Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman 75th Anniversary Short

4 posters

Go down

Batman 75th Anniversary Short Empty Batman 75th Anniversary Short

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:04 pm

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Batman 75th Anniversary Short Empty Re: Batman 75th Anniversary Short

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:07 pm

Oh, and if THAT wasn't enough, "BatGod" ALSO gets a 'Batman Beyond' short for his 75th. Superman, the character who started it all? He got ONE 2:14 video.

Gotta love WB and DC's disrespect for one, and over promotion of the other...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=98449
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:20 pm

Since MAN OF STEEL has come out WB/DC ought to have more confidence in their flagship hero SUPERMAN! I guess they still look at Batman as 'the baddest MOFO in the room'. C'mon DC, get with the program!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:55 pm

I forget where he said it but Mark Waid gave an interview where he outright said that DC holds Superman in utter disdain. They don't get the character or what makes him work anymore. Batman is more in line with their sensibilities than Superman.

Honestly, if that's the way they feel, I wish they'd just sell Superman and all related characters/concepts to, I dunno, Disney or somebody. Just pisses me off.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:04 am

thecolorsblend wrote:I forget where he said it but Mark Waid gave an interview where he outright said that DC holds Superman in utter disdain. They don't get the character or what makes him work anymore. Batman is more in line with their sensibilities than Superman.

Honestly, if that's the way they feel, I wish they'd just sell Superman and all related characters/concepts to, I dunno, Disney or somebody. Just pisses me off.

Do you suppose that has anything to do with all the years of lawsuits & such from the parasite heirs and lawyers? Like the whole affair has just left a 'bad taste in their mouth'? But they should've been able to rise above all that crap. Does anyone wonder why Marvel is doing so well LOL?  Suspect
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:37 am

non_amos wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:I forget where he said it but Mark Waid gave an interview where he outright said that DC holds Superman in utter disdain. They don't get the character or what makes him work anymore. Batman is more in line with their sensibilities than Superman.

Do you suppose that has anything to do with all the years of lawsuits & such from the parasite heirs and lawyers? Like the whole affair has just left a 'bad taste in their mouth'? But they should've been able to rise above all that crap. Does anyone wonder why Marvel is doing so well LOL?  Suspect
The tone of Waid's comments made me think that had little or nothing to do with it. Found the Waid quote, btw. In reference to his less-than-positive opinion about Man of Steel, Waid said

Voices From Krypton wrote:"I've talked over and over to the people at DC over the last ten years, and I know what WB's feeling is about Superman, which is that he's stupid, he's corny and why can't he be more like Batman? Well, because he's not Batman, but there's nothing Hollywood loves more than safe bets. So that certainly always informs the tone and direction that this movie was going to have. We always knew once they got serious about it that it was going to be a darker, more brooding take, but I kind of thought there would be a little wiggle room there."

Original URL- http://voicesfromkrypton.net/man-of-steel-exclusive-talking-superman-with-mark-waid
So it seems my memory was fuzzy. Waid was referring to Warner Bros, not DC. But at the same time, you can't really argue that his comments don't have some relation to how DC views Superman.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:43 pm

It doesn't end for BatGod. Now a shitload of books NOT featuring BatGod, will have BatGod covers.

http://batman-news.com/2014/04/22/batman-75th-anniversary-covers-coming-july/

I love the total disrespect they give Superman. Don't do shit for #1, go all-out for #2.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:39 pm

I noticed that Batman has trunks in that pic. I thought that was long gone? So what does that mean for Superman? But you're right, it'd be nice if DC remembered their FIRST SUPERHERO.  Rolling Eyes
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:45 pm

The New 52 Superman is such a pale imitation of the real thing that part of me doesn't see him getting the relative short-shrift last year as a completely bad thing. I mean, even if we were talking about the Sucky Origin version of Superman, at least he had The Suit. I would've been fine with that one getting hyped. I just don't want The New 52 Superman to get any more perceived legitimacy than he's already got.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Fri May 02, 2014 2:43 am

thecolorsblend wrote:The New 52 Superman is such a pale imitation of the real thing.......

Oh good, so it's not only me who thinks that way. I couldn't believe what they've done to the character when I saw "JLA War"

Makes me nostalgic for Smallville.

Sorry I've been away, btw

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri May 02, 2014 8:06 am

Father Finian wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:The New 52 Superman is such a pale imitation of the real thing.......

Oh good, so it's not only me who thinks that way.  I couldn't believe what they've done to the character when I saw "JLA War"

Makes me nostalgic for Smallville.

Sorry I've been away, btw

Welcome back!

Speaking of that DVD you mention, I haven't seen it but I saw the DVD itself & read the back of it & as usual it seemed like Batman was the focal point & what turned me off was it referred to Superman as 'the alien Kryptonian known as Superman'. Yeah, we get that Superman is an alien & that was explored in MOS but that wording somehow disgusted me, like, this is your flagship hero, right? But that wording seemed to me more like an insult than a compliment.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Fri May 02, 2014 8:22 pm

I can't work out what they're going for. Superman is a dick, almost cold. Captain Marvel is ridiculous, he still behaves like a big kid, all the characterizations are off. Even Batman cops it, and even worse in "Son Of Batman" Why you'd saddle Batman with a kid in a violent and bloodthirsty movie not made for kids is beyond me

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down