Ray Fisher Is Cyborg

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ray Fisher Is Cyborg

Post  Apologist Puncher on Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:39 pm

I knew it wouldn't be The Rock:

Ray Fisher Cast as Cyborg in ‘Batman vs. Superman’
Posted on Thursday, April 24th, 2014 by Russ Fischer

The potential Justice League roster just expanded by one in Zack Snyder‘s new vision of the DC Universe. Theater actor Ray Fisher (not the football player) has been cast as Cyborg in Batman vs. Superman. Since Fisher just played Muhammed Ali in a play staged in New York, he should have the chops to sign on as Cyborg.

Variety reports that the character won’t have a large role in the film, but his role could expand as Warner Bros. preps more DC Universe films. That raises more questions than it answers, really. Variety says “[Cyborg] will become a much more significant role as Warner and D.C. develop more films related to the Justice League universe, sources confirm.”

Cyborg is more closely associated with the Teen Titans, but has been part of Justice League stories as well. Clearly that’s the angle Snyder & Co. are relying upon for the film. (Though a Teen Titans movie might seem like a smart move down the road for DC and WB, it doesn’t seem like a likely choice at the moment.)

Cyborg is also associated with S.T.A.R. Labs, which got a brief mention in Man of Steel. Last year, David Goyer explicitly mentioned that adding nods to S.T.A.R. Labs was meant to tie Cyborg to the film: “We mentioned S.T.A.R. Labs at one point, that’s kind of a connection to Cyborg.”

Fisher was among the young actors who tested for a prominent role in Star Wars Episode VII. Presumably this means he won’t be in that film. Below is a shot of the actor as Ali.

The new Batman/Superman movie is in production now, with a cast that also includes Henry Cavill as Superman, Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne/Batman, Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, and Amy Adams as Lois Lane. Zack Snyder is directing from a script by David Goyer from a story by Goyer and Snyder.

Batman vs. Superman is still a working title. Variety references the film as the “untitled Batman-Superman feature.” Whatever the film ends up being called, it is currently scheduled for release on May 6, 2016.

Here’s a brief bio of Cyborg, from the DC Comics wiki:

Cyborg, also known as Victor Stone, is a superhero who is half man and half machine. His body was destroyed in a tragic accident, but he was saved through experimental technology; his body parts have been replaced with a large arsenal of high-tech gadgets and weaponry, while constantly providing life support. Stone struggles with his humanity as a machine, although his advancements have made him an unstoppable powerhouse.

I can just hear the bitching now:

"itz to money peeples in da moofie!" "iz to crownded!!" "men ah still suck!!"

But something tells me Cyborg will show up for about 2 minutes. Possibly in the Batcave, on a computer screen.

No one said people on the interwebz were intelligent though....

BJ Routh and Bryan Singer WERE the worst thing to happen to Superman since Bepo the Super Monkey.

Apologist Puncher

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Re: Ray Fisher Is Cyborg

Post  non_amos on Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:34 pm

What do you mean? They're already whining about it! Just check out the comments over at SHH. Seriously though I do have some concern myself. It was supposed to be a Superman film with Batman in it. Then they added Wonder Woman. Why? And now they're adding everyone else & the kitchen sink. How long before the guy from ARROW puts in a cameo? And his version of FLASH? I know a lot of the comments are the usual Internet crapola but one guy said he felt sorry for Henry Cavill in all this, that if he were him he'd just walk. I wouldn't want it coming to that but I don't want Cavill 'lost in the shuffle' either. I also remember a comment like where WB/DC just don't have any confidence in a stand-alone Superman film. That I might could actually believe. Unfortunately.

Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:37 pm

non_amos wrote:I know a lot of the comments are the usual Internet crapola but one guy said he felt sorry for Henry Cavill in all this, that if he were him he'd just walk.
Nolan fan, no doubt.

TCB's podcast- http://twotruefreaks.com/shows.php?show=32

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:07 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top