Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FILMING HAS WRAPPED?!

3 posters

Go down

FILMING HAS WRAPPED?! Empty FILMING HAS WRAPPED?!

Post  non_amos Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:30 pm

I still need to find that other article to quote Michael B. Jordan but I just found this one today & it's just too good an opportunity to pass up!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/311413-production-wraps-on-the-fantastic-four-reboot

Production Wraps on The Fantastic Four Reboot

Spencer Perry Aug 02, 2014

Production on The Fantastic Four began at the start of the summer and star Kate Mara took to Twitter this morning to announce they have finally wrapped on the upcoming reboot. In her tweet, Mara also revealed an image of all four main cast members together which you can check out below.

Mara is joined by Miles Teller, Jamie Bell, and Michael B. Jordan to form the titular group in the film which also stars Toby Kebbell as Victor Von Doom, Reg E. Cathey as Dr. Franklin Storm, and Tim Blake Nelson as Harvey Elder, aka The Mole Man. Directed by Chronicle‘s Josh Trank, The Fantastic Four is set for release on June 19, 2015.

Click on the image to see a bigger version!

FILMING HAS WRAPPED?! Zthe-f10

the ff640

I don't think there's a property that I will ever be as glad to see return to MARVEL STUDIOS as this one! Can you say train wreck?  Rolling Eyes 
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

FILMING HAS WRAPPED?! Empty Re: FILMING HAS WRAPPED?!

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:01 pm

FILMING HAS WRAPPED?! Ngbbs4d348f70c83b8
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:54 pm

AP, you're actually right. If I remember correctly from even reading some of the comments to that article it seemed like people were more concerned with how well GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY was performing than they were this with garbage!

Something else. I've read that they started filming at the end of June. Now on August 2 they've already wrapped it?! Now, granted I'm sure that doesn't include post FX & such but really? Only about 5 weeks of filming for what's supposed to be a major tentpole?! You've gotta be kidding me! Didn't even CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER have something like 3 solid months of filming alone if not more? And that's not even what I'd call a CGI-heavy film like FF is supposed to be.

Know what I think? This is gonna make Roger Corman's version look like THE GODFATHER & make Corman himself look like he won an Oscar! A sad indictment indeed.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:16 pm

non_amos wrote:I don't think there's a property that I will ever be as glad to see return to MARVEL STUDIOS as this one! Can you say train wreck?  Rolling Eyes 
You'd be more interested in seeing the FF go back to Marvel than the Punisher? Daredevil (notwithstanding that he has gone back)? The X-Men? Spider-Man? Or any of the rest?

... Well, okay...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:23 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:
non_amos wrote:I don't think there's a property that I will ever be as glad to see return to MARVEL STUDIOS as this one! Can you say train wreck?  Rolling Eyes 
You'd be more interested in seeing the FF go back to Marvel than the Punisher? Daredevil (notwithstanding that he has gone back)? The X-Men? Spider-Man? Or any of the rest?

... Well, okay...

Punisher is back already too.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:16 am

thecolorsblend wrote:

... Well, okay...

Maybe I need to clarify that a little.

Yeah, I'd like Spiderman back at Marvel but like most people I know there's not a snowball's chance of that happening anytime soon. Plus, I've pretty much liked the existing franchises. I liked Raimiverse but I've also liked the reboot even though a reboot wasn't really necessary. So while I don't agree with everything Sony does with Spidey for the most part I still enjoy the films. Could be better but I'm sure it could also be far worse.

I could make a similar statement for the X-Men films at Fox. Although I'm not a supporter of Bryan Singerman & still haven't forgotten what he did to the Superman film franchise, I still tend to like the films & since I wasn't really a die-hard X-Men fan growing up, I even liked the The Last Stand by Brett Ratner. So as for the films I really liked the first two, especially the second one. For more recent films First Class & Days Of Future Past. So yeah, I really dug the newest film in spite of Singer. And like with Spidey I'd prefer they be at Marvel exclusively but it could be far worse.

Which brings me to Fantastic Four. I liked the Tim Story films even though a lot of people didn't. I felt they got some things right like the friendly rivalry between Johnny Storm & Ben Grimm. But here's where things diverge. Unlike Spidey & X-Men, who somehow managed to still pull out some decent films in spite of being at other studios, I don't foresee the same fate awaiting FF. Not at all. I see this reboot as a total disregard for the source material! I grew up reading FF comics. They were one of my favorite teams. I especially enjoyed John Byrne's run as a young adult. And remember, this is the team that made Marvel Comics! What Stan Lee & Jack Kirby accomplished back in 1961 pretty much changed the industry & led to a whole slew of new Marvel characters including the ones I've been discussing. But FF paved the way.

So yeah, for Josh Trank to come along & just take a dump all over this franchise, it really pisses me off! Spidey & X-Men ain't perfect but I can overlook some of those things but this? Uh-uh.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down