Batman v Superman Box Office Watch

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Batman v Superman Box Office Watch

Post  thecolorsblend on Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:57 pm

Domestic: $82,010,000 (41.6%)
Foreign: $115,300,000 (58.4%)
Worldwide: $197,310,000

We finally have some solid numbers to work with. Basically BvS cleared $82 million in the US in just one day. The tracking says the movie could hit $200 million this weekend. Certainly that seems possible right now though I steer away from making predictions like that.

The advantage BvS has is the amount of time it will run more or less unopposed. One legitimate problem MOS had was it lacked that second weekend "buffer" that a lot of blockbuster movies get. It had big competition beginning the second weekend which I believe hurt it somewhat. Except for World War Z (I think) in the second weekend, you could reasonably argue MOS would've scored an extra $50 million in the US.

It looks like someone from WB learned their lesson from last time. I won't predict final numbers for BvS but you cannot underestimate the value of such a long stretch of time without major competition from other blockbuster movies.

Marvel Studios may ultimately really regret shifting Civil War's release date. I definitely won't predict box office numbers for that but I can't see how it's open to debate that Civil War won't suffer at least a little bit for the release window it's been set up for. We'll see though, I guess.

thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman v Superman Box Office Watch

Post  thecolorsblend on Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:03 pm

One other thing. MOS was released to 4,207 theaters. BvS is being released to 4,242 theaters. So there's not a radical difference between those numbers.

This is valuable in that it creates borderline laboratory conditions by which to test the effectiveness of the Superman film brand. How WILL Superman fare in theaters without outliers such as second week competition and whatnot? This is a great opportunity to find out.

thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:59 pm

Domestic: $170,100,000
Foreign: $254,000,000
Worldwide: $424,100,000
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=superman2015.htm

Biggest opening in March. Biggest opening in the spring.

The above number is pretty comparable to Iron Man 3's $174 million opening weekend... and may yet meet or exceed that figure.

All the toxic reviews in the world weren't enough to kill BvS's momentum. And considering that the playing field is wide open for quite a while, BvS is poised to run away with the box office. The downside is if the numbers tank next weekend (and who knows?), you can't blame that on competition from other films. BvS will own whatever fate is in store for it at the box office. That has positive and negative ramifications depending on how things play out.

No matter what this could redraw future blockbuster release schedules. March could become the new May in years to come.

Another thing is BvS is VERY close to being in profit worldwide. It's no stretch to think the domestic box office has at least another $80 million in it. Probably a lot more than that though. Singerman huffed and puffed to $200 million after, what was it, four months? BvS is nearly there after the opening weekend.

Overall things are looking good!

thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:19 pm

Domestic: $181,047,843
Foreign: $287,500,000
Worldwide: $468,547,843

Sunday's grosses were revised downward to the tune of $4 million. Nitwit journalists scratched their heads, utterly mystified. "Durrrr, what the pr0blem? Why d0nt teh m0vie d0o betterz?"

Of course, the haters were out in force. "Ah HA! See? I TOLD you so! This movie sucks and now everybody knows it! Take that, Snyder! lulz"

Um, guys? Sunday was Easter. That's a kinda sorta totally major religious holiday. Sunday's figures were $4 million lower than original projections. If you figure a movie ticket averages out in cost to $9, that means about 445,000 people (fewer, actually, but you get the idea) apparently decided to go to Mass (or whatever) rather than to the movies... which, honestly, seems pretty reasonable.

My little Easter conspiracy theory is given further merit when you remember that today's numbers are record-setting for a Monday. $15 million! Not many movies can claim a number like that ON A MONDAY! Not a school day/work day, at least.

There's no way to know what future workdays might bring in terms of box office grosses but this is a VERY positive sign! At the rate things are going, BvS should be completely in the black by the end Weekend #2, if not sooner.

You know, in the black? Financially viable? Profitable? All those little buzzwords that nobody in his right mind ever associated with motherfucking Singerman!

thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:08 pm

I'm actually kind of happy about the responses to the movie now. Why?

It's a Litmus Test for just how STUPID some people are.

No one I know has parroted the negativity. Yet. But if they DO, I know that they aren't very bright, or refuse to think for themselves. Friends, family, acquaintances, doesn't matter. This film REQUIRES you to think, and to pay attention to what is going on. If you can't do that, the FILM didn't fail.

YOU did.

Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

User Reputation : 548

http://supermanfilmwatchdog.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:46 pm

Domestic: $209,072,793
Foreign: $329,100,000
Worldwide: $538,172,793

People are still trying to argue that BvS will likely hit $1 billion worldwide. I guess anything is possible... I just don't can't see how it happens.

The movie is doing solid business internationally. It's far beyond the break even point there. So that's good news. There's a strong argument that the international box office won't go drastically higher than where it is now though. WB frontloaded the international release of the film. It was an almost simultaneous release worldwide rather than the metered release of MOS. But how likely is it that the movie will exceed $400 million internationally? I have not a clue. It's still a homerun though. No doubts there. What I'd love is for BvS to do internationally what Singerman struggled to do worldwide: Break $400 million.

Domestically, things are solid there too. It seems like a safe prediction that BvS will hit the break even point by this weekend (eg, Weekend #2). I've seen credible predictions that final tally will be something like $327 million in the US. I don't make predictions myself but that number sounds as realistic as anything else. Personally I would've liked BvS to join the 400 Million Club though but I'm not sure how likely that is.

What NOBODY (except idiots) seems to be arguing though is that the movie won't be profitable. The movie's production budget was $250 million. It would need to gross $500 million worldwide to hit the break even point... and it's already at $538 million worldwide after one weekend. Yes, things are looking good right now.

thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:06 pm

Domestic: $261,457,793
Foreign: $421,400,000
Worldwide: $682,857,793
Estimate: 04.03.2016

I'll just say it guys, I never thought BvS would show this kind of strength overseas. Now that's what I call traction! Even Ray Charles can see that BvS will clear over $700 million worldwide. The movie is riding a gravy train with biscuit wheels and I find it endlessly amusing (and welcome!) that it's grossed more overseas than Singerman did worldwide.

Mind you, the numbers now put BvS ahead of MOS. At least worldwide. Domestically there's still a bit of catching up to do to surpass the MOS figure of $291 million... which is likely to happen by the end of Weekend #3, or so one would assume.

As I said in my last post, the BvS production budget is $250 million. That means it MUST gross $500 million worldwide to hit the break even point... and, as above, we're far beyond the $500 million mark. Shit, people smarter than me think the movie could hit (or come close) to $500 million just internationally.

Now, to be realistic I don't see how BvS hits $1 billion worldwide. Some people are expecting that and, fuck me, they may even be right. But I'm personally not predicting that. $750 or $800 million worldwide is the very highest I'm willing to go.

Say something, guys.

thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:45 am

People these days are lemmings, and "critics" are jaded, seld-important assholes. That's basically what it comes down to.

Fuck them all.

Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:34 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:People these days are lemmings, and "critics" are jaded, seld-important assholes. That's basically what it comes down to.

Fuck them all.
Most people are betas. They will go whichever way the wind blows in order to maintain conformity. Asking betas to break from the herd is a bit of a lost cause... and also, I think, rather unfair to betas since it's basically asking them to be something they're not. It's how myths like "Singerman made a profit in theaters" can ever gain traction. Enough people saying it turns a lie into the truth. History is replete with this sort of thing.

What matters is profitability. And that's where BvS is setting itself apart.

Domestic: $263,600,462
Foreign: $434,000,000
Worldwide: $697,600,462
Date: 04.04.2016 (final numbers; not estimates)

Yes yes yes, BvS crossed $700 million today but Box Office Mojo doesn't have those figures up yet. But it does have yesterday's confirmed numbers. And, again, those international figures are really amazing! If BvS hits $782 million (and who the hell knows if that's even possible) it will have officially doubled Singerman's numbers. It will be interesting for people to somehow argue Singerman turned a profit while BvS didn't even though the budgets Singer and Snyder had to work with aren't drastically different from each other.

thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:32 am

Golly, this has really gotten away from me.

Domestic: $296,685,542
Foreign: $486,800,000
Worldwide: $783,485,542
Budget: $250 million
Estimate: 04.10.2016

BvS is now far beyond profitable territory in the US. I've noticed fewer people arguing that the movie is tanking at the box office now, which is good. But this is worth reinforcing. BvS is profitable by just about any standard you want to apply.

Further, it is objectively more profitable than Singerman. Whether or not you adjust for inflation, the result remains the same with Singerman huffing and puffing toward the finish line while BvS easily crosses it early in the race. Even bypassing that metric though, BvS has sold several million more tickets than Singerman did. MOS also sold more tickets than Singerman did.

It seems quite possible for BvS to hit $800 million worldwide. Of that, nearly $500 million will be from the foreign territories. This reinforces the box office formula observable with the Reeve Superman films and with MOS, where the movie does crazy business internationally. It really makes Singerman's lackluster showing in foreign territories all the more ignominious. Singerman isn't just getting outgrossed by MOS and BvS, but it's losing out by orders of magnitude. And ever escalating magnitude at that.

When all is said and done, there's a very good chance BvS will outgross the first two Iron Man movies in the US. Again, not predicting that... but it's totally possible. A decent series of weekdays from here on in and a decent Weekend #4 should be all it takes. It's a realistic scenario.

It must be said that BvS, admittedly, isn't showing great legs so far. The numbers are tumbling. Films with smaller opening weekends showed more endurance in the follow up weekends of wide release than BvS has shown so far. I have no convenient explanation for that, although it's possible that the perceived negative reviews took a toll on BvS.

Either way, anybody who's ashamed of these BvS figures should have his head examined.

thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:12 pm

Domestic: $301,201,288
Foreign: $499,600,000
Worldwide: $800,801,288
Date: 04.13.2016

$800 million worldwide. BvS is now far beyond the point of tripling its $250 million production budget on a worldwide basis. If Singerman had tripled its production budget, we would've gotten a sequel in 2009 guaranteed. But obviously that never even came close to happening. But it's happened for BvS before it's even been in theaters for a full month. Now that's what I call making traction!

Hell, BvS will have easily doubled its production budget just on an international basis. That alone has been a major success.

BvS's domestic box office has also exceeded that of MOS. That was probably inevitable but it still needs to be pointed out that it has happened. And by a pretty substantial margin too. So there's good news all around at this point.

These box office updates are quickly becoming redundant. The numbers speak for themselves. So I'm not sure how many more updates I'll be doing.

thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:05 am

The stupidity regarding the BvS box office figures is piling up. As usual, the ring leaders are our deal old friends from the Eunuch Page.

The Eunuch Page wrote:#1 | gerrym51 on April 14, 2016 6:55pm EST
amazing that a movie that has made 800 million dollars is considered a failure

#2 | kal-elshallreturn on April 14, 2016 6:57pm EST
Hopefully it can at least make it to 900million by the time it's done., but with both Jungle book and Captain America: Civil war getting overwhelming positive reviews right now, I'm pretty sure the movie numbers are gonna slow to a crawl by then.

#4 | lovecats on April 14, 2016 7:26pm EST
Wow and this movie is a flop??
In WB eyes, yes this is a flop. They were looking for over 1B

#6 | Kalibak on April 14, 2016 7:29pm EST
is a flop, is Batman & Superman 800 millions, means nothing except that they can justify continuing with their DC movies. This one was supposed to reach $1,500,000.00 or close to that!

Sorry, hope they release the R rated so it can reach at least the $1,000 million mark.

#8 | Supereyes on April 14, 2016 7:49pm EST
Marvel considered Avengers: Age of Ultron to be a failure even though it made. 1.4 billion dollars worldwide.

I would have expected BVS, however to make a billion dollars within a week and a half to two weeks time though. So it was somewhat of a letdown. It may not reach the billion dollar mark.

I had no doubt this would make a billion dollars...until the reviews came.

#10 | TheWraith on April 14, 2016 8:37pm EST
It's not a flop, so anyone saying that is trying to sell you an igloo. It's a domestic disappointment, that's true, but that doesn't make it a flop. They're two very different things. It was expected to make much more than it has, though, so it's failed to live up to studio expectations, but not enough to stall future plans...yet.

The closer they get to the $1 billion the better, though.

#11 | kal-elshallreturn on April 14, 2016 8:55pm EST
They got another week to reach 900million, maybe a little more, but not much.

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=18124#comments
That's just a sample of some of the idiotic comments people have made. I don't know what it is about activating an account at the Eunuch Page that causes people to lose about 40 or 50 IQ points. Or maybe the Eunuch Page attracts the very stupidest .02% of the Internet. That's a possibility.

What amazes me is how NOBODY in the sample section (or even the top 10 comments) seems to be doing little things like taking the movie's production cost into account. No sir, it's all about the bottom line. "If it doesn't make a $1 billion, it's a failure!"

Interesting how that criterion never gets applied to Singerman, yes? If Singerman had done BvS's numbers, it would've gotten a sequel fast-tracked and at the very least we'd all be decrying a minimum of two Singerman films. The amount of leeway people are willing to grant to Bryan Singer and his little gang of pedophiles just boggles the imagination.

thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:51 pm

Domestic: $315,461,603
+ Foreign: $521,100,000

Worldwide: $836,561,603

Passed 'Iron Man 2' at the box office. But because it didn't pass THE FUCKING 'AVENGERS', losers are calling it a "failure".

Bitches please.

Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:58 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:The stupidity regarding the BvS box office figures is piling up. As usual, the ring leaders are our deal old friends from the Eunuch Page.

The Eunuch Page wrote:#1 | gerrym51 on April 14, 2016 6:55pm EST
amazing that a movie that has made 800 million dollars is considered a failure

#2 | kal-elshallreturn on April 14, 2016 6:57pm EST
Hopefully it can at least make it to 900million by the time it's done., but with both Jungle book and Captain America: Civil war getting overwhelming positive reviews right now, I'm pretty sure the movie numbers are gonna slow to a crawl by then.

#4 | lovecats on April 14, 2016 7:26pm EST
Wow and this movie is a flop??
In WB eyes, yes this is a flop. They were looking for over 1B

#6 | Kalibak on April 14, 2016 7:29pm EST
is a flop, is Batman & Superman 800 millions, means nothing except that they can justify continuing with their DC movies. This one was supposed to reach $1,500,000.00 or close to that!

Sorry, hope they release the R rated so it can reach at least the $1,000 million mark.

#8 | Supereyes on April 14, 2016 7:49pm EST
Marvel considered Avengers: Age of Ultron to be a failure even though it made. 1.4 billion dollars worldwide.

I would have expected BVS, however to make a billion dollars within a week and a half to two weeks time though. So it was somewhat of a letdown. It may not reach the billion dollar mark.

I had no doubt this would make a billion dollars...until the reviews came.

#10 | TheWraith on April 14, 2016 8:37pm EST
It's not a flop, so anyone saying that is trying to sell you an igloo. It's a domestic disappointment, that's true, but that doesn't make it a flop. They're two very different things. It was expected to make much more than it has, though, so it's failed to live up to studio expectations, but not enough to stall future plans...yet.

The closer they get to the $1 billion the better, though.

#11 | kal-elshallreturn on April 14, 2016 8:55pm EST
They got another week to reach 900million, maybe a little more, but not much.

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=18124#comments
That's just a sample of some of the idiotic comments people have made. I don't know what it is about activating an account at the Eunuch Page that causes people to lose about 40 or 50 IQ points. Or maybe the Eunuch Page attracts the very stupidest .02% of the Internet. That's a possibility.

What amazes me is how NOBODY in the sample section (or even the top 10 comments) seems to be doing little things like taking the movie's production cost into account. No sir, it's all about the bottom line. "If it doesn't make a $1 billion, it's a failure!"

Interesting how that criterion never gets applied to Singerman, yes? If Singerman had done BvS's numbers, it would've gotten a sequel fast-tracked and at the very least we'd all be decrying a minimum of two Singerman films. The amount of leeway people are willing to grant to Bryan Singer and his little gang of pedophiles just boggles the imagination.

I read an article there, that revealed A LOT in the comments.

First, that idiot swrong thinks people from HERE are still trolling the Homopage. I mean, really? This is made DOUBLEY stupid after number 2.

Secondly, one of the BIGGEST anti-Snyder trolls on their site ADMITTED he does what he does because he's a stretched asshole APOLOGIST. And yet, he's allowed to troll EVERY article there, because he has a "friendship" with one of the shitheaded moderators.

Oh, and the bitch in question? Hollywood. You've probably seen his stupidity all over that place.

So don't even bother paying attention to the negative cunts there. Unlike what WE did, their bitching HASNT stopped the DCEU from rolling on. And this has sanded up their vaginas but good.

Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:19 pm

It's funny from the angle that we had a popular majority, Singerman's own shitty box office and common sense on our side back in 2006. We said all along there would never be a Singerman sequel and we were right. The end result? A lot of tears, broken promises and lost Apologist dreams. I guess they still haven't recovered from their Singerman circlejerks on the Eunuch Page. They long for the glory days.

I must say that I'm rather surprised that any Apologists still remain at the Eunuch Page though. I thought most of them had retreated to... fuck, I don't even know what havens the Apologists have left anymore. Or how many of them haven't quietly turned coat and joined up with the Snyder army.

thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:50 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Domestic: $315,461,603  
+ Foreign: $521,100,000

Worldwide: $836,561,603

Passed 'Iron Man 2' at the box office. But because it didn't pass THE FUCKING 'AVENGERS', losers are calling it a "failure".

Bitches please.
Oh, one other thing. BvS has already passed the first Iron Man worldwide. But it looks like it will surpass Iron Man's domestic tally before too long. The next few days? Something like that.

Once that happens, the only Marvel Studios films that will have outgrossed BvS will be Guardians of the Galaxy, Iron Man 3 and the Avengers movies.

I'll be honest, Marvel's shtick of these fluffy, forgettable movies is wearing thin for me. Marvel's hat trick seems to be developing franchises that are led off by a really cool first installment, after which they quickly go downhill. Captain America- The Winter Soldier seems to be the outlier where the sequel is as good as the original. Their other sequels are, at a minimum, not as good as the original. Or, in the case of Age of Dulltron, a total snoozer.

Iron Man 2, The Dark World, the second Avengers, Iron Man 3, none are as good as the original entry in their respective franchises.

thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:56 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top