Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FIRST LOOK AT BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN

+4
thecolorsblend
Comicbookfan-V2
Apologist Puncher
lib
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

FIRST LOOK AT BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN Empty FIRST LOOK AT BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN

Post  lib Tue May 13, 2014 12:50 pm

just saw this on superherohype.com

http://www.superherohype.com/news/302125-zack-snyder-reveals-batman-and-the-batmobile
lib
lib
SuperFriend
SuperFriend

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

FIRST LOOK AT BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN Empty Re: FIRST LOOK AT BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue May 13, 2014 1:19 pm

It's definitely different....

FIRST LOOK AT BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN 3hru6p10
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

FIRST LOOK AT BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN Empty Re: FIRST LOOK AT BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Tue May 13, 2014 6:09 pm

Okay some might not enjoy for what I'm about to type here but... I don't usually complain about how Batman's suits look as for as my memory goes but I have a feeling that this suit may not suite well with me. Aside from being a black n' white photo which I can't really tell what color is the suit suppose to be (Assuming it's black & grey) there some parts that kind of bothers me and that is the ears are too short and needs to be longer, his symbol is to wide and needs to be slimmer and some how I doubt his utility belt is gold or bronze but it definitly needs to be that.

The rest however is kind of okay but my complaint still stands also I was kinda hoping the suit would be more in line like this pic below..

FIRST LOOK AT BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN Batman14

And the symbol should be more in line like this pic below...

FIRST LOOK AT BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN Bat_sy10

Just given my two cents here!!!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue May 13, 2014 11:41 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:It's definitely different....

FIRST LOOK AT BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN 3hru6p10
It's hard to say for sure but it looks like a similar design aesthetic as what we saw with the MOS Superman outfit. Doesn't look like "armor" as much. Which I view as a step in the right direction. Plus, it's hard to miss the Miller inspirations of the costume. The bat emblem, the ears, all that jazz.

Overall I'm fairly happy with it. The dude has a bat symbol on his chest so I don't understand what's so terrible about highlighting that fact and giving it some kind of contrast. But I'm not the one getting paid millions of dollars to make this shit so what do I know?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed May 14, 2014 12:12 am

Saw this earlier at SHH. Want a good laugh? Read the comments. They range from 'jizzing' all over one's self to 'haters gonna hate' comments. And some still don't like MOS!  Suspect 

But one thing in that pic causing controversy is what appears to be the Joker's reflection on the vehicle behind Batman but in this pic that 'face' appears to be part of the vehicle so who knows?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Wed May 14, 2014 11:50 pm

I dig it. Seems like a blending of what came before and something closer to the comics. Couple of steps away from the rubber suit.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Thu May 15, 2014 11:30 am

Looks pretty dorky actually. Like the Keaton suit without the yellow oval and bigger symbol, smaller ears. And does anyone really think Ben has bulked up that much or is getting a lot of padding help. Yea, I smell blood in the water...

Rduce

User Reputation : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Thu May 15, 2014 4:03 pm

I think it's a bit of both. He's buff looking, but he still needs some kind of protection for his suit.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu May 15, 2014 7:13 pm

Rduce wrote:Looks pretty dorky actually. Like the Keaton suit without the yellow oval and bigger symbol, smaller ears. And does anyone really think Ben has bulked up that much or is getting a lot of padding help. Yea, I smell blood in the water...

Man, you really ARE a stupid shit, aren't you?

Looks like THIS to you??:

FIRST LOOK AT BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN Batman10

No. No it doesn't, fuckwit. It actually skews closer to this, with a 'DKR' base:

FIRST LOOK AT BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN Nite_o10

Oh, and guess what, troll? In 'Watchmen', Night Owl COULD MOVE HIS FUCKING HEAD.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Mon May 19, 2014 9:12 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:
Rduce wrote:Looks pretty dorky actually. Like the Keaton suit without the yellow oval and bigger symbol, smaller ears. And does anyone really think Ben has bulked up that much or is getting a lot of padding help. Yea, I smell blood in the water...

Man, you really ARE a stupid shit, aren't you?

Looks like THIS to you??:

No. No it doesn't, fuckwit. It actually skews closer to this, with a 'DKR' base:

FIRST LOOK AT BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN Nite_o10

Oh, and guess what, troll? In 'Watchmen', Night Owl COULD MOVE HIS FUCKING HEAD.

In your eyes perhaps, but in every intelligence test I have taken I score in the upper 15% of the population. However, if you cannot honestly look at Ben's pic and not see a resemblance to Keaton's suit, perhaps you need to contact your ophthalmologist.

Rduce

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon May 19, 2014 7:05 pm

Rduce wrote:In your eyes perhaps, but in every intelligence test I have taken I score in the upper 15% of the population.

HAHAHAHA!!! Upper 15%? Son, tell me where you took those tests so I can be placed in the "upper 1%". Because you have NOTHING on ME.

However, if you cannot honestly look at Ben's pic and not see a resemblance to Keaton's suit, perhaps you need to contact your ophthalmologist.

I already proved your bullshit wrong. How about you post some evidence backing up your troll?

Oh yeah. You CAN'T.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue May 20, 2014 12:02 am

Rduce wrote:In your eyes perhaps, but in every intelligence test I have taken I score in the upper 15% of the population. However, if you cannot honestly look at Ben's pic and not see a resemblance to Keaton's suit, perhaps you need to contact your ophthalmologist.
Not to split hairs over your point but it feels like somebody should mention that a 130 point IQ is considered "very superior". We used to call that "genius" but apparently that made the dummies feel bad so different words need to be used. 120 to 129 is considered "superior".

Beneath that, the 110 to 119 range ("high average"), is home to a lot of accountants, trial lawyers, stock brokers and the like. Several medical doctors fit in here as well. These are some of the more respected professions but, as you can see, they're hardly the upper echelons of intellect. They're solid, reliable performers in many things but they're not top tier candidates. They're good hires if you run your own company but otherwise they're not much to write home about.

Now, I realize the IQ tests are arranged in tiers as per the above. But my firm suspicion is that IQ charts (especially the current version from which come the above numbers and labels) reflect ranges more than breakdowns of the population.

Are you following me here? What I'm saying (based on absolutely nothing except my own experience) is that these ranges are suggestive of aptitude. They say nothing about where the "average" person falls. I mention this because, again, based on nothing but my own observation, the average shmuck tops out somewhere in the 80-89 point range ("low average" on the current Wechsler classification). If "high average" could be said to include supermarket managers (as is my contention), "average" is the guy who works for him.

Track this out. I shouldn't have to fill in the blanks for you here.

So what's my point? To say you fall somewhere in the upper 15% of the population to mean means you regard nuclear scientists as your intellectual peers. And for all I know, maybe they are.

Even so, I'm not the smartest guy in the world (I realized that long ago) but even I'm not stupid enough to make THAT claim.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Thu May 22, 2014 4:33 pm

If anybody doesn't mind I decided post a manip of the photo (That I did myself) with some small changes regarding the ears & symbol...

FIRST LOOK AT BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN New_ba10

And here's a color version which I also made...

FIRST LOOK AT BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN New_ba12

Personally, this is what I would prefer the suit to look like in terms of small details and hopefully this will be the colors that goes with it!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

FIRST LOOK AT BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN Empty Ben's Bulking Up More If That's Possible

Post  Rduce Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:43 am

DETROIT, MI -- Ben Affleck is reportedly taking his role of Batman in the Zack Snyder-director "Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice" movie so seriously that he's hired a "stud of a trainer" to bulk him up.

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/detroit/index.ssf/2014/05/batman_vs_superman_in_detroit_3.html#incart_most-read

Rduce

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:04 am

Rduce wrote:DETROIT, MI -- Ben Affleck is reportedly taking his role of Batman in the Zack Snyder-director "Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice" movie so seriously that he's hired a "stud of a trainer" to bulk him up.

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/detroit/index.ssf/2014/05/batman_vs_superman_in_detroit_3.html#incart_most-read

Yeah, not a recent development:

FIRST LOOK AT BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN Ben-af10
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:12 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:
Rduce wrote:DETROIT, MI -- Ben Affleck is reportedly taking his role of Batman in the Zack Snyder-director "Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice" movie so seriously that he's hired a "stud of a trainer" to bulk him up.

Yeah, not a recent development:

FIRST LOOK AT BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN Ben-af10

Well, to be honest the article is from May 31, so I thought it might be relevant. I only live about 80 minutes from Detroit, so the area media is going ape shit about this film being shot here. When things ramp up I plan on trying to get some pics, but I have difficulty in getting them to insert here. So, if I do get something usable can I just email them to you?

Rduce

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:47 pm

Rduce wrote:Well, to be honest the article is from May 31, so I thought it might be relevant. I only live about 80 minutes from Detroit, so the area media is going ape shit about this film being shot here.

They're pretty behind the times. His personal trainer has been "twatting" about his progress for a few months now. Affleck decided to use his own guy, instead of Gym Jones. Would I have? Hell no. But as long as he gets results, it's all good.

When things ramp up I plan on trying to get some pics, but I have difficulty in getting them to insert here. So, if I do get something usable can I just email them to you?

Feel free to email them to me. I'll post them, and give you the proper credit.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:40 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:They're pretty behind the times. His personal trainer has been "twatting" about his progress for a few months now. Affleck decided to use his own guy, instead of Gym Jones. Would I have? Hell no. But as long as he gets results, it's all good.

I mean... DAMN! Don't get me wrong, the usual caveats apply here. I'm not a gym guy, I know jack shit about weightlifting, nutrition and all that jazz but... I dunno, guess I never thought I'd hear about some celeb that Gym Jones wasn't good enough for. Can't argue with the results but I guess it says a little sumthin-sumthin about how seriously Affleck's taking this.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:59 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:...

I mean... DAMN! Don't get me wrong, the usual caveats apply here. I'm not a gym guy, I know jack shit about weightlifting, nutrition and all that jazz but... I dunno, guess I never thought I'd hear about some celeb that Gym Jones wasn't good enough for. Can't argue with the results but I guess it says a little sumthin-sumthin about how seriously Affleck's taking this.

Well, the Gym Jones guys use a lot of resistance training and HIIT to get the results they do. For a guy like Affleck, he might prefer the "old school" ways, and enjoys getting a pump from lifting weights and following it up with cardio. Nothing wrong with that, as it produces results as well.

Personally, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to work with the guys pretty much at the top of their game. You're never too old to start training, nor can you ever know "enough" about nutrition and working out.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:55 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MrBlackjack/news/?a=103094

Kevin Smith Says The New Batsuit In BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Uses Cloth
In a new Fat Man on Batman podcast (with special guest Neal Adams), Kevin Smith dropped yet another hint about Batfleck's new getup, stating that it utilizes cloth in the suit and "it works". Check it out!

By MrBlackjack - 7/5/2014

During the latest Fat Man on Batman, Kevin Smith described the new Batsuit that will be featured in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (once again). While most of the description was filled with bits fans noticed from the released picture, Smith did drop another new detail about the suit. "They're doing that one for the next movie.", Said Smith as he pointed to a statue from The Dark Knight Returns: Hunt For The Dark Knight (below), "Like he looks like that.". When Neal Adams brought up the fan film Batman: Dead End (video below), Smith said, "I'm telling you, that’s what they're doing in this new movie Batman movie. It's him in material. None of this body armor shit.". This new bit is something that some fans have speculated since the release of the image, as wrinkles in the "cloth" are visible in the suit. During the podcast, Kevin Smith and Neal Adams also discussed the previous Batman films (both have a disliking for all of them except for Batman Beings and The Dark Knight). When discussing Arrow, Adams praised it for "...being open to ideas" (he specifically pointed out the mystery behind Speedy), but also shared some of his critisisms of season one. He revealed that he has even sent in suggestions to the show's writers.

FIRST LOOK AT BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN 030724badbat
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:08 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:"They're doing that one for the next movie.", Said Smith as he pointed to a statue from The Dark Knight Returns: Hunt For The Dark Knight (below), "Like he looks like that.".
Nothing new there.

Apologist Puncher wrote:"I'm telling you, that’s what they're doing in this new movie Batman movie. It's him in material. None of this body armor shit.".
Long overdue. How long have we all wanted that? I think it goes back to at least as far as the first forum. Maybe even the SSS blog.

Apologist Puncher wrote:Kevin Smith and Neal Adams also discussed the previous Batman films (both have a disliking for all of them except for Batman Beings and The Dark Knight).
"Batman Beings? Anyway, it's not even true. The fat guy sprayed his shorts about all three Nolan films, TDKRises not least of them. And he's even expressed a fondness for B89 and a willingness to accept Schumacher's movies because, hey, they're still Batman when all's said and done.

Smith has no real principles or convictions when it comes to fandom. He's whatever he needs to be whenever he needs to be. His opposition to Singerman was, I'm convinced, an absolute fluke.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:01 pm

Cape & Cowl from SDCC:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=104217

FIRST LOOK AT BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN Affcow10
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:16 pm

Mmm, didn't Smith say the Batman costume is going to be blue and gray?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:34 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Mmm, didn't Smith say the Batman costume is going to be blue and gray?

No, he mentioned Jim Lee's Batman and people assumed it was blue & grey. He later said it would look "exactly" like THIS:

Which is grey and black.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:36 pm

More cape & cowl pics here:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=104225

FIRST LOOK AT BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN Affbat10
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next