Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Star Wars: Ep VII' Cast Announced

3 posters

Go down

'Star Wars: Ep VII' Cast Announced Empty 'Star Wars: Ep VII' Cast Announced

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:15 am

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/04/29/star-wars-episode-vii-meet-the-new-cast/

'Star Wars: Episode VII': Meet the new cast ....!
By Anthony Breznican on Apr 29, 2014 at 12:45PM

'Star Wars: Ep VII' Cast Announced Star-wars-01

This news should be delivered in big yellow type, rising up into the void of space …

We have our new Star Wars cast.

New to the galaxy far, far away are John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow. Meanwhile, the original trilogy stars — Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker — will all be returning for the Dec. 18, 2015 film

No word yet on who the new characters will be, but obviously Ford is back as intrepid smuggler Han Solo, Fisher reprises Princess Leia (she made no secret she would be back,) and Hamill will be giving us a glimpse of what life is like for a Jedi in winter.

Can Daniels still squeeze into that golden C3PO suit? (You know he puts everyone at his high school reunion to shame.) Despite advancements in robotics over thirty-plus years, fans will be glad to know that Baker will still be giving R2-D2 the human touch. And the towering Mayhew will again be riding shotgun and laughing-it-up-fuzzball in the Millennium Falcon as Chewbacca.

“We are so excited to finally share the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII,” director J.J. Abrams says. “It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud.”

Among the missing, however: Billy Dee Williams — which means no Lando. There’s also no one from the prequel cast, so don’t expect Ewan McGregor to turn up as ghost Obi-Wan.

Star Wars: Episode VII features a screenplay by Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan. Kathleen Kennedy, Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, and John Williams returns as the composer.

Can’t you already hear the theme?

Now for a closer look at the photo: There’s a mini-Regarding Henry reunion happening here, with J.J. Abrams (who wrote that script and has a cameo as a grocery delivery boy) chats with Ford.

Ridley — the lone female in the new cast — is talking with Fisher — the lone female from the old cast — perhaps about the gold swimwear/slavewear that is all-too-common to the women of this galaxy.

Mayhew is to the far right, quietly scanning his script. If we zoom in closely, will we see some of Chewbacca’s dialogue? “WAAAAAAaaaaaaarghhh!HHHH!” (Coolness alert: If you look closely at his sleeve, he’s wearing a Rebel Alliance polo shirt.)

That’s Bryan Burk, a longtime producing partner of Abrams on the couch with Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy, and to her left (with his back to the camera) seems to be Gleeson.

A bearded, beady-eyed Hamill is having an in-depth exchange with fellow member of the plaid shirt club von Sydow Daniels, also with his head turned away from the camera, while Serkis is behind them, poring over his script. (Von Sydow does not appear to be in the shot.)

The three young guys of the cast, Isaac, Boyega, and Driver, are in the upper left of the image, while Kasdan — who was also a screenwriter on The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi — is going to spill that glass of water on the arm of the sofa if he’s not careful.

Oh, and there’s R2-D2 in the background. Something is written on that lid of the box.

Now let’s dive into who’s who among the newcomers:

• John Boyega

• Daisy Ridley

• Adam Driver

• Oscar Isaac

• Andy Serkis

• Domhnall Gleeson

• Max von Sydow

The link then goes into each actors credits and acting history.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

'Star Wars: Ep VII' Cast Announced Empty Re: 'Star Wars: Ep VII' Cast Announced

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:18 am

I've not kept up so forgive me if this is already known... but Andy Serkis is mostly known for mo-cap stuff like Gollum and Kong, right? Who could he possibly be playing?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:23 am

thecolorsblend wrote:I've not kept up so forgive me if this is already known... but Andy Serkis is mostly known for mo-cap stuff like Gollum and Kong, right? Who could he possibly be playing?

He's done plenty of acting too. In fact, he was one of the ships "characters" in 'Kong' as well:

'Star Wars: Ep VII' Cast Announced 428618_1276700180189_450_299
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:28 am

I've seen a fair amount of phony outrage over BDW's absence from the list. That really doesn't bother me much because Lando never struck me as a joiner. I couldn't picture him sticking around long after the second Death Star went kerplunk. In fact, the same thing goes for Han... but I'm willing to let that slide because who ever thought Harrison Ford would come back for more Star Wars? I'll never buy Han and Leia as a couple but, eh, I'll roll with it. It's not like Han's going to survive the trilogy anyway.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:40 am

Meh. I never considered Lando a "main" character anyway. He was always a supporting one to me, someone who played a small part in a bigger picture.

And who's to say he can't show up in any of the preordained sequels?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Thu May 15, 2014 12:36 am

Lando seems too much like the kind of guy would retire and never go back, so I have no problem with him not joining a new adventure. Of the cast, I'm mostly happy to see Mark Hamill return. I have no doubt that out of all the cast, he's gonna be the one bringing 110% to this one.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:24 am

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/moviesnow/la-et-mn-star-wars-episode-vii-lupita-nyongo-gwendoline-christie-20140602-story.html

'Star Wars: Episode VII' adds Lupita Nyong'o, Gwendoline Christie

'Star Wars: Ep VII' Cast Announced La-et-10

By Oliver Gettell

Oscar winner Lupita Nyong'o and "Game of Thrones" star Gwendoline Christie have joined the cast of "Star Wars: Episode VII," J.J. Abrams' highly anticipated extension of the classic space-opera franchise, Disney and Lucasfilm announced Monday.

Actor Max von Sydow, who received Academy Award nominations for his work in "Pelle the Conqueror" and "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close."

Nyong'o and Christie add some female star power to a cast that was criticized for being predominantly male when it was announced in April. No details have been revealed about their characters.

------------

FOR THE RECORD

An earlier version of this post said that Lupita Nyong'o had won the Oscar for lead actress. It was for supporting actress.

------------

The two join newcomer Daisy Ridley and "Star Wars" veteran Carrie Fisher, as well as John Boyega, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, Max von Sydow, Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew and Kenny Baker.

"I could not be more excited about Lupita and Gwendoline joining the cast of 'Episode VII,'" Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy said in a statement on starwars.com. "It's thrilling to see this extraordinarily talented ensemble taking shape."

Nyong'o, who became a breakout star and won the Oscar for supporting actress for her debut performance as the tortured field worker Patsey in "12 Years a Slave," has had her name in the "Star Wars" rumor mill for some time.

Christie, who plays the fan-favorite warrior Brienne of Tarth on "Game of Thrones," will also be seen on the big screen in the upcoming "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2."

Abrams is directing "Episode VII," the first of a planned trilogy, from a screenplay by him and Lawrence Kasdan. The film recently began production and is set to open Dec. 18, 2015.

In addition to the main "Star Wars" story, Disney and Lucasfilm are planning multiple spinoff movies. The first, to be directed by Gareth Edwards ("Godzilla"), is scheduled for release Dec. 16, 2016.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:22 pm

Wouldn't surprise me in the SLIGHTEST if true:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=101752

Has Simon Pegg Joined The Cast Of J.J. Abrams' STAR WARS EPISODE VII?

It looks like J.J. Abrams will be reuniting with at least one member of the Star Trek cast for Star Wars Episode VII as Simon Pegg (who also starred in Abrams' Mission Impossible 3) has apparently been spotted on the set shooting scenes in Abu Dhabi. Read on for details!
By Josh Wilding - 6/12/2014

'Star Wars: Ep VII' Cast Announced Mlrj6u10

According to IGN Middle East, their sources have told them that Simon Pegg will indeed make an appearance in J.J. Abrams' Star Wars Episode VII after being spitted on set to shoot scenes. Now, with the Hot Fuzz actor recently stating that "I don’t think it would be appropriate for me to be in it, to be honest. I think J.J. should cast new faces with no stunt casting," it seems possible that he was simply paying a visit to the set, but why would he do that when they're shooting in his home country?! The site goes on to add that Pegg has a secret role in the film, and so it seems likely that this is just a cameo appearance of some sort. Either way, we'll find out in a little over a year from now! Would you guys like to see Simon Pegg make the jump from Star Trek to Star Wars?

Source: IGN Middle East
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:23 pm

Ditto. Pretty sure George Takei wouldn't happy about this since he won't be able to say he's the only actor who's done both Trek and Star Wars.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down