Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not Sure Where Else To Post This....

3 posters

Go down

Not Sure Where Else To Post This.... Empty Not Sure Where Else To Post This....

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:18 pm

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/08/06/warner-bros-announces-10-dc-comic-film-release-dates/

Warner Bros Announces 10 DC Comic Film Release Dates
Posted on August 6, 2014 by Mark Seifert

Here’s some of the fireworks everyone was expecting during San Diego Comic Con.  Warner Bros has just announced a total of 10 DC Comic-related film dates, including a new date for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice (new date): 03/25/2016
Untitled DC Film:  08/05/2016
Untitled DC Film:  06/23/2017
Untitled DC Film:  11/17/2017
Untitled DC Film:  03/23/2018
Untitled DC Film:  07/27/2018
Untitled DC Film:  04/05/2019
Untitled DC Film:  06/14/2019
Untitled DC Film:  04/03/2020
Untitled DC Film:  06/19/2020
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Not Sure Where Else To Post This.... Empty Re: Not Sure Where Else To Post This....

Post  non_amos Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:37 am

I wonder what August 6 is? But Marvel apologists won't support this either I fear. Why the hate?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Not Sure Where Else To Post This.... Empty Re: Not Sure Where Else To Post This....

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:32 pm

non_amos wrote:I wonder what August 6 is? But Marvel apologists won't support this either I fear. Why the hate?
08.05. And my guess is it'll be something WB can slap together since they've got two years to get this thing going.

Russell Crowe suggested a film about Krypton to introduce a sort of intra-universe for Superman where we get backstory about Krypton's history, Jor-El and other shit. He was clear that he was speaking hypothetically; he wasn't "announcing" anything. But I think there's a lot of mojo to that idea. Superman's a huge character.

You could develop spinoff franchises from properties like the World of Krypton (I refer to the 1970's thing, not that World of New Krypton shite from a few years ago), Supergirl, the Special Crimes Unit (although this may be more of a TV show), Guardian and Project Cadmus (you could do this as a sort of high concept sci-fi thriller with Dabney Donovan as the big bad), the New Gods (you know this is coming anyway so why short change it?) and even more esoteric characters like Gangbuster as a sort of human middleground between Batman and Superman's worldviews and probably other stuff too.

Between Wolverine, the Sinister Six, Guardians of the Galaxy and whatever else, the trend right now seems to be about going into niche territories. Well, Superman's got TONS of niche concepts that could serve as vehicles for films, TV shows or whatever else. In fact, I daresay Superman's world is probably the most friendly to spinoffs and shit.

So I'm hoping at least a few of those movies will be Superman spinoffs.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down