Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Image Of Cavill's "New" Superman Suit For 'Bv.S'

4 posters

Go down

First Image Of Cavill's "New" Superman Suit For 'Bv.S' Empty First Image Of Cavill's "New" Superman Suit For 'Bv.S'

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:50 pm

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2014/07/03/henry-cavill-batman-superman-movie-first-look/11310229/

'Justice' is served with another helping of Superman

Brian Truitt, USA TODAY 5 a.m. EDT July 3, 2014

Henry Cavill returns as the Man of Steel as Zack Snyder builds a superhero movie universe.

First Image Of Cavill's "New" Superman Suit For 'Bv.S' 1404338747000-USA-Today-Online2

Who's better, Superman or Batman? Zack Snyder doesn't have to choose a favorite since he's getting to put both on the big screen at the same time.

The director of last year's Man of Steel doubles down on A-list superheroes in his follow-up Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (in theaters May 6, 2016), teaming a returning Henry Cavill as the big guy in the cape and "S" on his chest with Ben Affleck as the latest cinematic incarnation of the Dark Knight.

By bringing in more DC Comics do-gooders such as Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot) and Cyborg (Ray Fisher), the new movie is thicker, denser and more epic than Man of Steel, according to Snyder. And it's also the next step toward building a strong movie universe that ultimately leads to Snyder's Justice League, the supergroup answer to Marvel's The Avengers, tentatively scheduled for a 2018 release.

Now filming in Detroit, Dawn of Justice is pretty much a thrill every day for the admitted comic fan. "It's not an un-fun job, I will say that," Snyder says.

Man of Steel was all about Superman finding his place in the world as both a hero and as a man, ultimately saving the city of Metropolis from certain doom. Dawn of Justice continues to immerse him on Earth by working at the Daily Planet as Clark Kent along with Lois Lane (Amy Adams) and Perry White (Laurence Fishburne). But it also takes him to new environments such as Gotham City and introduces larger threats, including Lex Luthor (Jesse Eisenberg).

Really digging in and evolving the character — both as Clark and as Superman — is a challenge, Snyder says, but there's also "the fun of trying to figure out what to put in front of him that's difficult."

Cavill is definitely more comfortable in the role the second time around, says the director.

"We've both created this guy and we can push him around a little bit," he says. "The more time I spend with Henry, the more he's Superman to me."

The debuting heroes Superman meets will affect his perspective on Earth and on the ones he loves, and Snyder feels his convictions will be drawn into question as well.

When developing Man of Steel, Snyder didn't harbor dreams of one day putting Batman on screen, too — he figured he'd one day tackle an adaptation of Frank Miller's seminal 1980s masterpiece The Dark Knight Returns, which pits a retired Batman against government agent Superman.

It ultimately made sense with Dawn of Justice to add Bruce Wayne and his cowled alter ego to the mix. Because of Christopher Nolan's recent Dark Knight trilogy, "I was in no rush to put Batman in the movie," Snyder says, "but on the other hand it seemed organic the way our story was unfolding to start to feather him in."

Instead of using several movies to define Affleck's Batman, Snyder felt the character's 75-year mythology is so deep in culture now that they can just jump to an older, road-weary take on the Dark Knight. Plus, he says, "it's cooler to see a crusty old Batman beating the snot out of guys."

The director can't say exactly how the relationship between the two superheroes evolves, "but suffice it to say there is a 'v' in between their names" in the movie title, Snyder says. He explains that having the "v" instead of "vs." is a way "to keep it from being a straight 'versus' movie, even in the most subtle way."

Snyder's only done a few scenes so far with Cavill and Affleck together, but the historical significance isn't lost on him, he says. "It's never really been done and it's kinda cool."

Similarly, Snyder also knows that putting the iconic superheroine Wonder Woman on a movie screen is a big deal, too. He says he hasn't filmed any scenes with Gadot as the Amazonian princess yet, but "she's working out and getting buff and ripped."

While Snyder is surprised in a way that fans are already so pumped for Dawn of Justice, he also understands the anticipation.

"You can talk all you want about other superhero movies, but it's Batman and Superman, let's just be honest," Snyder says. "I don't know how you get bigger than that."

I've noticed a few things:

-Collar is lower.

-No grey piping around cape attachment. (Guess I was wrong about this one)

-Slightly smaller 'S'.

-Yellow more pronounced.

-The "ribbing" is thicker, more blue-grey than just just grey.

-Belt buckle is rectangular.

-Buckle & sides are silver instead of yellow.

-Hairstyle.

Did  miss anything?

Last edited by Apologist Puncher on Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added new observations / corrected where wrong.)
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

First Image Of Cavill's "New" Superman Suit For 'Bv.S' Empty Re: First Image Of Cavill's "New" Superman Suit For 'Bv.S'

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:53 pm

Here's most of his Clark Kent too:

First Image Of Cavill's "New" Superman Suit For 'Bv.S' Cavill10
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

First Image Of Cavill's "New" Superman Suit For 'Bv.S' Empty Re: First Image Of Cavill's "New" Superman Suit For 'Bv.S'

Post  non_amos Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:44 pm

I saw that Superman image before work & the CK one like a day or 2 ago but as usual working about all the time. Glad someone posted them. So here I was getting my hopes up for the return of the red trunks only to be disappointed again. Other than that it looks great but if you really want a laugh, just head over to Singer Homo Hype & read the comments for the same article. Some things never change I guess.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:58 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:I've noticed a few things:

-Collar is lower.
I thought the MOS collar was low enough. But this is lower. And looks pretty cool. I'm prepared to call this an improvement over the original.

Apologist Puncher wrote:-Slightly smaller 'S'.
There's a texture or relief or something that traces the contours of the S. Sort of an S within the S. This was a big part of the MOS merch but I don't remember it being so prominent on the movie uniform.

Apologist Puncher wrote:-Hairstyle.
Yep. That's a major difference. It works for me though. Clark's hair can be messy while Superman's is more precise. Good contrast. It stands to reason that the hairstyle would change. When Superman first popped up in MOS, he had no idea what he was doing or what would come next. But now he does. It makes sense that he'd want to distinguish Clark from Superman in even subtle ways where possible.

Apologist Puncher wrote:Did miss anything?
People are saying Cavill's noticeably more blocky and massive this time around than he was in MOS. Tough to say. He was already pretty big. But he does seem bigger to me too. Then again, with the knowledge since this time last summer that he was definitely coming back for a sequel, I guess he's spent four days a week in the gym.

By the way, I get a sort of Alex Ross vibe from that picture. Reminds me of some Kingdom Come sketches I saw.

Overall, I can't help but laugh. Remember when the Apologists were all "confirming" that Singerman 2- Boy of Pleather had "secretly" gone into production and WB was trying to sneak it by us? They sure seem to be shouting BvS stuff from the rooftops.

non_amos wrote:Other than that it looks great but if you really want a laugh, just head over to Singer Homo Hype & read the comments for the same article. Some things never change I guess.
But some things do. I haven't scrolled through every last comment over on Eunuch's page but I didn't see so much as one negative remark. Guess the Apologists have all been kicked out by now. I haven't forgiven and I won't forget (especially since Eunuch only abandoned the Apologists to protect his bottom line) but it does amuse me how they did end zone dances each time a Realist was banned from the page. I wonder if they appreciate the poetic justice here.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:32 am

thecolorsblend wrote:

But some things do. I haven't scrolled through every last comment over on Eunuch's page but I didn't see so much as one negative remark. Guess the Apologists have all been kicked out by now. I haven't forgiven and I won't forget (especially since Eunuch only abandoned the Apologists to protect his bottom line) but it does amuse me how they did end zone dances each time a Realist was banned from the page. I wonder if they appreciate the poetic justice here.

Yeah I remember too how when the Sucks blog was going so strong due to the negative reaction to Singerman how that some of them even came over from duh Homopage, in some cases not even really hiding their ID, that is, except Fagley called himself Armstrong. It was so hilarious how they tried to figure us out, call us out, etc.

Good times!  cheers
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:35 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:People are saying Cavill's noticeably more blocky and massive this time around than he was in MOS. Tough to say. He was already pretty big. But he does seem bigger to me too. Then again, with the knowledge since this time last summer that he was definitely coming back for a sequel, I guess he's spent four days a week in the gym.

Oh, he is most DEFINITELY bigger. Can't believe I didn't mention that. It looks like they had him bulk up in a high protein / heavy weight regiment instead of trying to keep him lean and using a lot of resistance exercises / calorie cutting routine.

I approve.

By the way, I get a sort of Alex Ross vibe from that picture. Reminds me of some Kingdom Come sketches I saw.

This?

First Image Of Cavill's "New" Superman Suit For 'Bv.S' Sketch-1

Overall, I can't help but laugh. Remember when the Apologists were all "confirming" that Singerman 2- Boy of Pleather had "secretly" gone into production and WB was trying to sneak it by us? They sure seem to be shouting BvS stuff from the rooftops.

I love that the Bros. Warner have COMPLETELY distanced themselves from Singer's abomination.

Poetic Justice.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:04 pm

Snyder having some fun, "twatted" this:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=104217

First Image Of Cavill's "New" Superman Suit For 'Bv.S' Cavill11
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:14 pm

I didn't reply to this? Apparently not...

thecolorsblend wrote:By the way, I get a sort of Alex Ross vibe from that picture. Reminds me of some Kingdom Come sketches I saw.
Apologist Puncher wrote:This?

First Image Of Cavill's "New" Superman Suit For 'Bv.S' Sketch-1
Yup, that'd be the one.

Apologist Puncher wrote:I love that the Bros. Warner have COMPLETELY distanced themselves from Singer's abomination.

Poetic Justice.
Indeed. I remember even as far along as 2008 (which in the Singerman "franchise" is quite a long time) there were still occasional bits of Singerman-oriented items coming out. The last thing I can remember was a greeting card. It too ended up getting discounted like everything else from that unfixable turd of a turdy mcturd of a turd bomb. There may have been something else after that but that's the last thing I can clearly remember from Singerman.

Meanwhile, MOS stuff has been a steady seller (which, in today's toy/collectible environment is saying a lot) and Cavill's likeness dominates wherever New 52 doesn't.

Game, set, match: Snyder.

Apologist Puncher wrote:Snyder having some fun, "twatted" this:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=104217

First Image Of Cavill's "New" Superman Suit For 'Bv.S' Cavill11
Heh, cheeky...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

First Image Of Cavill's "New" Superman Suit For 'Bv.S' Empty Watch Video For A GOOD LOOK at SUIT

Post  Rduce Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:34 pm

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/henry-cavill-and-amy-adams-accept-als-ice-bucket-challenge-1201291169/

Rduce

User Reputation : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down