I'm gonna call this now & hope I'm right when the time comes. To mirror the comments of someone I read over at SHH, AVENGERS for the win next summer! That person had Avengers first, then TDKR, then Spidey. Based on my own judgment though from what I've seen so far, Avengers should mop the floor with Hardly Bane! I mean, what do you wanna see for crying out loud?! HULK! THOR! IRON MAN! CAPTAIN AMERICA! HAWKEYE! BLACK WIDOW! NICK FURY! SHIELD! All in one movie! Plus LOKI & alien invaders! Possibly THANOS?!

And in this corner, weighing in at a paltry 190-lbs. soaking wet on a good day, the one, the only, Hardly Bane! Complete with asthma action! And a Batman who phones in his performance! LET'S GET READY TO RUMMMBBBLLLLEEEE!!!!!

I think this one is a no-brainer. Even the new Spiderman flick should be better than what Nolan is dishing out. bounce
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:24 am

non_amos wrote:I'm gonna call this now & hope I'm right when the time comes. To mirror the comments of someone I read over at SHH, AVENGERS for the win next summer! That person had Avengers first, then TDKR, then Spidey. Based on my own judgment though from what I've seen so far, Avengers should mop the floor with Hardly Bane! I mean, what do you wanna see for crying out loud?! HULK! THOR! IRON MAN! CAPTAIN AMERICA! HAWKEYE! BLACK WIDOW! NICK FURY! SHIELD! All in one movie! Plus LOKI & alien invaders! Possibly THANOS?!

And in this corner, weighing in at a paltry 190-lbs. soaking wet on a good day, the one, the only, Hardly Bane! Complete with asthma action! And a Batman who phones in his performance! LET'S GET READY TO RUMMMBBBLLLLEEEE!!!!!

I think this one is a no-brainer. Even the new Spiderman flick should be better than what Nolan is dishing out. bounce
I don't think it's even open to discussion anymore. Your list can only be exactly right. Avengers is obviously the kid to beat. So it's a battle for #2... but Amazing Spider-Man looks like it's being made by people who care about the source material and are determined to put their own stamp on the characters without ruining them.

I've given up on predicting box office figures (ie, I was WAY off for Singerman, Spider-Man 3 and TDK) but my hunch is that TDKRises will owe whatever success it does get mostly to the public's good will toward TDK.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:37 am

Ya its annoying that 3d is all the craze. I do like 3d but it isn't needed for all films. I rather film shot in max. As for box office personally I like to see all do well. Though avengers is bound to do well. It has the prime summer start spot and has nothing to go against it for at least a month. Then tdkr and spot will batle. For july.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:13 pm

The Incredible Hulk:

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=52010

The Avengers News Thread - Page 5 943062210
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:44 pm

Nice promo image

Someone on shh claims to have some spoilers for the film(some sound reasonable others sound fake):
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=373999&page=39
Spoiler:

Last edited by Apologist Puncher on Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : If you THINK it's a Spoiler, whether real or not, use the tags.)
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:32 pm

New promo art:
The Avengers News Thread - Page 5 Avengersassemble
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:45 pm

VERY cool.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:37 am

Follow that one, Nolan! Maybe you just need to 'catch up' to it huh?! Cool
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:34 am

^ I'm convinced that Avengers will do great but my fondest wish would be that it kicks the absolute piss out of TDKRises in numbers NOBODY can argue with.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:16 pm

Can't wait to see how the box office figures turn out.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:52 am

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=52308

The Avengers News Thread - Page 5 Avenge10
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:05 am

Nice cap/thor photo.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:29 pm

Concept art for Avengers Quinjet:
http://m.superherohype.com/news/articles/169161--concept-art-of-the-avengers-quinjet
The Avengers News Thread - Page 5 Quinje10
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:01 pm

Scene descriptions that may or may not be BS:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=52787

Spoiler:
Apologist Puncher