Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spider-Man Now Part Of The MCU

2 posters

Go down

Spider-Man Now Part Of The MCU Empty Spider-Man Now Part Of The MCU

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:27 pm

Old news, but what the hell:

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/02/19/welcome-to-the-mcu-spider-man-2707051?lt_source=external,manual

WELCOME TO THE MCU, SPIDER-MAN!
by Ronell Nellz Rashid ⋅ Posted on February 18th, 2015 at 7:05pm

SPIDER-MAN COMES TO THE MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE

One of the best news I ever received or read regarding Marvel and it's Cinematic Universe was the recent news of a widely popular, fan favorite, friendly neighborhood web head slinging his way onto the big screen with our other beloved heroes. Oh yes that's right, Sony and Marvel have finally reached a deal to allow Spider-Man to swing into the MCU and for some heroes already in the MCU to appear in solo Spider-Man movies.

This is the moment I and I'm pretty much sure other fans of Marvel and it's universe have been waiting for for quite some time now. And quite honestly I'm still trying to imagine and process in my head what it will be like to see him on the big screen and sharing the spotlight with Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk and others.

It's been revealed that Spidey will make his appearance in a upcoming phase 3 film, which a lot of people speculate will be the upcoming Captain America: Civil War since that makes the most sense seeing as though Spider-Man plays such a huge role in the civil war.

Along with the news of Spider-Man returning is also the news that Andrew Garfield possibly may not be reprising his role as Peter Parker/Spider-Man and that yet again we're getting a brand new Peter Parker instead. I've heard mixed reviews/reactions to this news, a fair amount of people were upset by this including me slightly, since I'm a fan of Garfield's portrayal of Spider-Man and I deem it to be flawless and pretty much spot on. Though he may not be the BEST Peter Parker,there's no denying his Spider-Man portrayal as anything other than down packed and straight out of the comics.

I've read articles claiming that actors, Logan Lerman, Dylan O'Brien, Donald Glover and Taron Egerton are fan choices who are rumored to be in the running for the role of Spidey and honestly out of those choices I'd narrow it down to Lerman or O'Brien. I'd love it if Marvel/Sony never reveal the actor behind the mask until the moment where Spider-Man unmasks himself on national TV like in the comic, if he is to appear in Captain America: Civil War.

I think that way it'd be a surprise for everyone and the reactions from people upon seeing the new Peter would be so amazing.

So tell me, Upon hearing this news how did you react? Or who do you think should play Spider-Man now?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Spider-Man Now Part Of The MCU Empty Re: Spider-Man Now Part Of The MCU

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:40 pm

I went on the record for liking (not loving but liking) Amazing Spider-Man 2. But this. Is. Awesome!

I'd kinda like Garfield to stick around for continuity's sake (because I'm sick of reboots, restarts, remakes, vague histories and all that other bullshit).

Plus, this is all the reinforcement I'll ever need about what a flash in the pan Spider-Man in movies has always been. It's been diminishing returns from day one with this franchise. Plus, remember when the Apologists invoked Spider-Man as a fluke? An exception to prove the rule that audiences were losing interest in comic films? Thus Singerman underperformed. Yes, I really enjoyed AS and AS2's lackluster box office showings on that basis.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:50 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:I went on the record for liking (not loving but liking) Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Which blows my friggin' mind....

But this. Is. Awesome!

Agreed.

I'd kinda like Garfield to stick around for continuity's sake (because I'm sick of reboots, restarts, remakes, vague histories and all that other bullshit).

Rumor is, he was fired back in October for shit-talking Sony higher-ups, and being VERY opinionated about the failure(s) of 'ASM2'.

Plus, this is all the reinforcement I'll ever need about what a flash in the pan Spider-Man in movies has always been. It's been diminishing returns from day one with this franchise. Plus, remember when the Apologists invoked Spider-Man as a fluke? An exception to prove the rule that audiences were losing interest in comic films? Thus Singerman underperformed. Yes, I really enjoyed AS and AS2's lackluster box office showings on that basis.

Sony has been extremely stupid in their handling of the Spider-Man franchise. 5 films that have followed almost the exact same storyline/structure. Far too much focus on the romance/drama, not enough time making the "funnest" superhero seem, well, FUN.

It's there that I think Marvel Studios is going to set things right.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:35 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:I went on the record for liking (not loving but liking) Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Which blows my friggin' mind....
I liked the new hero theme, Garfield seemed more comfortable in the role and it felt like this was the build up to a bigger and more interesting third movie... without yet another storyline bogged down in juvenile romantic bullshit. Yes, Spider-Man is defined by his various loves in ways that a lot of other characters aren't but fuck's sake there's no excuse for how out of control the MJ and Gwen shit has gotten in his movies.

Apologist Puncher wrote:Rumor is, he was fired back in October for shit-talking Sony higher-ups, and being VERY opinionated about the failure(s) of 'ASM2'.
Yes, I heard that rumor too. Very honestly, he's always had a big mouth. Hollyweird isn't a place on the map. It's not an industry. It's a borderline fucking religious cult and if you run off at the mouth about the wrong person too often (sometimes once is more than enough), that's it. You're done. They made you. They can unmake you just as easily. He needed to learn when to keep his mouth shut. I suspect he will one way or the other from now on.

Apologist Puncher wrote:Sony has been extremely stupid in their handling of the Spider-Man franchise. 5 films that have followed almost the exact same storyline/structure. Far too much focus on the romance/drama, not enough time making the "funnest" superhero seem, well, FUN.
As above, I think a strong argument exists that a third movie might've been a major departure from what came before. For the better. We'll probably never know now and, under the circumstances, I can live with that.

Apologist Puncher wrote:It's there that I think Marvel Studios is going to set things right.
It's just been such a waste. You know? The Raimi Spider-Man films had moments and instances of Stan Lee/John Romita greatness. But I couldn't quite shake the suspicion that somebody somewhere in the works was undermining what those movies could've been.

The one thing nobody's saying right now is that Marvel won't kick ass at this. They turned fucking IRON MAN into an A-lister. What might they be able to do with their flagship character? The possibilities are virtually endless. I enjoyed Andrew Garfield in the role but there's no way that Marvel will goof Spider-Man up in the MCU. Just won't happen.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down