Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice' General News

+3
lib
non_amos
thecolorsblend
7 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

'Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice' General News - Page 3 Empty Re: 'Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice' General News

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:19 am

thecolorsblend wrote:I'd be tempted to give MOS II a 3 out of 5 based on that alone if they did that.

I would do it in a heartbeat. Can you imagine the Twit-bitching coming from that drama queen if it were to happen??

Hey. I came up with a new word to describe a pathetic social media "outlet" I don't use!
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

'Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice' General News - Page 3 Empty Re: 'Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice' General News

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:37 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:I would do it in a heartbeat. Can you imagine the Twit-bitching coming from that drama queen if it were to happen??
What the hell difference does it make? I doubt he has very many followers on there. Apart from Blandon, that is.

Apologist Puncher wrote:Hey. I came up with a new word to describe a pathetic social media "outlet" I don't use!
Good on you. The essence of these things is to read and instantly understand the meaning without needing explanation. You succeeded admirably.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:59 pm

Just got this news from Comicbookmovie.com although most of you might accept this as nothing more than bullshit but anyways... This is from an article posted at Moviepilot.com involving the background of Affleck's role as Bruce Wayne/Batman and how he'll be portray in the upcoming & so-called sequel to "Man of Steel"

Originally posted at Moviepilot.com:

• BatFleck will be 40 years old, retired.

• The Batsuit and Batmobile are A...MA...ZING!!!!

• Except for several details, the events that took place in the NolanVerse are going to be Canon. Thalia's involvement in the events of TDKR will not be canon, the supposed death of Bane is also not canon. Other small details are made non-canon.

• After the events of TDKR, BatFleck retired to rebuild Gotham as Bruce Wayne. Robin (in the TDKR but not played by JGL) becomes his first protege as NightWing. There is a 7-year time period between the event in the TDKR and MoS. So, BatFleck has been retired for 7 years.

• During this time, knowing that crime needs to be dealt with, BatFleck constituted the BatFamily: NightWing, BatWing, BatGirl, RedRobin and Robin. The latter died at the hand of The Joker who escaped during the TDKR's event but then reappeared. As a way of getting BatFleck's attention, the Joker devised a plan to attack one of his proteges. He targeted the youngest and less experienced one - Robin. He killed him and BatFleck has been blaming himself day and night for it, this sets up a Batman: Under The Red Hood solo movie.

• In addition to his [Bat Family], BatFleck has launched a bunch of BatDrones & BatAndroids ("[Bat Army]") Bruce Wayne is one of the most influential man on the planet due to his rebuilding agenda in Gotham, and the rise of Wayne Enterprises.

• Gotham City is basically led by [Bruce Wayne & Wayne Enterprises] by day and the [Bat Family] & [Bat Army] by night. Bruce Wayne has to find time to manage both sides. And, he does. There have been speculation that Bruce Wayne is an ally of the Batman. Bruce admits that he's been "financing" the Batman. But, he says he's never actually met the Batman. He argues that the Batman is making Gotham City a safer place. He argues that without the Batman, Gotham would have been destroyed. This is, of course, the general consensus in the populace. Hence, the fact that he's siding with Batman does not really raise any concerns.

• After the TDKR's event and before MoS, Gotham city is internationally known as the Batman's City. The Batman became an international Legend, the Bat symbol is now viewed as a symbol of Justice, Defiance, and Courage. People are increasingly believing that BatFleck's still alive and kicking...watching over Gotham as a guardian angel. The authorities don't like this, they don't like how the mythos of this vigilante is making them look like a bunch of P****. They would like to put a stop to the [Bat Family] and the [Bat Army]. In other words, the Batman is an embarrassment to them, he's a problem.

• BatFleck is concerned by the events of MoS. Bane's terror in Gotham is still fresh in his memory; the reconstruction of Gotham is not completely done. Everyone saw what this alien is capable of. BatFleck is the world's greatest Detective and Prep. Expert; he decides to research every single details there is to know about Kal-El.

• Bruce Wayne wants to get involved with the reconstruction of Metropolis. This means that Wayne Enterprises and LexCorp have to work together. He's not thrilled about it but it's for the greater good.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the Nolanverse and the DC Cinematic Universe are NOT one of the same?

Last edited by Comicbookfan-V2 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:22 pm

Part of me wants to chastise you for not providing a link (now, "comicbookmovie.com" isn't enough) but the other part of me doesn't believe a single word of that post in the first place so it feels like picking gnat shit out of pepper to throw a fit about the missing hyperlink.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:24 pm

Yeah, that's a bunch of "I wish" bullshit.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:01 pm

Yes it is. What gets me about this nonsense is all this double-talk. Nolanverse is canon. But it isn't. Sorta. Not really. Mini-Bane was there but his death wasn't canon?! Huh?! We have Dick Grayson completely bypass Robin & go straight to Nightwing & let some other sap be Robin & get killed by the Joker?! I might could buy the Joker escaping from prison due to the events of TDKR but all this 'pick & choose' what you want for canon is total bull. This whole thing just reeks of fanboy whanking.

Michael D. Jordan for Robin!  Wink
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:22 am

You know, whether Nolan continues lending his name to the Superman films or not, would anybody care to wager that he could probably tell WB NOT to use his Batman or story ideas and they'd probably not do it? I mean, this is the guy who allegedly threw a hissy fit when the Justice League: Mortal thing was underway. He may be the person most responsible for that film being aborted. So if he can kill a multi-hundred million dollar movie, does anybody doubt WB would back down if he told them not to use his story ideas?

Plus, duh, let's use some common sense. Kevin Smith made it sound like the Batman suit for Affleck will look nothing like anything we've seen on film before. To me, that means it'll look nothing like Nolan's football uniform with a cape TDK outfit. So if he looks nothing like Nolan's Batman, why the hell would anybody think he'll have Nolan's Batman's history?

I was this close to questioning how stupid admins of these gossip sites ever let bullshit like this run but then I remember all they care about is ad revenue from clicks so it's in their financial interest to run as much insane bullshit as possible, facts be damned.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

'Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice' General News - Page 3 Empty May Open In UK Before USA

Post  Rduce Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:14 pm

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2014/04/11/batmansuperman-may-debut-in-uk-before-america/

Rduce

User Reputation : -17

Back to top Go down

'Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice' General News - Page 3 Empty Read The Comment Section!

Post  Rduce Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:37 pm

http://woodtv.com/2014/04/27/batman-vs-superman-casting-call-near-detroit/

Rduce

Back to top Go down

'Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice' General News - Page 3 Empty Damon Confirms He Is Not Aquaman and He's Seen the Batsuit

Post  Rduce Tue May 06, 2014 12:07 am

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/articles/551086/20140505/man-steel-2-cast-news-aquaman-mat.htm

TCB EDIT- Matt Damon isn't playing Aquaman and Affleck's suit looks great.

Last edited by thecolorsblend on Tue May 06, 2014 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Summaries are a wonderful thing. You might try one sometime.)

Rduce

Back to top Go down

'Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice' General News - Page 3 Empty Batman vs. Superman- Dawn of Justice

Post  thecolorsblend Wed May 21, 2014 10:33 pm

Batman vs. Superman- Dawn of Justice

'Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice' General News - Page 3 Tt10

http://batmanvsupermandawnofjustice.com
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Wed May 21, 2014 10:42 pm

I'm not too crazy about the subtitle "Dawn of Justice". It feels exactly like the kind of generic title a studio would go for. Something like BATMAN & SUPERMAN: WORLD'S FINEST works so much better. I can imagine how many meetings it took with the WB executives to settle on a title.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat May 24, 2014 5:03 am

James Stocks wrote:I'm not too crazy about the subtitle "Dawn of Justice". It feels exactly like the kind of generic title a studio would go for. Something like BATMAN & SUPERMAN: WORLD'S FINEST works so much better. I can imagine how many meetings it took with the WB executives to settle on a title.

Really, is it any worse than 'Captain America: The First Avenger'?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Sat May 24, 2014 8:50 am

My only issue with that is the unnecessary subtitle. In this case there's also the VS, or just "V". Never was crazy about this kind of promotion that there would be some kind of showdown, but maybe that's what they'll actually go for. Either way, the title is just nitpicking. I really dig CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER anyway and I can't imagine not liking BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE merely based on the title.

As far as Superman and Batman meeting for the first time and having their first adventure, my favorite is Bruce Timm's "World's Finest". I love it because it does it a great job of balancing how awesome the two characters are and how their worlds could co-exist. I know people who have trouble grasping with the idea that they could ever live in a shared universe, and I always just point to what Bruce Timm did there or at least JUSTICE LEAGUE as proof that it can work.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon May 26, 2014 10:14 pm

Reading some people's reactions online is kind of funny. People whining about Batman coming first, No 'Man Of Steel' in the title, the 'Dawn Of Justice' sub-title. So far, all we have seen is the logo, title, and Aff-Bat's suit. We don't know SHIT about what EXACTLY the movie will be about.

For me, they can call it "Pointy Ears V. Red Cape: The Firstening" for all I care, as long as the movie is great
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

'Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice' General News - Page 3 Empty Joker May Make A Cameo?

Post  Rduce Wed May 28, 2014 6:50 pm

DETROIT, MI -- The Zack Snyder-directed "Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice" film to be shot in Detroit could get a cameo from one of the most recognizable villains of all-time.

The Australian news outlet Metro reports actor Adrien Brody is interested in playing The Joker in the film scheduled for a May 6, 2016 release.

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/detroit/index.ssf/2014/05/batman_vs_superman_adrien_brod.html

Rduce

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu May 29, 2014 12:39 am

Is the Joker even gonna be in this film? Period?!

I'm all for the Joker being in a rebooted Batman mythos. The only obstacle I see is people just can't let go of Heath Ledger. Even though it'll be 8 years by the time this film comes out. Oy.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu May 29, 2014 1:23 am

non_amos wrote:Is the Joker even gonna be in this film? Period?!

I'm all for the Joker being in a rebooted Batman mythos. The only obstacle I see is people just can't let go of Heath Ledger. Even though it'll be 8 years by the time this film comes out. Oy.
I've said a lot of the staunchest Nolan Nazis are in hibernation because they got what they wanted. What's left to whine about now?

But if anything could stir them out of their stupor, a new Joker would. Ledger's the lynchpin of every talking point they've got. They'd see a new Joker as a "threat" to Ledger's legacy. You think the backlash against Affleck was bad? That's Disneyland compared to what'll happen if a new Joker pops up in the next few years.

Me, I'm kind of sick of the Joker. He's a good character but there's more to Batman than that one villain. I think he's been way overexposed the past several years. It'd be just wonderful if we could get some different Batman villains in live action.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

'Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice' General News - Page 3 Empty Joker Again

Post  Rduce Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:37 am

DETROIT, MI -- If "Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice" director Zack Snyder wants to cast someone as The Joker in his new film to be shot in Detroit, he certainly appears to have at least a few options.

There's now speculation, courtesy of TMZ, that Australian actor Callan Mulvey could be cast for the role.

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/detroit/index.ssf/2014/05/batman_vs_superman_another_pot.html

Rduce

Back to top Go down

'Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice' General News - Page 3 Empty New Suit For Henry

Post  Rduce Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:55 am

DETROIT, MI -- Oscar-nominated costume designer Michael Wilkinson reportedly has plans to spend plenty of time in Detroit this year on the new "Batman vs. Superman" film directed by Zack Snyder.

Wilkinson told Henry Cavill News' Yvette Caballero in an interview posted on the website Tuesday he'll be in Detroit through December and has "tweaked" the Superman suit actor Henry Cavill will wear for the movie.

Rduce

Back to top Go down

'Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice' General News - Page 3 Empty No Longer Pretending to be a Man Of Steel Sequel?

Post  Rduce Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:54 pm

Shortly after the big reveal of new Batman Ben Affleck’s costume and ride, we learned that the official title of director Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel sequel is Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice. The new title led to the question of whether or not the film can still be considered a direct Man of Steel sequel at all.

If the persistent casting rumors over the past six months or so weren’t enough of a hint, it’s becoming clear that Batman V Superman will serve as the latest chapter in an ongoing DC Cinematic Universe saga. Fans may have expected Warner Bros. to copy emulate Marvel and release a series of standalone superhero films before a big Justice League team-up, but it’s clear at this point that’s not the case.

http://screenrant.com/batman-v-superman-james-gordon-emily-blunt-role/

Rduce

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:51 pm

Rduce wrote:Shortly after the big reveal of new Batman Ben Affleck’s costume and ride, we learned that the official title of director Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel sequel is Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice. The new title led to the question of whether or not the film can still be considered a direct Man of Steel sequel at all.

If the persistent casting rumors over the past six months or so weren’t enough of a hint, it’s becoming clear that Batman V Superman will serve as the latest chapter in an ongoing DC Cinematic Universe saga. Fans may have expected Warner Bros. to copy emulate Marvel and release a series of standalone superhero films before a big Justice League team-up, but it’s clear at this point that’s not the case.

http://screenrant.com/batman-v-superman-james-gordon-emily-blunt-role/
They'd bitch and complain if WB followed Marvel's example note for note. They live to whine and gripe. Fuck 'em.

Besides, assuming the above is right, this leaves MOS II on the table for the future.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:57 am

Some Spanish-only website is claiming Emily Blunt MIGHT be in 'BV.S', but I don't think it's worth linking to.

Yet.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:40 am

Kara Zor-El is being insinuated for her, i.e., Supergirl. And based on events in MOS she's supposedly been on Earth for 18,000 years. Time will tell but let me ask this. Is Superman still in this film LOL?  Wink 
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:18 pm

non_amos wrote:Kara Zor-El is being insinuated for her, i.e., Supergirl. And based on events in MOS she's supposedly been on Earth for 18,000 years. Time will tell but let me ask this. Is Superman still in this film LOL?  Wink 
See this? Right here? This is me being skeptical.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next