Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Darkseid Until 'JLA 2'?

3 posters

Go down

No Darkseid Until 'JLA 2'? Empty No Darkseid Until 'JLA 2'?

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:35 pm

http://badassdigest.com/2014/08/03/who-is-star-lords-father/

A geeky side-note: it would be amazing if the Eternals, a really lesser-known part of the Marvel Universe, made it to the big screen before the New Gods, DC's pantheon of cosmic beings. Jack Kirby created both, but he created the Eternals only after his Fourth World Saga at DC had been canceled. Thanos himself is more or less a knock-off of Kirby's Darkseid, and The Eternals picked up a lot of the thematic concerns Kirby had in his New Gods books. My sources tell me not to expect Darkseid in the DC movieverse until Justice League 2, so that means a Guardians 2 in 2017 would definitely have the Eternals beating the New Gods to big screens.

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

No Darkseid Until 'JLA 2'? Empty Re: No Darkseid Until 'JLA 2'?

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:28 pm

From a creative standpoint, it makes sense to build up to Darkseid. Especially since you can use characters like Starro or Despero or Mongul or whoever else for heavies that the Justice League of America can punch around.

From a marketing standpoint though, I'm sick of people thinking Spider-Man invented the shirt rip, the Avengers pre-existed the JLA and the Avengers movie is the first shared superhero universe in live action. Looks like we can add the Eternals pre-existing the New Gods to the cascade of bullshit pop-wisdom that comprises the Internet.

*sigh*

Last edited by thecolorsblend on Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:35 am

^What he said.

Bur for how I feel about this, just look over at the other post about the next film moving to March 2016. My comments there would also pretty much parallel what you're saying here. Same premise, slightly different subject.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down